Author Topic: Branson Food  (Read 37956 times)

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Branson Food
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2008, 01:28:43 PM »
^We have gotten there before and there has been a 3 hour wait. We didn't wait. Three hours would've been way too long. If it is under an hour we usually walk over to the antique store and Osceola Cheese for something to do while we are waiting.

Where is the Outback at?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 01:29:49 PM by Coaster »
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

haytater

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2008, 04:57:49 PM »
http://www.outbackbranson.com/contact.htm

They've got great steak. Lamberts also has amazing cinnamon rolls.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2008, 05:09:57 PM »
^We'll have to try that out next time we're down there.

Lambert's has cinammon rolls?  ???

haytater

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2008, 09:47:52 PM »
^ Yes and you should really get one. Even if you can't eat it then, take one for the road. I think you can even purchase a package of them.

sdcforever

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2008, 09:25:49 AM »
^^I have to agree.  Lambert's has great cinnamon rolls.  We took one for the road and also bought a package of them to take home.

betamike

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • Silver Dollar City Photo Group on Flickr
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2008, 06:58:09 PM »
Famous Dave's is hands down the best BBQ.  Shorty Smalls wasn't as good as I remember when I lived there.
You've Got A Great Past Just Ahead Of You!

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2008, 08:17:04 PM »
^Once you go back to Branson you should try Shorty Small's again.

Famous Dave's is very good, although we've never went to the one in Branson but it is a franchise. If your really hungry and you have like four people you can order this huge thing called the "All American BBQ Feast." It is HUGE and they serve it in a trash can lid. Believe me you won't go hungry. We had three guys and I don't think we got it all down.

http://www.famousdaves.com/menuCategories/index.cfm?fuseaction=menuCategoryDetail&menuCategoryID=10&LocationID=

sdcforever

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2008, 10:11:45 AM »
^^Shorty Small's is really good.  I forgot about it; we used to eat there all the time.

^A trash can lid?!?   :D  That's probably the most unique form of dishware I've ever heard of!  What's it like eating out of a trash can lid?

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2008, 09:11:53 AM »
^It is fun! It makes things more interesting. You feel so bloated after eating the meal though.  ::)

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2008, 11:22:12 AM »
Well, my family is very frugal, so we typically eat at Taco Bell while in Branson. But sometimes we'll plan for one nice dinner while there, and it's usually at Cracker Barrel or Outback.

My friends and I were going to eat at Golden Corral last year, but after walking in and seeing the prices, we walked right back out and went to Cracker Barrel.

~ "Becky" Joy ~

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2008, 02:28:46 AM »
f you are looking for BBQ in Branson than you really need to try this place.  It has great food.  It is next to Fall Creek Inn

Danna's BBQ & Burger Shop
963 State Hwy 165
Branson, Missouri 65616
Phone: (417) 337-5527
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2008, 12:43:33 AM »
I like Danna's (usually get the catfish platter and save the hot buttered roll for dessert), and have been to all of the afore mentioned places.  They're all good. 

Have any of you been to the Devil's Pool Restaurant at Big Cedar Lodge?  Atmosphere out the wazzoo.  Look out over the lake.  And Big Cedar Resort is just gorgeous.  And the food is absolutely wonderful.  It's in the $15-$25 price range, a little higher than average for Branson (well, maybe about the same as Landry's), but it's definitely worth it at least once just for the experience. 

The only place in the area that I've had better food is a little place called Gaskin's Cabin just out of the north end of Eureka Springs, AR.  I haven't eaten there in a very long time, so I don't even know if it's still there, but the wife and I had prime rib there that literally melts in your mouth.  Never had better, anywhere in the country.  The chef even came out and talked to us for awhile.  It turned out that he had been the chef at the White House (yes, that White House) for quite a number of years and decided to move to a place where the pace of life was a little slower, ending up in Eureka Springs.
"Why do they call them Wild Women?"

betamike

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • Silver Dollar City Photo Group on Flickr
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2008, 08:48:52 AM »
Gaskins is still there, I remember eating there once a while back in high school with my parents as we lived not "too" far from Eureka Springs.  I can't speak for the food currently though as it might have changed hands.  Eureka Springs is another great place to visit though, good suggestion Zephon!
You've Got A Great Past Just Ahead Of You!

sdcforever

« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2008, 09:39:22 AM »
^^Gaskin's Cabin Steakhouse is great, and is still there like you said, betamike.  I also really enjoy eating at the Bavarian Inn Restaurant--great Czech-German food and fine German beer is served there! :)  Also a great place to eat in Eureka Springs is the Crystal Dining Room at the 1886 Crescent Hotel; of course the Crescent has an interesting history as well.  I love Eureka Springs.  When we'd go we'd stay the night a couple of times at the Bavarian Inn, which isn't bad.  But most of the time we'd stay in a cabin at the Tall Pines Inn, which is wonderful!

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2008, 01:22:38 PM »
A few years ago, the chef at SDC (Was it chef Zader?) was becoming an icon of the park.  Is he still around?  Is there a new chef?  Will this person play an active part in the Culinary & Crafts building?
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating