Author Topic: SDC’s 2022 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 61813 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: SDC’s 2022 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2021, 07:52:52 PM »
file:///Users/paxtonfranke/Desktop/Screen%20Shot%202021-04-27%20at%207.36.40%20PM.png

Hello Everyone. SDC has seems to be somewhat limited with expanding the park outwards in any direction. AP takes up alot of space and in my opinion it would be a great area for the park to revamp and add in a few new attractions. I have always had the idea and think it would be beneficial for the park to remove AP and use that whole area in between WF and PK. They could easily place a new dark ride/attraction to take place of FITH in this area and could place it behind the waterfall for the restaurant so nobody would have to see a big ugly building. They could then fit in a smaller rollercoaster (Something like Dragon Flyer at Dollywood) which guests of all ages would enjoy. I believe there would still be enough room for a new log flume that would be more compact and themed. Maybe even a couple fun flat rides in there as well.
This is just an idea of mine and what I believe would be a cool new area for the park. I would love to hear any of your ideas!
The link is an areal view of the area so you can get a better idea of what I am describing.

The park is not hurting for space. There are currently 7 plots of land earmarked for future coasters.  They’re good
Interesting. Where are these areas?

If you look at Google Earth most are pretty obvious. 
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2021, 01:06:28 PM »
file:///Users/paxtonfranke/Desktop/Screen%20Shot%202021-04-27%20at%207.36.40%20PM.png

Hello Everyone. SDC has seems to be somewhat limited with expanding the park outwards in any direction. AP takes up alot of space and in my opinion it would be a great area for the park to revamp and add in a few new attractions. I have always had the idea and think it would be beneficial for the park to remove AP and use that whole area in between WF and PK. They could easily place a new dark ride/attraction to take place of FITH in this area and could place it behind the waterfall for the restaurant so nobody would have to see a big ugly building. They could then fit in a smaller rollercoaster (Something like Dragon Flyer at Dollywood) which guests of all ages would enjoy. I believe there would still be enough room for a new log flume that would be more compact and themed. Maybe even a couple fun flat rides in there as well.
This is just an idea of mine and what I believe would be a cool new area for the park. I would love to hear any of your ideas!
The link is an areal view of the area so you can get a better idea of what I am describing.

Interesting ideas! You may want to try attaching the image though, since the link you provided is a local link to your desktop. If you hit "Attachments and other options" below the post box, there is a little box to add attachment files that will show up under the post.

SDC has certainly added rides in some unexpected places, so they are no strangers to analyzing their space. Time Traveler being the main example. I don't think anyone saw that coming when the park theoretically had several other available options. We know they are eventually going to add on behind Fireman's Landing since they added the pathway around the lake and that is about the only large flat unused space left. There's also plenty to reclaim inside the existing park boundaries though. I expect Tom Sawyers/Midtown/Riverblast will get re-done at some point along the line, as well as the Flooded Mine location, AP as you've mentioned, and the current area where FITH is. Plus there's more land around the entrance if they can dodge the cave properly.

Still, I think the issue of crowds is over bearing for the park more than anything, so I expect the rumored new train station and a rehash of the entrance area to take priority over the next five years. The FITH project has been rumored to be guided by their desire to fit in a new train station, as Swoosh has mentioned before.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2021, 06:28:46 PM »
New fences are up  ;D
I’ll let you debate on where they are before I post the photo
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2021, 08:30:05 PM »
SWOOSH

SDC#1fan

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2021, 12:27:18 AM »
I mean this would fit in with the Gerstlauer rumor. It’s being built in a challenging location, it’s a park that would build a one of a kind attraction, and there was always the rumor sdc would get a euro fighter after Dollywood and that it might use the old waterbogin tower.
Look dad a bear! (colton pointing to a Cow)

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2021, 02:14:11 AM »
I mean this would fit in with the Gerstlauer rumor. It’s being built in a challenging location, it’s a park that would build a one of a kind attraction, and there was always the rumor sdc would get a euro fighter after Dollywood and that it might use the old waterbogin tower.

I have always said this would be perfect. The skeleton of the Waterboggan Tower is metal so they could simply strip it down to the frame removing all the old wood and then rebuild around it and reuse the tower as a dark ride element for a small coaster.

Mystery Mine

Waterboggan Tower

« Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 02:22:46 AM by sdcfan88 »

pintrader

« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2021, 07:59:05 AM »
The rumors and speculation have been toward a new FITH or possibly FM.  The old Waterboggan tower may or may not be used and this might finally be a reason to remove it.  It was a good place to hang a few Christmas lights during OTC  :)

It could very well be a coaster but it seems like in the past they have given the city more of a buffer and put them more on the outer edges.   

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2021, 08:56:18 AM »
Or maybe they are just adding ziplines, lol.

I still want us to get our version of Firechaser, but I don't want it to be considered the new FITH. Unfortunately, that's a strong possibility.

If I had to guess, I'd say they were working on more enhancements for this area to add festival improvements and future connections to additions in the back area. Starting now could be an indication that they want to get something done before the busy Fall/Christmas season. Will we get the second tree setup back there this year?

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2021, 10:42:03 AM »
^ You may be right but why would they need a privacy fence for that?  I agree they would need to put a safety fence up to keep visitors away from any construction but if it's not some kind of ride why the need for a privacy fence?  Of course they may have just had extra slats and put them to use LOL
I'm Your Huckleberry

pintrader

« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2021, 11:06:15 AM »
Starting now could be an indication that they want to get something done before the busy Fall/Christmas season. Will we get the second tree setup back there this year?

I think they are going to put the old Christmas tree on top of the tower and call it the highest Christmas tree in the Western Hemisphere (Well Branson Maybe)  ::)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2021, 01:33:19 PM »
^ You may be right but why would they need a privacy fence for that?  I agree they would need to put a safety fence up to keep visitors away from any construction but if it's not some kind of ride why the need for a privacy fence?  Of course they may have just had extra slats and put them to use LOL

They use a "privacy" fence for all construction and BOH activity. They still try to retain at least a little magic sometimes, lol.

I wonder if the park got some kind of notice about the old waterboggin tower? While the structure is steel, the upper house may have fallen into disrepair. I know it holds a lot of communication equipment, but it's also a giant bat house! I wonder if they found it necessary to finally take it down.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2021, 06:53:40 PM »

They use a "privacy" fence for all construction and BOH activity. They still try to retain at least a little magic sometimes, lol.

I wonder if the park got some kind of notice about the old waterboggin tower? While the structure is steel, the upper house may have fallen into disrepair. I know it holds a lot of communication equipment, but it's also a giant bat house! I wonder if they found it necessary to finally take it down.

Except they didn’t put up a fence to put in the pumpkins pathway so that theory is debunked
SWOOSH

legoerosion

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2021, 09:53:25 AM »
I bet they're going to put more fencing up and around the tower & tracks after this weekend is over. I've always wondered why they haven't taken the old tower down.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2021, 10:43:34 PM »
I bet they're going to put more fencing up and around the tower & tracks after this weekend is over. I've always wondered why they haven't taken the old tower down.

Multiple reasons why it is still up.  The biggest is they didn’t want to spend the money to take it down. 
SWOOSH

MCLFLN

• Jr. Citizen
  • Going since 1978
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2021, 04:48:54 PM »
Is this related to the fence?

https://twitter.com/SDCAttractions/status/1388969302146043904

Multiple reasons why it is still up.  The biggest is they didn’t want to spend the money to take it down.