Author Topic: SDC's 2023 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 124178 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: SDC's 2023 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #285 on: October 13, 2022, 01:09:32 PM »
Someone on reddit mentioned that an employee said track won't be delivered until spring. Gotta take that with a massive grain of salt of course, but the idea that track is delayed matches with what we are seeing.

The announcement period for "off years" is usually early November when they start trying to sell next year's season passes. That will be our final confirmation that it isn't happening in 2023 I think. They'll probably announce the new food stands/shops that are replacing the burned areas.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 14, 2022, 09:25:48 PM »
Work continued on the exterior of the building. The white parts are being painted a tan/brown color.
There was work happening in the building too, but the windows in Fireman's Landing were too dirty to get a good view. It looked like hvac or electrical work happening up high with a book lift.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 16, 2022, 01:38:19 PM »
Dollywood has released their 2023 season pass details. Their silver passes are blacked out from Thanksgiving through the end of the year. Will be interesting to see what happens with SDC pass levels for 2023.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 16, 2022, 09:38:01 PM »
I highly doubt I am buying passes next year, which will be the first time in many years.  If they start blacking out dates I would pretty much be done with SDC at that point.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #289 on: October 17, 2022, 10:56:24 AM »
Finally made it out to the park for the first time this year on Sunday for a few hours. Posted some photos on our FB page of the two construction sites.

It's interesting to see what they are doing with the burned area, but sure wish they hadn't taken out the cool entrance archways for AP and Wildfire. That was some cool theming that I doubt will come back. The loss of trees is always concerning too... the area is so much more open now where there used to be a patch of woods around the waterfall. It will be good to have some new food stands and the furniture factory back though.

The facade work continues on the FITH replacement. Looks interesting so far - I'm sure it will match FL much more than the original though. It's going to be clean and bright, not rough rustic like old SDC. I don't really care about that though, just an observation on different architectural styles throughout the park.

The building is still empty, and all the whispers are pointing to a massive delay in getting parts delivered to the park, so all we are waiting for is the official confirmation at the end of the month that it isn't coming next year after all.

The parking projects are going at full tilt though. The new land acquisition is already a massive satellite parking lot that was in use on Saturday. Looks like something is under construction on the other side of the street as well? Word on the street is that some sort of land clearing is taking place there today as well, so I doubt those half built mcmansions are long for this world. I also noticed that some of the old boneyard area along 76 next to the park has been cleared out and has a bulldozer on it. The park also recently acquired the old Uncle Ike's post office property (hence why the historic post office was moved to SOTH). I'll bet we see a new employee parking lot built this off-season in this area.

Jesus4me

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 21, 2022, 10:30:22 AM »
When is this park just going to come out and announce what the giant building in Firemans Landing is already. LOL

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #291 on: October 21, 2022, 05:30:07 PM »
It looks like that announcement could be a year away.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

ThemeParkFan

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 21, 2022, 10:08:10 PM »
I haven't been following the rumor mill super closely, but if the new ride just isn't going to be ready for next year, is there a possibility that FITH could soldier on for another year in the meantime?

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 22, 2022, 07:11:11 PM »
I haven't been following the rumor mill super closely, but if the new ride just isn't going to be ready for next year, is there a possibility that FITH could soldier on for another year in the meantime?

Recent reports are that it's running great, features have returned, it looks spruced up, the audio is fine, so... it looks good for the near future.

Jesus4me

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 26, 2022, 07:25:21 AM »
With this https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1356862104847268 without Fire in the Hole, we know that the ride is not coming in 2023. Fried Fancies and Heartland Home furnishing's, a new parking lot and college dorms are new in 2023. Wow when can I get my season pass.  ::)

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 26, 2022, 08:00:05 AM »
You know Whitewater is in line for replacement with the land purchases and resort rumors. The complete lack of investment there tells you this as well.

Does SDC go above and beyond with an additional Great Wolf sized indoor waterpark feature to the rumored resort. More like Gaylord in Nashvegas.

Lampie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 26, 2022, 08:08:25 AM »
With this https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1356862104847268 without Fire in the Hole, we know that the ride is not coming in 2023. Fried Fancies and Heartland Home furnishing's, a new parking lot and college dorms are new in 2023. Wow when can I get my season pass.  ::)

Parking and turn lane are going to be done in 2024, some of it might open in 2023 but it will be 2024 before the whole project is finished.

I’m not clear on the timeline for the worker housing, I think it’s 2024 as well but could be 2023.

So for 2023 we get a rebuilt fried fancies with expanded waterfall dining area(most likely making that area no longer a calm quiet spot to eat away from crowds) and a rebuilt heartland home furnishings.

I do wonder if the delay to FITH2 means they will double up on attractions and do a new ride attraction in 2025 or if this will push back most of their plans by a year.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 26, 2022, 08:17:34 AM »
I’m not clear on the timeline for the worker housing, I think it’s 2024 as well but could be 2023.

It is expected to open mid-2023.

https://www.silverdollarcity.com/news/New-For-2023

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 31, 2022, 09:55:03 AM »
Dollywood has released their 2023 season pass details. Their silver passes are blacked out from Thanksgiving through the end of the year. Will be interesting to see what happens with SDC pass levels for 2023.

The 2023 season pass website doesn't show any blackout dates.
I'm Your Huckleberry

MCLFLN

• Jr. Citizen
  • Going since 1978
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 31, 2022, 10:07:26 AM »
Good! But I suspect if Dollywood keeps the black out dates going forward...this will eventually transition to SDC too.  :(

The 2023 season pass website doesn't show any blackout dates.