Author Topic: Branson Food  (Read 37987 times)

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Branson Food
« Reply #75 on: July 06, 2010, 07:18:31 AM »

When shopping Panera Bread behind the Moon River theater is a great option for lunch.
I eat so much friend food while in Branson it helps me to feel like I am doing something a little healthier for 1 meal at least.
Great take out snacks for the evening at the hotel as well.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 06, 2010, 10:43:58 AM »
Bread Co. is good, but often crowded when I have been there obviously because of the good food! I like going there because I almost always have some sort of gift card for St. Louis Bread/ Panera Co.

DalesDaMan3

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 17, 2010, 12:40:11 PM »
Anyone know anything about Chesters moving?

betamike

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • Silver Dollar City Photo Group on Flickr
« Reply #78 on: July 17, 2010, 05:55:23 PM »
In its heyday, the Paradise Grille on Shep. Hills Expwy was THE place to eat.  I remember all the cool lighting and the food was very trendy.  Lots of show folk from the strip would frequent there.  I don't think it's much count now.
You've Got A Great Past Just Ahead Of You!

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 17, 2010, 06:27:51 PM »
We used to go to Billy Gails for breakfast all the time. It is off of hwy 265 and has been voted best breakfast in the 417. It is in an old gas station/ log cabin, and offers the standards for breakfast at a good price. I usually get the pancakes (which are the largest pancakes I have seen). It gets crowded so arrive early!

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 18, 2010, 06:51:00 PM »
Anyone know anything about Chesters moving?

Chester's moved to the strip center across from Branson Mall; it's in the space where Penny Gilley had her restaurant.  The menu is not as extensive as it was but still has a lot of the favorites. 

DalesDaMan3

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 18, 2010, 10:56:10 PM »
^I noticed that they weren't serving breakfast anymore. I loved their breakfast, especially the pile-ups! I called them to find out what the deal was. The owner told me that the landlord at the old building, wanted the building back, to open his own restaurant. I asked about breakfast, and he told me, that they just didn't have a big enough flat top for it right now. He said that they would like to get a bigger flat top some day, and bring breakfast back!

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 31, 2010, 05:31:36 PM »
When on the landing and suffering through the heat of the day the wife and I decided to stop in Old Chicago Pizza and Pasta for a quick look at the menu. We stumbled upon the 110 brews and started our World Beers Tour. Great place that provided a nice cool place to sit, and boy did the pizza smell good. We didn't actually try the food, just the drinks! Talk about a good meal.

http://www.oldchicago.com/Branson
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 05:32:24 PM by rubedugans »

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 01, 2010, 07:41:35 AM »
I wish I could put a Harvey Water Clock outside the front door of what was Uncle Joe's BBQ and take you all back to 1978! Uncle Joe's was known far and wide as having some of the best BBQ in the region. Those smoky, beef ribs were something else. I think Success "did the place in" and the business was sold several times, with the quality of the food dropping with each sale of the business. I raved about the place, and then took my wife to it in the late 90's, and we both were disappointed. Last I saw, it was a Mexican food place. (It was located in a little strip mall just down from Baldknobbers headed to downtown) Used to have a few arts and crafts shops around it, as well as a miniature golf place(That was fun, too.)
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #84 on: August 01, 2010, 09:26:01 AM »
Did someone say BBQ?!  ;D

I wish I could have tried some of Uncle Joe's BBQ. It's a shame it’s not still open today since I do enjoy some genuine Ozark BBQ. Don’t get my wrong though. Mexican food is great, but I don’t drive all the way to Branson for Mexican food.  :)

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 06, 2010, 10:42:56 AM »
I read a lot about the cracker barrel and the atmosphere similarities between it and SDC. That's funny. I went to the one in Oklahoma City last week in anticipation of my upcoming trip to Branson this Friday. It was awesome. Especially the chicken and dumplings. Dang y'all, I'm starving now.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #86 on: October 06, 2010, 10:53:16 AM »
Cracker Barrel is definitely reminiscent of Silver Dollar City. Just that wooden smell that greets you as soon as you walk through the front doors of the restaurant takes me back every time. ;D

Of course Cracker Barrel has the country store up front. For me, walking through the country store is akin to walking through the Hospitality House before I enter the main area of Silver Dollar City.  :)

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 06, 2010, 06:42:40 PM »
I LOVE the chicken and dumplings at Cracker Barrel. That's usually what I get when I actually go there.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 06, 2010, 10:59:17 PM »
Ohhhhh man.....I have not strayed from this one once in the 10 years I have been going there. Yes with food (and only with food) I am quite predictable.

Cracker Barrel Sampler
A hearty sampling of our Chicken n' Dumplins, Meatloaf and Country Ham,

Corn Muffins

Sides: Breaded Fried Okra, Green Beans, Hashbrown Casserole

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 07, 2010, 10:20:41 AM »
Rube, you're killin' me.  I've been eating TV dinners all week, trying to save up for my trip. I'm just a-wastin' away while yall talk about those tasty chicken and dumplings. Somehow the 88 cent Banquet Patty melt meal cannot quite compare.