Author Topic: SDC's 2023 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 5637 times)

sdcfan88

• Blacksmith
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
Re: SDC's 2023 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #75 on: October 26, 2021, 01:10:23 PM »
What are the chances this could be what that construction is for behind Fireman's Landing? Think Mystery Mine but with FITH's theme.

https://amusementtoday.com/2021/10/gerstlauer-to-build-one-of-a-kind-infinity-roller-coaster-in-the-united-states/
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 01:11:57 PM by sdcfan88 »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #76 on: October 26, 2021, 03:20:41 PM »
I would think the chances are basically nil if they are really rebuilding anything similar to FITH. The RMC powered coaster prototype rumor seems most logically sound.

Plus it would be an odd choice after Time Traveler, especially with two other looping coasters in the park already. They don't need anymore inverting coasters unless it is something unique like a flyer or an invert or something. The park is in far more need of good family coasters. Plural.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 26, 2021, 03:24:37 PM »
I would think the chances are basically nil if they are really rebuilding anything similar to FITH. The RMC powered coaster prototype rumor seems most logically sound.

Plus it would be an odd choice after Time Traveler, especially with two other looping coasters in the park already. They don't need anymore inverting coasters unless it is something unique like a flyer or an invert or something. The park is in far more need of good family coasters. Plural.

Agree, they need a tightly woven mess of noniverting Intamin fun.
« Last Edit: Today at 07:49:40 AM by chittlins »

sdcfan88

• Blacksmith
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #78 on: Today at 12:54:14 AM »
I was merely going by the logic looking at the parks recent track record. They could have simply rebuilt Lost River as it was with a new layout but they went for the attention getting tallest/wettest/longest by adding a high thrill element with that tower and drop feature on MRF. I have a feeling the FITH rebuild will follow this same pattern.

I would love to be wrong on this one tho.
« Last Edit: Today at 12:57:51 AM by sdcfan88 »

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: Today at 11:07:22 AM »
^ If they change anything I would hope they would go with animatronics.  Nothing too scary for kids but it would be nice to see the Baldknobbers move like the Pirates of the Caribbean.
I'm Your Huckleberry