Author Topic: Future SDC Development Speculation (Long-term)  (Read 160167 times)

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
Re: to merge
« Reply #135 on: June 14, 2016, 09:28:27 PM »
Yeah I hope the idea of FM being replaced by the new coaster station is not happening either. To be honest, I will really hate to see either go even though the latter with the entrance/exit is a disaster waiting to happen.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 09:31:46 PM by sdcfan88 »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #136 on: June 14, 2016, 09:52:45 PM »
Unless the plans have been severely (and I mean SEVERELY) altered then the station won't be anywhere near FM (and by that I mean it'll be across the walkway and over by the EH bathroom). 
SWOOSH

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #137 on: June 14, 2016, 11:01:18 PM »
FWIW I was also hearing that employees have also been intentionally saying misinformation to throw off some of the chatter regarding the construction as they have been getting a few inquiries from the GP who have been seeing it down in the valley. I assume this is to possibly reduce the chance of information leaks of what the actual project entails. So all of this from my post above could be BS considering it seems to be more of the outlandish rumors floating around out there right now. Especially since these comments I read were posted on a big social media platform like Facebook.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 11:20:07 PM by sdcfan88 »

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 15, 2016, 08:44:41 AM »
All rumors.....I don't believe anything....

Closing FM would be a disaster unless they are replacing it a a more modern dark ride.  A disney-like people mover (people eater) with AC/heat would be a great move.  But it's hard to image SDC investing in that AND a coaster.
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

Pudgy Jones

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 15, 2016, 10:10:51 AM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again (in case there's any truth to the rumor and decision-makers are reading this)...you can ride roller coasters at any theme park in the world. You can only ride the Flooded Mine (and Fire in the Hole) at Silver Dollar City. They are sacred and need to remain forever!

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 15, 2016, 10:12:34 AM »
I agree, But if they are not going to maintain them then whats the point ?

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #141 on: June 15, 2016, 10:30:57 AM »

Who says they can't maintain them? As with other things they've done before, I believe they let a lot of things slip so that people start saying things like this. That way they can blow it all down and put in whatever cookie cutter fairground ride in and some people will think it's an improvement.

FM has always been a fantastic ride that will always stand the test of time, not to mention the fact that it offers a rare true family ride experience and is indoor so it is a refuge from heat and weather. It's such a tremendous asset, and I am still very pessimistic that anything new will even come close to being as good as it is. I still notice details I haven't noticed before on just about every ride. It's just about the last piece of classic SDC that's been left mostly untouched.

But yes, the signs are growing that they want to take it out. Not that they need to, but they want to. It would be weird to do it at the same time as building a new coaster across the street though...

Madtwins

• Jr. Citizen
  • My 3G network
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 15, 2016, 11:52:27 AM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again (in case there's any truth to the rumor and decision-makers are reading this)...you can ride roller coasters at any theme park in the world. You can only ride the Flooded Mine (and Fire in the Hole) at Silver Dollar City. They are sacred and need to remain forever!

Yes yes yes

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 15, 2016, 12:02:07 PM »

Who says they can't maintain them? As with other things they've done before, I believe they let a lot of things slip so that people start saying things like this. That way they can blow it all down and put in whatever cookie cutter fairground ride in and some people will think it's an improvement.

FM has always been a fantastic ride that will always stand the test of time, not to mention the fact that it offers a rare true family ride experience and is indoor so it is a refuge from heat and weather. It's such a tremendous asset, and I am still very pessimistic that anything new will even come close to being as good as it is. I still notice details I haven't noticed before on just about every ride. It's just about the last piece of classic SDC that's been left mostly untouched.

But yes, the signs are growing that they want to take it out. Not that they need to, but they want to. It would be weird to do it at the same time as building a new coaster across the street though...

What's weird is that MORE effects are working this year then last.  Yet we have people complaining. 
SWOOSH

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 15, 2016, 01:05:50 PM »

I am not saying can they maintain them? I am saying they should maintain them. I have not been there this year but last year FM and FITH had major issues. Over the years major scenes have been allowed to deteriorate or be replaced. Both attractions are unique and I would hate to see them go. But, Fm lost its uniqueness when it went to the shootout concept. If SDC is like any other corporation Maintenance dollars are not as flashy as capital dollars so it is easier to just board a broken feature over than fix it. I would love to see them restore both to the former glory days.

t-n-t

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 15, 2016, 04:42:32 PM »
As much as I love FM, I wouldn't be too sad if they removed it.  It takes up a lot of space and frankfly, just not that exciting.  I get the sentimant by all but I don't know, I think they could really use that space to make something much more fun and exciting.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 15, 2016, 06:22:00 PM »
As much as I love FM, I wouldn't be too sad if they removed it.  It takes up a lot of space and frankfly, just not that exciting.  I get the sentimant by all but I don't know, I think they could really use that space to make something much more fun and exciting.

You shut your dirty mouth right now
SWOOSH

Madtwins

• Jr. Citizen
  • My 3G network
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 15, 2016, 06:41:31 PM »

>:(

Madtwins

• Jr. Citizen
  • My 3G network
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 15, 2016, 07:15:44 PM »
Rides like fm are unique and the things that make sdc awesome

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 15, 2016, 09:01:41 PM »
FM is a classic and one of my family's favorite rides...something that everybody in the family is willing and can ride together. It would be a travesty if it were removed.
Colorado SDC Fan