Author Topic: Branson Food  (Read 37970 times)

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
Branson Food
« on: March 23, 2008, 08:00:44 PM »
Where do you just have to eat when you're in Branson?

What should we avoid?
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
Re: Branson Food
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 08:12:28 PM »
Cantina Laredo is the best Mexican restaurant in Branson. The food is not greasy like most Mexican restaurant and has flavor.

Moon River Grill has great art work, lots of Andy Warhol and great drinks. It is a good place to go late because it is open till midnight and one on weekends.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 08:15:00 PM »
^Copper, where is Cantina Laredo located?

We always go to Cakes n' Cream for dessert.

Everytime we go to Branson we always try to try something new. Last time we ate at a barbeque joint that was really good but I can't remember the name now.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 08:15:49 PM by Coaster »
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 08:36:21 PM »
Cantina Laredo is located in the Branson Landing. You can sit on their patio and watch the water and fire show.

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 08:37:58 PM »
I go to Branson 6 times a year and still have never been to the Landing.  We even stay downtown.
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 08:44:07 PM »
I go to Branson four times a week. I live in Springfield and the only thing my friends want to do is go to SDC, Table Rock Lake Tanger Mall and the Branson Landing. They make fun of the shows; I guess the shows really aren’t for the college aged crowd.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2008, 10:20:04 PM »
Famous Dave's on the Landing
SWOOSH

haytater

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2008, 09:01:39 PM »
My family loves Farmhouse Kitchen. Then we go to the 5 and dime.

orient express

• Jr. Citizen
  • here's a barrel of laughs hahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2008, 09:57:52 PM »
montana mike's is great. if i remember right its located on 76     i would avoid the pizza buffet at sdc  haha

sdcforever

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2008, 10:04:08 AM »
Avoid:  Uptown Cafe:  We've been there when it wasn't busy around 8 PM and it took forever for our food to arrive.  When it did arrive it was cold.   Steak 'N Shake:  The food has never been very good the times we've been there.  Once during a rush they seated us, then proceeded to inform us that they ran out of forks and spoons!  :-\

Musts:   Cracker Barrel Old Country Store:  Great atmosphere, great food, and great service.  What more do you need?   Landry's Seafood House:  A unique place to eat.  It's a place where you can go in jeans and t-shirts or more formal attire and fit in.  Great food and the service is always wonderful!

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2008, 11:16:06 AM »
Shorty Small's BBQ is really good. We've ate there twice I think.

^We've ate at Landry's before. It was all right, I'm just not that much of a seafood person.

This is outside of Branson but, have you guys ever ate at Lambert's Cafe in Ozark? That place is amazingly good.

haytater

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2008, 02:27:14 PM »
^^ It's funny, my parents and I usually start talking about making the Silver Dollar City trip when we eat at Cracker Barrel (in Oklahoma) because the atmospheres are so similar. My family also always eats at OUTBACK in Branson. It's not the chain, Outback Steakhouse. It's much better than that.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 02:28:58 PM by sonthew »

sdcforever

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2008, 08:30:44 AM »
^Holy Cow!  I completely forgot about the Outback!  That place is definitely a must!  Great food, with an Australian flair.  That was where I ate frog legs and alligator tail for the first time.

^^I've eaten at Lambert's three or four times.  Home of the throwed rolls!  ;D  It is amazingly good, and very filling.  They come around with all of the sides, so you're practically full before your food even arrives.  The only place I've eaten where they walk around with a vat of sorghum molasses.  It's a must as well. 

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2008, 12:55:21 PM »
^Yeah I've felt the exact same way. I've only finished one of my meals there because I was so full from rolls, fried potatoes, and sorghum.

For those of you that haven't ate there before beware, there is ALWAYS a long wait. Especially on Sunday after the James River Assembly church service gets out.

adairmd

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2008, 01:05:56 PM »
I went there on the 18th for the first time.  It sure won't be the last.  We got there early enought that we only had to wait around 5 minutes.  Yes, before James River gets out.  When we were leaving, there were people waiting outside, a lot of people.  It would have been worth the wait though.