Author Topic: Shopping survey  (Read 307 times)

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
Shopping survey
« on: June 24, 2024, 08:21:17 PM »
Just filled out an interesting survey from SDC. This one was focused on shopping.

It began by asking the last time I visited/how much I enjoyed or considered visiting the following destinations:
SDC, Disney Springs, Disneyland, Busch Gardens VA, DCA, Universal FL, Universal City Walk FL, Magic Kingdom, and Hollywood Studios FL.

I found this an interesting grouping of shopping districts/parks to ask about. Then the survey just got more specific to SDC asking what shops I visit, what motivated me to buy something, asking about what is important to me for the retail experience, the last thing I bought, etc. There were also specific questions about what retail experiences I feel are missing and also what could SDC remove without the overall experience declining.

Obviously SDC is looking to make some changes to their shopping and retail experience with this survey. The inclusion of Disney Springs and City Walk make me think that some of their questions were related to the upcoming (likely) SDC resort and shopping options they may or may not include with that resort. The Busch Gardens inclusion in the survey is the most random to me but that’s also the park I’m least familiar with having never visited.

Either way, interesting survey.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: Shopping survey
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2024, 09:51:02 AM »
Interesting. I know retail sales at SDC have probably been slowing down for the past couple decades. Shopping used to be one of the main draws actually - before they started focusing on rides. There are obviously less and less craftsmen like the old days and more and more guests which would make it hard to keep inventory up anyway, so a lot of shops sell more mass-produced items now. The furniture store still has a waiting list though, which I think is pretty wild for a business like that inside a theme park.

Does sound like they maybe thinking of the area around the resort too. A Disney Springs/Branson Landing style area would be awesome. Something like that would basically keep me out of Branson since I usually only go into town for Branson Landing and Crazy Craig's anyway.

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Re: Shopping survey
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2024, 11:49:26 AM »
I got the shopping survey, too. First survey I have received in a long time. When I could type in comments, I mentioned how congested and difficult it was to shop in the Hospitality House and Ozark Marketplace due to all of the people passing through.