What color of crayon tastes the best?

Red
Orange
Yellow
Green
Blue
Purple
Other

Author Topic: SDC's 2017 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 217153 times)

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
Re: SDC's 2017 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #675 on: June 14, 2016, 02:13:50 PM »
I was there Sunday. The clearing has gotten larger and you can see a dozen of the marker posts up on top of the hill when you swoop around the bottom turn on TNT. They also added a retainer wall next to the coaster tracks there. They also added a porch/platform thing by the doublewide construction trainer as it seems they are moving stuff in there now.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 02:14:25 PM by sdcfan88 »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #676 on: June 16, 2016, 07:24:39 PM »
Some posts have been moved to the Future SDC Development Speculation (Long-term) thread to keep clarity in this thread's purpose.

The more I think about it, the more I think I might head out there next week to get an update.

mammalone

« Reply #677 on: June 17, 2016, 10:48:33 AM »
Some posts have been moved to the Future SDC Development Speculation (Long-term) thread to keep clarity in this thread's purpose.

The more I think about it, the more I think I might head out there next week to get an update.

I'll be there this weekend at some point as well for an update.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #678 on: June 17, 2016, 12:21:11 PM »
Coaster is definitely been moved to 2018.  It will be a first of its kind.  Next year is all about getting the infrastructure built up to accommodate the huge crowds that will be coming to ride this thing. 

So I guess we should move coaster discussion to a 2018 thread. 

Now let's discuss that new front gate and what all they'll be doing at the renovated Echo Hollow
SWOOSH

sawblade5

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: June 17, 2016, 03:00:05 PM »
Now Swoosh will there be a way for wheelchairs and scooters to get down to stage level or will be dad still be stuck in the nosebleeds with no way to get a scooter down at the Echo Hallow in 07?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: June 17, 2016, 03:11:14 PM »
That I do not know.  I hope that they do some major renovations that will allow for that.  I don't know how they'll be able to achieve that, but that would be nice. 

SWOOSH

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: June 17, 2016, 05:32:43 PM »
I am just wondering how nostalgic they will be on the entrance. Could it be moved to a entirely different area? Or 1 way in And another way out? Looking at google earth it could be feasible to move the entrance next to Browns like they use for overflow now. So many possibilities.

Madtwins

• Jr. Citizen
  • My 3G network
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: June 17, 2016, 06:04:03 PM »
 ;D  ;D oh the sweet smell of crayolas in the morning

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: June 17, 2016, 07:36:34 PM »
I am just wondering how nostalgic they will be on the entrance. Could it be moved to a entirely different area? Or 1 way in And another way out? Looking at google earth it could be feasible to move the entrance next to Browns like they use for overflow now. So many possibilities.

I don't know how true the rumor is - but they described it looking like a Bass Pro Shop.  That makes me very nervous
SWOOSH

t-n-t

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: June 17, 2016, 10:27:17 PM »
Doesn't the entrance wrap around to Brown's during Christmas time?

mammalone

« Reply #685 on: June 17, 2016, 10:58:02 PM »

I don't know how true the rumor is - but they described it looking like a Bass Pro Shop.  That makes me very nervous

I wouldn't be so nervous about that Swoosh. That marriage has been a long time coming. And with BP gearing up to open Wonders of Wildlife National Museum and Aquarium, coordinating makes sense.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: June 17, 2016, 11:29:26 PM »

I wouldn't be so nervous about that Swoosh. That marriage has been a long time coming. And with BP gearing up to open Wonders of Wildlife National Museum and Aquarium, coordinating makes sense.

They've only been gearing up to reopen WOW for what, 15 years now?  lol
SWOOSH

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #687 on: June 18, 2016, 12:31:18 AM »
So are we talking about a complete razing of the front entrance area? That has me worried. I know it has its issues with the crowds but I hope they won't destroy too much of it. Also it has sentimental value with my family as my father worked on that area as a Citizen in the 60's when they built it and a lot of the artwork he did can be found around there. Most notably the Marvel Cave Paintings and other items around the ticket booths.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 12:32:04 AM by sdcfan88 »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: June 18, 2016, 12:52:38 AM »
I'd suggest taking as many photos of the area as you can. 
SWOOSH

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: June 18, 2016, 06:55:36 AM »
I cannot believe they would do any scenario that does not route people past the bakery. But that pathway and the sinkhole is the big bottleneck. Looking at google Earth there are several options. The way in around by Browns, Build a new building replacing and covering the cave tram. Razing the Hospitality House? It will be interesting to see how this plays out.