Author Topic: Branson Food  (Read 37957 times)

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
Re: Branson Food
« Reply #120 on: November 03, 2010, 09:27:02 AM »
That is such a shame! This 74 year old man must now be locked up in prison over foolish decisions. Plus with the hundreds of thousands of dollars in restitution, he will be dealing with the repercussions of this mess for the rest of his life. It just doesn’t seem worth it to me. In retrospect, he should have just bit the bullet, and paid his taxes just like we all must do.

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 04, 2010, 02:47:29 PM »
Tax prosecutions almost always lose money. The tax debt is almost always much smaller than the cost of investigating, prosecuting, and incarcerating someone, not to mention that person is then out of business and won't be producing any more taxes for the foreseeable future.

The real reason is, as Voltaire said, pour encourager les autres.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 04, 2010, 10:35:55 PM »
One would think that they would WANT him to keep the business open and force him the then turn over $$ as it is earned...I guess that is too logical that he owes gobs of money, now they put him in a jail, and cost the state ...more $$, needless to say he is gonna cost them more by keeping him in jail. At least he would be making them money if he was working. I'll move on down and work the restaurant. I have 5 years on restaurant management.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #123 on: November 04, 2010, 11:11:17 PM »
Well this is the government after all. It's one of those situations where they throw him in jail first, and then expect him to pay it all when he gets out because that's how it's always been done. If they really wanted the tax money, they should have sentenced him to go back to work, and pay it off.