Author Topic: SDC's 2023 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 124187 times)

KevinLong

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2023 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #330 on: November 11, 2022, 08:15:11 AM »
I was being 90% facetious, in everything I wrote, I guess it was mis-understood.

I also have to guess that someone who visits the park ONCE every few YEARS, might not be as invested in the overall esthetic of the park and its history and unique features, as some one who visits more often.

My point was, I think making SDC  More Disney like is a mistake. The unusual Geography and finding those hidden Gems around every corner is gone once you make all the pathways wide, square and open. Oh You can get to the rides much faster which is the direction we seem to be heading anyway.

Celebration city was far more  Disneylike....   

We are all fans here... even with different perspectives.

2 more cents
Kevin

Jemmicat

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: November 11, 2022, 09:42:40 AM »
Um... Please save your judgement. I only have gone once every couple years as I moved from Springfield to London 2 years ago... a bit expensive to visit currently more than once every couple years. Prior to that, from the 80's until 2020, I was visiting SDC 30-50 times a year. So you are totally misguided with your attempt to invalidate my opinion.

But there was definitely a misunderstanding that you were being "facetious" (although the word I think you mean was "sarcastic")

Also, I was NOT saying to make SDC more like Disney. I am saying - AND ALL I AM SAYING - is that they should have someone on staff who looks into things from a logical and engineering eye. That can be done in a myriad of ways to improve the ingress and egress without huge expense or changes. It just needs looked at. That is all
« Last Edit: November 11, 2022, 11:44:31 AM by Jemmicat »

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: November 11, 2022, 08:17:04 PM »
Yes, I do agree about the folks who find it necessary to complete stop and congregate after the gates.  Or they walk thru the park side by side talking taking up the whole walk way and nobody can get past them.

And, then get angry when wheelchairs and strollers run into them when they stop.  Wheelchairs and strollers can't stop as quickly as walkers who've made an abrupt stop.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: November 13, 2022, 07:33:24 PM »
Yep.  Last year I do not recall going at all during Christmas time.  I am not sure if we are going to make it back this year or not, I got tired of fighting all the rude people that seem to come out at Christmas, especially fighting over spots for the parade.  I do not plan on buying passes for next year. 

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #334 on: December 02, 2022, 12:07:08 AM »
Supplies for the new covered seating area near the waterfall are now onsite.  Expect the new seating area to resemble the one attached to Smokehouse. 
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #335 on: December 19, 2022, 12:42:22 PM »
I looked through the fence as the gate was open and saw the foundations for the new buildings seem to be a lot smaller and farther back than the old ones. Will probably be more open in this area when it is complete. Makes sense seeing as it used to be a bit of pinch point. Still need to chop a few feet off the front of the lumbercamp seating area as well, IMO. Hopefully they'll be plenty of tree planters to restore the canopy.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 19, 2022, 09:55:25 PM »
Still need to chop a few feet off the front of the lumbercamp seating area as well, IMO.

👀 🤐
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: December 22, 2022, 05:03:34 PM »
Roof structure has gone up on Lumbercamp 2 Dinning Pavilion.  Foundation Poured for Fried Fancies

https://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2022/12/city-update-sdc_20.html
SWOOSH

Lampie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: December 25, 2022, 07:19:27 PM »
Roof structure has gone up on Lumbercamp 2 Dinning Pavilion.  Foundation Poured for Fried Fancies

https://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2022/12/city-update-sdc_20.html

Thanks for the updates.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #339 on: December 27, 2022, 01:52:11 PM »
It just looks so weird with how it is laid out. It will obviously make much more sense when it's all complete and filled out, but it looks so odd compared to the original footprint. Hard to see where the furniture store is going to go, but it looks like it will be tucked around and take over some of the footprint where the 'original' apple butter store used to be many years ago? Unless that is it in the middle?

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: December 29, 2022, 12:52:49 PM »
There is a marker and paint on the new peninsula in Lake Silver by Fireman’s landing. Are we expecting the little swings to move this off-season?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: December 29, 2022, 12:57:12 PM »
There is a marker and paint on the new peninsula in Lake Silver by Fireman’s landing. Are we expecting the little swings to move this off-season?

Yes.  They are planning on getting that connection area ready this off-season to Blazing Hole
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #342 on: December 29, 2022, 01:35:43 PM »
Meh. I miss old Lake Silver. Hard to believe that over the past 8 years it's become such a puddle surrounded by rides. Might as well fill the rest in at this point. Really wish they'd fix the hole where the swings were originally, but I guess it's all pointless now.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: December 31, 2022, 10:07:03 AM »
Meh. I miss old Lake Silver. Hard to believe that over the past 8 years it's become such a puddle surrounded by rides. Might as well fill the rest in at this point. Really wish they'd fix the hole where the swings were originally, but I guess it's all pointless now.

It might be time for you to find a new hobby
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #344 on: December 31, 2022, 12:15:29 PM »
Lol, you of all people to say that. Bitching about change has been a pretty good hobby for me over the 15 years we've been discussing things on this forum. I guess it's the one thing we can always count on.  ::)