Author Topic: SDC’s 2022 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 62178 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: SDC’s 2022 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2021, 10:00:46 PM »
It’s not outdated
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2021, 02:04:50 PM »
So I didn't make it on the train, but I did drive back and forth by the maintenance entrance and I didn't see any obvious construction as discussed on screamscape. There is a big maintenance yard there with a bunch of stuff being stored, and there's an area behind the maintenance yard where they've been adding fill dirt from various construction projects (mainly MRF), but no clearing that I could see in the area we expect FITH to be moved to. Trees still standing.

Should have ridden firfall to get a better idea, but obviously you can't control which side you ride on and the line was long.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2021, 08:16:39 PM »
They’re seeing the future M&C parking lot. IDK why they are getting so excited about full dirt
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2021, 08:58:18 AM »
I'm still curious if we'll see any signs for FITH's rumored demise this year. You'd think they would make an announcement of some sort by summer/early fall if they are indeed tearing it down/rebuilding it.

So far, there still don't appear to be any obvious signs at either FITH or the rumored new location.

Given the sharp rebound in tourism and the zeal at which HFEC is still pursuing investments, I think there's a chance any big plans for 2022/23 are back on track. Given their usual pace, starting this fall means it would still be 2023 before the new FITH would open at the earliest, if they are still doing that.

I'm just feeling way more bullish on things than I was even a few months ago. I'm excited to see the evolution of the park continue. Let's just hope they don't try any more "world's biggests/firsts" on this project and focus on reliability and throughput.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2021, 01:57:53 PM »
I was just thinking about this recently. I believe we have a good chance of seeing a new ride open in 2023. In order to do this, they will indeed have to start this fall, whether we see construction or not. Fall to winter is a great time to start anyway, especially because the cold weather starts coming in after having fun on the water rides all summer. I don't want them to break anyone's plans for riding any ride one last time, especially a water ride. Starting over the off-season is cool too, but it doesn't give them as much time.

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2021, 04:28:38 PM »
I'm still curious if we'll see any signs for FITH's rumored demise this year. You'd think they would make an announcement of some sort by summer/early fall if they are indeed tearing it down/rebuilding it.

So far, there still don't appear to be any obvious signs at either FITH or the rumored new location.

Given the sharp rebound in tourism and the zeal at which HFEC is still pursuing investments, I think there's a chance any big plans for 2022/23 are back on track. Given their usual pace, starting this fall means it would still be 2023 before the new FITH would open at the earliest, if they are still doing that.

I'm just feeling way more bullish on things than I was even a few months ago. I'm excited to see the evolution of the park continue. Let's just hope they don't try any more "world's biggests/firsts" on this project and focus on reliability and throughput.

Amen!  Keep it a coaster that families can ride!  My kids love of coasters came about directly from riding FITH.  And keep the Baldknobbers theme.  This and the flooded mine are probably the most iconic rides at the City.  Well those and the Frisco Silver Dollar Line.
I'm Your Huckleberry

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2021, 07:56:20 PM »

Amen!  Keep it a coaster that families can ride!  My kids love of coasters came about directly from riding FITH.  And keep the Baldknobbers theme.  This and the flooded mine are probably the most iconic rides at the City.  Well those and the Frisco Silver Dollar Line.

Well you can guarantee that the Baldknobbers theme is toast with the new version.  The new people in charge of the company don’t get it.  They think they’re the same as clan members.  The media portray them as clan members too because the young ankle biters that call themselves journalists have no idea what a Baldknobber is. 

