Author Topic: SDC's 2023 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 124314 times)

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2023 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #300 on: October 31, 2022, 10:15:43 AM »
Good! But I suspect if Dollywood keeps the black out dates going forward...this will eventually transition to SDC too.  :(

They received a ton of backlash for it. They ended up removing blackouts on kids passes. It will be interesting to see what they do for 2024.

Back to SDC passes... as always, people are complaining about more restrictions on BAF passes, but they are also probably the same people that complain about crowds and lines. You can't have cheap entry, unrestricted bring a friend passes, and no lines. The park has to control crowds some how.

Lampie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 31, 2022, 10:26:57 AM »
it really would make sense to me to restrict silver passes from Saturdays October-Dec.

I'm a little disappointed with dropping the discounts for silver and that they didn't add more perks for gold and silver. One of the surveys this fall that I did asked a lot of questions about different perks for passes, and how much those perks would motivate me to get a particular pass level. I really expected them to add a few of those things. Mostly they were some of the things they did this year as VIP events and access. I'm also a little disappointed that's gone too. it was fun to have some random perks at each festival.

I'm also surprised that they don't have BAF passes for the harvest festival. With that being one of their best festivals it seems like a good time to have BAF passes to get people to bring guests who might decide to become pass holders. I'm assuming they did not do BAF for it because attendance was so strong for harvest fest, they don't want to lose money by having people there on free passes.

all of that said, I'm getting passes for next year and am happy overall with the perks and prices. I'm shocked they didn't raise the silver pass price and just raised gold and diamond $10.

MCLFLN

• Jr. Citizen
  • Going since 1978
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 31, 2022, 10:38:36 AM »
Just noticed: "Priority Gate Entrance"

What is this?

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #303 on: October 31, 2022, 11:07:07 AM »

What is this?

Brad's video mentioned a revamped entry system, and there will be a different gate for those passholders who opt to pay the higher fee.  We've talked about the entry being remodeled for a couple of years, and it sounds like that might come in some form for 2023 - another vintage memory succumbing to progress - but we just can't be sure how intrusive the new system might be on the classic entrance.  It may be no more than a dedicated turnstile.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

MCLFLN

• Jr. Citizen
  • Going since 1978
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 31, 2022, 11:21:28 AM »
I expected a new entrance for everyone - not some special season pass perk for the more expensive tiers.

Ugh....

What is this?

Brad's video mentioned a revamped entry system, and there will be a different gate for those passholders who opt to pay the higher fee.  We've talked about the entry being remodeled for a couple of years, and it sounds like that might come in some form for 2023 - another vintage memory succumbing to progress - but we just can't be sure how intrusive the new system might be on the classic entrance.  It may be no more than a dedicated turnstile.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 31, 2022, 11:35:03 AM »
If you rewatch the video and look at the website, nothing is actually said about the ticket booth/entry area. It is all about traffic flow and parking. I wouldn't expect anything major with the actual entry area based off of what has been announced so far. It is also targeted for completion in 2024, not next year.

https://www.silverdollarcity.com/news/New-For-2023

I'm guessing that the Priority Gate Entrance will be a few lanes to the far left or right where they scan tickets that will be reserved for Gold and Diamond pass holders.

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 31, 2022, 03:31:19 PM »
it really would make sense to me to restrict silver passes from Saturdays October-Dec.

Ya know, some people actually work during the week and have no option but to go on Saturdays.  You have just cavalierly prevented then from attending the Harvest Fest and OTC.  Not everyone can afford the up-scale passes.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 31, 2022, 07:11:44 PM »
I am not paying for some sort of increased level in order to not have blackout dates.  I am about 98% sure I am not buying passes for next year and if they implement blackout dates, I will be done for good. 

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #308 on: October 31, 2022, 09:41:21 PM »
I am not paying for some sort of increased level in order to not have blackout dates.  I am about 98% sure I am not buying passes for next year and if they implement blackout dates, I will be done for good. 

Yeah I am kinda on the fence and for the first time in a decade debating if I wanna bother with getting passes for next year myself. But thats only one factor in my reasoning.

npd652

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 31, 2022, 10:33:15 PM »
Im guessing the priority entry could be where the first aid station is. They used that entrance a few years ago for an event.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #310 on: October 31, 2022, 11:12:39 PM »
If you rewatch the video and look at the website, nothing is actually said about the ticket booth/entry area. It is all about traffic flow and parking. I wouldn't expect anything major with the actual entry area based off of what has been announced so far. It is also targeted for completion in 2024, not next year.

https://www.silverdollarcity.com/news/New-For-2023

I guess I took "improve the Guest Entrance experience into Silver Dollar City" and "enhanced pedestrian access routes" to mean something other than the parking and turn lane expenditures.

Im guessing the priority entry could be where the first aid station is. They used that entrance a few years ago for an event.

That's what I figure, unless a larger revamp is underway.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

kbosch1

• McCoy
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 01, 2022, 08:40:06 AM »
I can't tell if Dollywood's blackout dates are a money grab or a means of trying to control crowds. 

Either way, I am not sure that alienating your season pass holders (at any level) is the way to do it.  I am of mind that it should be the opposite - a season pass holder only day during Christmas where there are specials all day, the food is automatically discounted and maybe special performances.   I realize that SP holders get special perks now and the BAFs are nice and allow a friend to enter "free", but isn't that truly just a marketing ploy in the end?   Invite a friend or two and hopefully it'll turn into a SP purchase in the future?  Or invite a friend or two and they will spend "X" amount of dollars for food/merchandise?

As others have mentioned, I have been a SP holder for a long time and it saddens me to think that I am actually considering not getting one.  I am sure, in the end, I will, but its a shame I am even thinking about it.   

Ok, off my soapbox!  :)   Looking forward to my Christmas visit in two weeks!

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 02, 2022, 08:00:11 PM »

Yeah I am kinda on the fence and for the first time in a decade debating if I wanna bother with getting passes for next year myself. But thats only one factor in my reasoning.

Me too...

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 02, 2022, 09:36:47 PM »
An improved guest entrance experience would be bringing back the green trams. ;)

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 03, 2022, 11:14:37 AM »

Me too...

Me too...
Instead of buying 2 passes this year as we have for many years, my husband bought 1 gold pass and I went with the BAF tickets included on his pass so we had fewer visits this year. Not sure that we will even do that for next year.