Author Topic: Branson Food  (Read 37962 times)

mbrownx4

• McCoy
  • When can I go back?
    • View Profile
Re: Branson Food
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2010, 05:17:03 AM »
For several years, I went to Dockers every morning when I was down at Branson.  Then last year I decided to go to Golden Corral for breakfast, they had a better variety and they gave a discount for SDC season pass!
Vote to end 2020!

Twinsmom98

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2010, 06:30:16 AM »
For a quick meal we sometimes have pizza at the IMAX theatre.  The girls like the hawaiian pizza.  I enjoy people watching.

In my first post mbrownx4 I omitted the "x" sorry - my computer screen curves in the middle and I am trying to do for now.  But I wanted to apologize.

mbrownx4

• McCoy
  • When can I go back?
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2010, 06:51:00 AM »
Yup, I like the pizza at Breadeux (?) also.  And no offense taken, not even noticed Twinsmom!  Back to food...I love Rib Crib-could eat there 3 meals a day, however, no one else in my family likes it at all. :'(
Vote to end 2020!

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2010, 10:09:32 PM »
We stay in Branson West now. So we do Pizza by the Chef for supper, Michaels Diner for breakfast, & the BBQ place down the street sometimes too. We used to go to Rib Crib, Sadies.
Live life like it's the last day!

PastorDon

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2010, 10:30:04 PM »
Has anybody eaten at the Floating Cafe down on Indian Point, and how is it?  We're going to be staying nearby at the Tribesman in just 4 WEEKS!
In His grip!

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2010, 07:21:25 AM »
PastorDon  we have a floating dock cafe on Beaver Lake in NW Arkansas that is very nice. Kids feed the ducks and fish, parents can get bait around the corner at the back side, and there are boat slips for those on the lake that just want to pull up and get a bite. Big picture windows so patrons can watch the action on the lake. Very nice, family ran place. Very relaxing. Cheap basic fare, like hamburger baskets, onion rings, fries, even a fish sandwich, icy cold Cokes. I hope the place you are asking about is the same way. :)
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

PastorDon

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2010, 01:40:39 PM »
^ Thanks, Junior!  Don't know if we'll get down that way on this trip, but it sounds like a neat place to eat sometime.  We were down to the base of Beaver Dam back in '04 and canoed from there down to Charlie's Campground a few miles away.  They were just blowing the horns and letting water out of the dam when we arrived, so we had a quick ride down the river.  It was great! 
In His grip!

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2010, 12:35:51 PM »
On my trip last week with family friends, we changed almost everything we normally do, and went through their routines. Doing this was frustrating at times, since When in Branson I like doing my usual things. However...This time was different. I loved trying the two new places to eat this week.

Staying at a new place, I thought I would try something I wouldn't have on a normal basis. At BigCedar Lodge, at the Buzzard Bar, I had the Clay Self burger. Named after the cowboy singer/ musician, by the same name, it is made up of a Grilled burger, basted with barbeque sauce, topped with coleslaw, smoked bacon and a breaded onion ring with a sesame seed bun. The signature Blueberry poppyseed dressing was pretty tasty as well on their salad.

http://www.big-cedar.com/Page/82/11/Buzzard-Bar.aspx
http://www.clayself.com/

Never having had the opportunity to have Famous Dave's BBQ, I was excited to be in Branson with carnivores this time!  I am a BBQ fan, but just never got the Daves. It was great. The Pork was some of the best I have had, The St Louis Style Ribe were as good as any here in St. Louis (I know it is just a cut of ribs, but it was better than any here) And the cornbread was the best I have ever had. This is a must stop on the Landing.

http://www.famousdaves.com/

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 04, 2010, 01:12:27 PM »
Big Cedar Lodge is a neat place. Has a long history as a resort. Used to be known as Devil's Pool. Indians thought the spring at Devil's Pool had mystical powers and healing powers. Pioneers saw the blind cave fish coming out of the spring and thought it was an entry to Hell. Pro Bass Shop has done a good job with the place...love all the log cabins and buildings. But ya gotta have some deep pockets...
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2010, 01:17:58 PM »
Never heard of Big Cedar Lodge...  WHere is it located?
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 04, 2010, 02:10:47 PM »
Deep indeed. thankfully the friends of ours had "guest share-points" for their time share. They were able to give us a room for the week at no cost to them, or us. We are a one income family during these economic hardships, and well... I teach public school so, in this economy we would NEVER be able to afford a stay here if we had to pay. It was like being treated like royalty for a week. Cookies were delivered every night promptly at 7 to our room, newspapers were on the doorsteps daily, free mini golf, several pools, a lazy river, boats for rental, horseback riding, running/hiking trails, a trolley would pick you up and take you anywhere on the HUGE premises. I doubt we will be lucky enough to stay there again, so I took in as much as I could (as opposed to taking out as much as I could, I think they would have noticed the missing TV and microwave :D)
It is located 10 miles South of Branson on Table Rock Lake, in Ridgedale MO (an exit or two past Hollister/College of the Ozarks
http://www.bigcedar.com/

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 04, 2010, 04:50:37 PM »
Way back in the days of old...when dinosaurs roamed the earth...I had my 10th high school anniversary at Big Cedar in 1990. Wonderful meeting rooms, great food. This place is the only place I know of that has as good of  attention to detail as SDC. Even the handles on the doors and fixtures in the rest rooms were "in theme." as Ferris Bueller was known to say..."If you have the means, I highly recommend it."

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 04, 2010, 10:22:07 PM »
I know this got off food...but Firstly Ferris Bueller is my hero (in the voice of Cameron Frye). It is one of my favorite movies-next to Back to The Future 1 & 3. The detail was crazy Junior. Cast antler drawer pulls, animal heads and mounted fish in every room. Lamps that cast shadows of wildlife and mountain scenes on the walls... A lot to take in in such a short stay
"Life moves pretty fast. If you dont stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

Now back to foooooooooooood!!!!!!!

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 05, 2010, 10:51:59 PM »
^I love Back to the Future as well!!!! Back in the day, I used to watch it all the time. And Ferris Bueller is just a typical 80's movie to me, I really didn't see anything too special about it.

Anyways, back to food now!! I've probably posted this before, but the Famous Dave's at the Branson Landing is the best I've ever ate at. The food always arrives quickly, there is never a wait, and that allows you to get in and get out to enjoy your Branson vacation.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 05, 2010, 11:26:09 PM »
My vegetatian wife even enjoyed it (this was the reason that we had not gone there prior to this visit) She had the pulled pork salad-w/out the pork, and a cornbread muffin. She fell in love with the honey bbq salad dressing.