Author Topic: Future SDC Development Speculation (Long-term)  (Read 157275 times)

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: to merge
« Reply #165 on: June 16, 2016, 06:36:28 PM »
I'm still curious how this pertains to 2017 attraction discussion
If people want to talk about it let them.
Humphrey is wrong in so many ways.shave hit the nail on the head.
If you want me to stay on topic here is my speculation: the ptb will continue to ignore American plunge and fith while refusing to advertise or upgrade flooded mine. You and others will continue to pretend to know what is going on with the new ride and one of your guesses will be right so you can say I told you so. I will stop buying season passes if the above is true, which it is.
Small wonder our lives have so little of God in them, when we come in touch with so little that God has made.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #166 on: June 16, 2016, 06:39:34 PM »
 ::)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 08:43:52 PM by Swoosh »
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: Future SDC Development Speculation (Long-term)
« Reply #167 on: June 16, 2016, 07:21:58 PM »
I've moved posts about FM to this thread.

It's fine to veer off course every once in awhile on these speculation threads, at least as long as it's tangentially related to the topic at hand. The speculation of FM being taken out/replaced/redone does go hand in hand with other rumors about re-doing this area of the park. It's all rumor though.

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 16, 2016, 08:29:45 PM »
FYI: FITH won't be 50 until 2022, and FM in 2018. The Frisco quietly celebrated it's 50th a couple years ago, with ribbons handed out for a few days. So, BOTH have time for some tlc before their ACTUAL 50ths~
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 16, 2016, 09:06:02 PM »
Small wonder our lives have so little of God in them, when we come in touch with so little that God has made.

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 16, 2016, 10:39:00 PM »
How do you know those rides don't sell tickets? On your earlier post about the demographics of who like or don't like...what data do you have to prove that. Do you know all teens and their opinions of the ride? Do you know all older who haven't been dragged on by a SDC fan or kid? I have sons and family members who fit in the demo that you state don't like the ride or find it dull and that is not the case at all for them. It is still one of their favorite rides...SDC is still a family park and it is important that they have family rides. Not all that is in the park has to be frilly and thrilly. I agree it may need to be updated, I'm happy with it as it is, but is a ride that needs to remain.
The day SDC loses it's theming and becomes nothing more than a Six Flags will be the day that they won't be selling me tickets. Hopefully it never gets to that point.
:)

Completely agree with you....I'd want any refurb to be family friendly and not a Six Flag knock off....keep it a magical mix between new ride tech and SDC theming/charm.

I have no insider knowledge....just my observations and assumption.....not going to pretend they are accurate.  I haven't heard anyone I know say...."I've got my seasons passes to ride FM next year!"......"I can't wait to ride FM today" (except my son).....I'm assuming that if FM isn't open at the rope drop....no one is that upset....they just wait for later.  Even when the guns aren't working (which happens)....I doubt anyone going to management asking for their money back. 

Btw....my 7yo boys favorite ride is FM...it's one of the very few rides that my wife can ride with the kids (she doesn't do spinning or thrill rides).  I don't want to loose it.....I want is upgraded :)
Colorado SDC Fan

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 17, 2016, 06:36:15 AM »
FYI: FITH won't be 50 until 2022, and FM in 2018. The Frisco quietly celebrated it's 50th a couple years ago, with ribbons handed out for a few days. So, BOTH have time for some tlc before their ACTUAL 50ths~

That's what I thought also. I remember riding FITH in its inaugural year. 12 years old and the first time I had ever been to a theme park. I believe the saloon opened the same year too.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 06, 2016, 08:01:37 AM »
I noticed earlier this year that HFE bought Talking Rocks Cavern. It wasnt until yesterday I saw SDC and Talking Rocks Cavern on a map. It looks like they are about 2 miles away, going straight through the trees. Is there any chance they would ever make their own way of transportation to go from SDC and back? Will they ever expand that far?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 08:28:36 AM by Laroy »

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #173 on: August 06, 2016, 10:56:26 AM »
Talking Rocks has been in the Herschend family for many years.  Maybe they just put in into the corporation, but I haven't heard.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
  • Employed at SDC from 1978 thru 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 07, 2016, 09:11:01 AM »
Talking Rocks was named FAIRY CAVE by original owner/developer Truman Powell, who sold the property to SDC many, many years ago...late 60s or early 70s. They renamed the cave because of a light and sound presentation they developed that covered how caves were formed...thus "talking" rocks. Truman's son is Walker Powell, who this year is100 years old. I saw him at Founders Day and spoke with him. Walker was an original SDC employee who worked at the duplicating lathe for years and years. By the way, Jack's son, Bruce, manages and operates Talking Rocks, and has for several years.
"Abandon ship! Women and Juniors first!"

Injun Joe

• McCoy
    • View Profile
to merge
« Reply #175 on: January 05, 2017, 07:39:31 PM »

This part should remain untouched.   The rest can be changed, imho.  I know it's off topic but it was brought up and someone has to stick up for this beautiful scene (and on ride drop!)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 07:42:13 PM by Injun Joe »

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 05, 2017, 07:44:13 PM »
The only good part, of course. That is why I even went with any name at all. Some say the best and scariest part of any ride is the chain lift hill though.

Injun Joe

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 05, 2017, 07:53:30 PM »
Yeah I'd like the whirlpool scene fixed and the water gag kept too but just don't lose the part pictured.  That's my 2 cents on that.  Oh yeah,  I still call powderkeg Buzzsaw Falls.  Or sometimes Kegbuzz.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 07:55:04 PM by Injun Joe »

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 05, 2017, 10:26:27 PM »
When I was younger, I used to think Lost River of the Ozarks was called, "the round boats." To this day that is what my family and I call it.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 06, 2017, 08:55:11 AM »
It would be a great thing to move the large splash boat from CC over to SDC and revamp the Plunge.  They could keep the look and trees / theming but increase capacity and bring it back to tell a story, have a tangible theme.  Its really needed, the flume is like a fairhaired stepchild.