Author Topic: Festival survey  (Read 280 times)

Lampie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
Festival survey
« on: February 29, 2024, 10:14:13 PM »
Got a survey today with 2 festival options they are looking at to replace street fest.
Most of the questions I got focused on the flower and food fest, then they showed the great America exhibition and asked which one I preferred.

I’m a huge fan of street fest so it going away is rough. I was hoping with it going away they’d bring back world fest. Out of these two I’d prefer the flower and food, but I’d really like something more like street fest or world fest.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
Re: Festival survey
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2024, 08:05:48 AM »
I took the survey as well. Interestingly, my survey was just the opposite. On my survey, there was a heavier focus on the Great American Exhibition, and less focus on the Flower and Food Fest. However, I was not thoroughly excited about either of the two concepts. Perhaps it was due to the way it was presented, but they both seemed somewhat weak to me. I hope whatever they go with I am pleasantly surprised by.  :)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2024, 09:02:30 AM »
They both sound kinda generic. Could do a lot with the Great America Exhibition theme though and it would obviously go over well here. Bluegrass and BBQ already has a heavy American theme to it though...

Food and Flowers seems like a small rip-off of what Epcot currently has going, lol. That's about as generic as SpringFest. People do like both food and flowers though.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2024, 10:05:50 AM »
I assumed that it would be Food & Flower to align with Dollywood.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2024, 05:49:23 PM »
I assumed that it would be Food & Flower to align with Dollywood.

Especially since the photos are from Dollywood.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2024, 07:54:05 AM »
I also received this survey, and mine had a heavier focus on the Great America Exhibition with fewer questions about Flower and Food. I’m not extremely excited about either festival, but Flower and Food is my preference. I would much rather them bring back World Fest than the American festival.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."