You can expect a drop track and a backwards section.  And don’t forget all coasters at SDC are considered family coasters
SWOOSH

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2021, 09:31:23 PM »
And don’t forget all coasters at SDC are considered family coasters

Well... unless anyone in your family has a BMI over 25, according to recent reports of belt-tightening. ;)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2021, 09:02:15 PM »
And don’t forget all coasters at SDC are considered family coasters

Well... unless anyone in your family has a BMI over 25, according to recent reports of belt-tightening. ;)

Belts will naturally shrink when exposed to the elements over time. 
I haven’t noticed any issues, but I’m far from overweight
SWOOSH

SDC#1fan

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2021, 10:17:05 PM »
What are the chances this is the new Gerstlauer coaster that’s been announced?
Look dad a bear! (colton pointing to a Cow)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2021, 03:49:37 PM »
Hmmm, wouldn't seem likely, but I haven't seen any of the recent additions coming so who really knows. I can't imagine the classics lasting much longer in their current conditions though, so it's hard to see them getting away from the process of replacement that they kicked off with the LR/MR transformation. A family coaster (new FITH) is needed so much more than another thrill coaster. I assume the new gerstlauer is for Cedar Point or King's Dominion. Seems like a CF purchase since SF is trying to spread the wealth and focus on smaller rides at each park in general.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2021, 10:09:10 PM »
Hmmm, wouldn't seem likely, but I haven't seen any of the recent additions coming so who really knows. I can't imagine the classics lasting much longer in their current conditions though, so it's hard to see them getting away from the process of replacement that they kicked off with the LR/MR transformation. A family coaster (new FITH) is needed so much more than another thrill coaster. I assume the new gerstlauer is for Cedar Point or King's Dominion. Seems like a CF purchase since SF is trying to spread the wealth and focus on smaller rides at each park in general.

Kings Dominion literally has Tiki Twirl (S&S 4D Free-spin) sitting in the parking lot waiting to be installed.  Doubt it is going there.
SWOOSH

msu24

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2021, 07:58:07 PM »
Hello Everyone. SDC has seems to be somewhat limited with expanding the park outwards in any direction. AP takes up alot of space and in my opinion it would be a great area for the park to revamp and add in a few new attractions. I have always had the idea and think it would be beneficial for the park to remove AP and use that whole area in between WF and PK. They could easily place a new dark ride/attraction to take place of FITH in this area and could place it behind the waterfall for the restaurant so nobody would have to see a big ugly building. They could then fit in a smaller rollercoaster (Something like Dragon Flyer at Dollywood) which guests of all ages would enjoy. I believe there would still be enough room for a new log flume that would be more compact and themed. Maybe even a couple fun flat rides in there as well.
This is just an idea of mine and what I believe would be a cool new area for the park. I would love to hear any of your ideas!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 06:09:05 PM by pfranke03 »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2021, 08:54:12 PM »
file:///Users/paxtonfranke/Desktop/Screen%20Shot%202021-04-27%20at%207.36.40%20PM.png

Hello Everyone. SDC has seems to be somewhat limited with expanding the park outwards in any direction. AP takes up alot of space and in my opinion it would be a great area for the park to revamp and add in a few new attractions. I have always had the idea and think it would be beneficial for the park to remove AP and use that whole area in between WF and PK. They could easily place a new dark ride/attraction to take place of FITH in this area and could place it behind the waterfall for the restaurant so nobody would have to see a big ugly building. They could then fit in a smaller rollercoaster (Something like Dragon Flyer at Dollywood) which guests of all ages would enjoy. I believe there would still be enough room for a new log flume that would be more compact and themed. Maybe even a couple fun flat rides in there as well.
This is just an idea of mine and what I believe would be a cool new area for the park. I would love to hear any of your ideas!
The link is an areal view of the area so you can get a better idea of what I am describing.

The park is not hurting for space. There are currently 7 plots of land earmarked for future coasters.  They’re good
SWOOSH

msu24

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2021, 09:02:55 PM »
file:///Users/paxtonfranke/Desktop/Screen%20Shot%202021-04-27%20at%207.36.40%20PM.png

The link is an areal view of the area so you can get a better idea of what I am describing.

The park is not hurting for space. There are currently 7 plots of land earmarked for future coasters.  They’re good
Interesting. Where are these areas?