Author Topic: SDC’s 2022 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 61812 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
SDC’s 2022 Project(s) and Park Developments
« on: January 16, 2019, 05:29:59 PM »
This is your official thread to post updates and speculations dealing the 2022 operating season for Silver Dollar City properties in Branson, MO.

Remember to list credits if you post photos that come from a different site and/or are not your own.

Thanks and happy speculating.
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
Re: SDC’s 2022 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 05:33:09 PM »
If current rumors stand, we will see a brand new FITH this season. 
SWOOSH

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2019, 05:55:53 PM »
Please no.  build an additional new ride

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2019, 09:11:21 PM »
So apparently DW has released a survey talking about potential dark rides, which as we all know is a pretty darn good indicator that they will get a dark ride soon. It's also a pretty darn good indicator that SDC will follow suit with a similar ride based upon the experience of creating DW's. https://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1901997#p1901997

This is fabulous news to me. I will hold out hope that our classics aren't completely replaced, but I do like the idea of getting back into large scale indoor rides again after so long. Perhaps it will spur further investment. There are several different options listed, from basic dark rides with guns to flying theaters and even an interactive walkthrough with puzzles (not sure how that would really work in reality). I'll take one modern dark ride with a cool semi-historical theme and a flying theatre on the side please.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2019, 09:34:35 PM »
Something authentic and site-specific would be great.  It doesn't have to be interactive as long as there is a lot to see and ride lasts long enough.  Some of the ideas presented are pretty generic:  that could work for DW more than for SDC, but they could also be adapted for the Ozarks.  Fireflies, wildlife, mining, spelunking, something historical or legendary - I'm on board for being a creative consultant.

Also, I found the word "lead" in there, where the word should have been "led", but that's the teacher/author in me.

And finally, where did the candlelight nativity come in?  One of these things is not like the others.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2019, 09:39:12 PM »
I would still love to see a revival of the Mystery Mine concept SDC was supposed to get years ago that Dollywood ultimately got. Heck they could simply reuse the rejected lost silver mine concept they put out when Time Traveler was being developed.

Or do a ride themed to and complementing Marvel Cave.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 09:41:17 PM by sdcfan88 »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2019, 10:27:27 PM »
The issue I have with a Mystery Mine coming to SDC is that it’ll probably come at the expense of FM and I’m not ready to admit its days are yet
SWOOSH

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2019, 04:00:10 PM »
So apparently DW has released a survey talking about potential dark rides, which as we all know is a pretty darn good indicator that they will get a dark ride soon. It's also a pretty darn good indicator that SDC will follow suit with a similar ride based upon the experience of creating DW's. https://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1901997#p1901997

I'm still waiting for our SDC version of Mystery Mine, Wild Eagle, Firechaser Express and several of their other recent additions.  Until we get them, I don't hold out any hope of this being any indication of what's coming to SDC.  :-)
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2019, 04:18:10 PM »
We still need our B&M Dive Coaster, unless that rumor has now been completely shelved.

Jay

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2019, 04:47:43 PM »
We still need our B&M Dive Coaster, unless that rumor has now been completely shelved.

Jay

Speculation is that B&M rumor started with the maintenance team and was born out of wishful thinking.  They love Wildfire because it “behaves” whereas they think Powder Keg, Outlaw Run and Time Traveler are all “needy b****es”

Keep an eye on that Mining Darkride shooter concept.  It could be our replacement for FM in the not so distant future
SWOOSH

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2019, 06:23:34 PM »
It'll be a sad day when FITH is replaced with a new version. I know that they are not taking care of it the way it needs to be and is a shell of its former self, but it is still an original SDC classic. I'll just have to come to grips over the next few years that this could be happening.

Other indoor dark rides I would love to see is the old Ice House concept and a dark ride themed around Marvel Cave, as others have mentioned.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

MCLFLN

• Jr. Citizen
  • Going since 1978
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2019, 07:41:28 PM »
I like the idea of a heavily themed marvel cave ride...

Done right, they could make it really look and feel like it is an unexplored section of the real cave...

It'll be a sad day when FITH is replaced with a new version. I know that they are not taking care of it the way it needs to be and is a shell of its former self, but it is still an original SDC classic. I'll just have to come to grips over the next few years that this could be happening.

Other indoor dark rides I would love to see is the old Ice House concept and a dark ride themed around Marvel Cave, as others have mentioned.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2021, 11:22:37 AM »
Screamscape reports there is some clearing and digging visible from the road going past SDC. Lance assumes this is for a new attraction, but based on what we know I'd assume it is infrastructure work, possibly to continue setting up the new festival area, or maybe indeed connected to something being added in the future.

At this point I'm expecting them to hold off on what they had planned to start this year, so whatever was planned for 2022 won't open until 2023 at the earliest.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2021, 08:36:44 PM »
Bless his heart.  That’s for future M&C parking. 
SWOOSH

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2021, 06:08:05 PM »
Even if its outdated info, just for fun if they were to move FITH and integrate it into Fireman's Landing here's a general idea on how it would look in that plot of land back behind there.