Author Topic: Future SDC Development Speculation (Long-term)  (Read 157211 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: Future SDC Development Speculation (Long-term)
« Reply #360 on: June 26, 2020, 11:32:38 PM »
New Doc Harris invention for the Wildfire area? Maybe in that unused outdoor overflow queue
SWOOSH

Lampie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: July 02, 2020, 11:38:02 AM »
I’d love to see a couple of high capacity indoor rides. I think they could do something really fun that would be similar to buzz light year or Men in black, that’s themed either to fireman’s landing where you are putting out fires or to a more generic hunting or gunslinger theme. I’d also love a classic storytelling dark ride.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 02, 2020, 01:36:56 PM »
At this point, I would be happy just to get another indoor attraction, regardless of what it is. If it is themed something like one of these things that were mentioned, that's another plus. I love all these ideas!

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: July 06, 2020, 10:45:38 PM »
New Doc Harris invention for the Wildfire area? Maybe in that unused outdoor overflow queue
Park could use this
https://youtu.be/GPijzXd7BEU

And an  Air Race/Super Air Race

But ...this was the busiest ride last summer at Tivoli and it can easily be a covered ride

https://youtu.be/CeN8BL2r2RE

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #364 on: July 07, 2020, 07:45:47 PM »
They could build a large indoor building there across from Wildfire themed to another of Doc Harris’ workshops and they could house at least 2 rides in there.  I’m thinking the Zamperla Nebulaz and an AirRace. 
SWOOSH

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #365 on: September 25, 2020, 07:02:25 PM »
SDC should take note, IF FITH is slated to go next this would be a worthwhile way to update it with modern tech and do it justice. To me this ride actually kinda combines FITH with TNT. (Though personally I'd still rather this be done for a new dark ride vs replacing something.)
https://rcdb.com/11740.htm

« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 07:08:26 PM by sdcfan88 »

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 25, 2020, 09:42:34 PM »
Pretty cool looking idea it appears to be a powered coaster and although I believe SDC could do a better job of the theming this gets the point across.  I vote for an addition as well not a replacement.  They defiantly need to consider more inside rides. This christmas they may be starved for attractions that can run with reduced shows and shops.  This could be a great addition

blatym

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: July 16, 2021, 02:01:24 PM »
My dream would be to see a large-scale flying coaster either by B&M or Vekoma with multiple "lie" elements incorporated into the ride!!! Could fit into almost any theme in the park and (if it's Vekoma) would most likely have dark ride elements included in the ride! This thing could soar through the woods using the terrain to its advantage and would be an amazing addition to the lineup seeing as they don't have anything that sits under the track! Personally, I could see this being an almost perfect addition to the park and it would draw in a lot of crowds as there wouldn't be anything like it anywhere nearby!

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: July 28, 2021, 03:37:53 PM »
Between the aging FM and FiTH.  The issues they are having with the live shows (both legal and covid related)....it feels like SDC has to invest in either a new indoor attraction....or dump money in the old indoor rides.  If they redo the old rides they would have to be from scratch to get any of the general public to really care.  Which is really not unlike what happened to the raft ride.  So many possible options they could do if a new site/attraction is created.  Really like to see a true family ride with lots of tech.  Soaring like ride in the Ozarks?  FM 2.0 with 3D?
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: July 29, 2021, 12:26:04 AM »
My dream would be spending a tenth of the money a new super-duper-fantastic ride would cost, and bring back SDC Citizens, street shows, and small live acoustic music all over the park.

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: July 29, 2021, 10:09:11 AM »
My dream would be spending a tenth of the money a new super-duper-fantastic ride would cost, and bring back SDC Citizens, street shows, and small live acoustic music all over the park.

Agree 100%.  SDC cannot--and should not--compete with the Disney Empire or such places.  It has its niche, and it should excel using its strengths.  Everybody has sooper-dooper thrill rides; only SDC has its charm.

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: July 29, 2021, 10:49:27 AM »
^^ + 2
I'm Your Huckleberry

cheesehead57

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: July 29, 2021, 12:26:52 PM »
I sree with KB…..bring back more of the old charm.

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: July 29, 2021, 01:24:08 PM »

Agree 100%.  SDC cannot--and should not--compete with the Disney Empire or such places.  It has its niche, and it should excel using its strengths.  Everybody has sooper-dooper thrill rides; only SDC has its charm.

Not surprised by these responses.  Disney hasn't lost all the charm it used to have even with the modern rides because they still do the little things as much as possible.  Parades, street singers, character greets, side and stage shows, etc.

I wasn't saying to get rid of any of the things you mentioned.....or not to add more of it.  They can and should do both.  Many in the younger generation would still enjoy and appreciate what your talking about.....but you also have to know that those things also have limited appeal to the mass public. 

SDC is all about making family memories so you have to have stuff that will draw in everyone.  I would be nice to have a new modern attraction that isn't just another coaster or set of themed flat rides.  I guess the new raft ride is actually a good example of a modern tech family attraction.  Just thinking they need an indoor one next since there needs to be more to do during rain events and during the colder season than what we have in the park today.
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: July 29, 2021, 03:54:51 PM »
Between the aging FM and FiTH.  The issues they are having with the live shows (both legal and covid related)....it feels like SDC has to invest in either a new indoor attraction....or dump money in the old indoor rides.  If they redo the old rides they would have to be from scratch to get any of the general public to really care.  Which is really not unlike what happened to the raft ride.  So many possible options they could do if a new site/attraction is created.  Really like to see a true family ride with lots of tech.  Soaring like ride in the Ozarks?  FM 2.0 with 3D?
They have bigger worries than the aging FM and FITH.  I understand that FITH has been down at times this year, but whenever I have gone it has never been down and unless the park is empty, it usually has a decent to long line.  Flooded Mine never breaks down and my kids love it.
They better be worrying about Powderkeg being down mutliptle times a week, OR being down, Wildfire being down, and that terrible new ride they constantly advertise being down more than it's open. 
Considering they never advertise flooded mine and it barely has a sign and new people have no idea how to even find it, maybe they should invest in some signage and advertising for it to distract people from the other rides not being open and keep people cool.  It's a great ride, it really doesn't need changed other than maybe changing the exit.

I do agree with the others.  Pay people legit money to come be entertaining.  Pay people really good money to come to their crafts or learn crafts.

I'm not against a new indoor ride, so it's not that I totally disagree with you.  I disagree that FITH and FM are problems and need removed/replaced, however, or that rides in general should be the priority.
Small wonder our lives have so little of God in them, when we come in touch with so little that God has made.