Author Topic: Your Attraction Ideas  (Read 283648 times)

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
Re: Your Attraction Ideas
« Reply #720 on: July 21, 2016, 04:32:59 PM »
The simplest thing to do with the WB tower is to make it into a fire watch tower.  Unfortunately, that would take a couple of employees.  I wouldn't even mind if they put a zip line toward FL as an upcharge.  I just think it would be cool to be able to climb up there again.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #721 on: July 21, 2016, 06:25:03 PM »
Personally, I think it is an eyesore and needs to be torn down. 
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: July 21, 2016, 11:12:53 PM »
Do we need another extreme woodie?   If anything after Project 2018, I'd like a FireChaser style coaster to bridge the gap between TNT and the big 3 (soon to be 4)

Just used as an example of tight space fitting , but that's a fun ride that addresses some complaints written here and heard elsewhere,  Woodie with no inversions and it goes backwards like the cars on Thunderation once did. Yes, we know you hate GG but they have several quality smaller woodies under their belt now.

Anyhoo, since this the ideas thread, pretend to not hear Alvey and hears another example of my idea to redo Fire in the Hole while keeping the show aspect updatw with new tech but true to the original up to the bridge where you get this and a new coaster portion with a new splash effect at the end.

https://youtu.be/u99UYZEy4G4
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 11:14:15 PM by chittlins »

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: July 21, 2016, 11:16:39 PM »

likely the best option but the cost of bringing in a crane and crew to do just that is bottom line busting and will imply wait till they can wrap it into an addition budget.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: July 21, 2016, 11:21:38 PM »

likely the best option but the cost of bringing in a crane and crew to do just that is bottom line busting and will imply wait till they can wrap it into an addition budget.

So do it in conjunction with the plaza redo this offseason or with Project2018 as both will require cranes
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: July 21, 2016, 11:26:22 PM »
Yes, we know you hate GG

Actually that's not completely true.  I rode Ravine Flyer II recently and enjoyed it immensely.  I however am not a fan of most of their projects as they do not age well.  Case in point Voyage and Hades360.  I want to try Wooden Warrior in the near future and I imagine I'll get to Switchback in a year or so. 
SWOOSH

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: July 22, 2016, 03:10:54 PM »
When did they remove the WB?  Why did they remove it?  The first time I was there in the early to mid 80's we rode that thing over and over.  I was not back until about 06 or so and it was gone then. 

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: July 22, 2016, 03:54:29 PM »
I was told they removed it because it broke down alot but it was always open when I went, just had 1 hour or longer line with rarely both lanes ever open. They took it to the Dollywood water park. I wonder if it is breaking down for them as much??? I forgot how long ago it was taken out.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: July 22, 2016, 04:27:26 PM »
Hmm, might have to do to Dollywood sometime.  Way back when we rode it they had both lines going and I do not recall the line being that long as we road it over and over again, but that was back in the 80's

Hollwood

« Reply #729 on: July 22, 2016, 04:35:56 PM »
They took it to the Dollywood water park.

I will chime in before Swoosh hands it to you... This is false. The slides were scrapped.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: July 22, 2016, 05:47:21 PM »
^^^
Yes Dollywood had its own version before Sdc's was scrapped.

pintrader

« Reply #731 on: July 22, 2016, 05:48:30 PM »
When did they remove the WB?  Why did they remove it?  The first time I was there in the early to mid 80's we rode that thing over and over.  I was not back until about 06 or so and it was gone then.

I believe the WB was removed after the 2009 season so if you were there in 2006 it would have been there.   I heard there was more and more injuries being reported was why it was shut down.  When you rode it in the 80's it was a smoother ride.  They added things to the ride later on to get you wetter and bounce you around more.  It was really a wonderful ride when it first opened.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 05:52:14 PM by Pintrader »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #732 on: July 22, 2016, 06:00:29 PM »
To be clear: DW and SDC both had nearly identical waterboggin rides installed in the 80's. SDC's version received an "upgrade" around 2003 or so to make it wilder and wetter. This apparently caused a lot of problems and led to its removal. DW's is still the original concept.

It's kind of frustrating to see the tower sit there in limbo since it kind of hurts the ambiance without any purpose, but it's another one of those things that's not worth messing with until they need to.

I don't think the tower will be used per-se for a new attraction, but I could see a family coaster winding around it at some point. Sort of like how the old Adventure Mountain towers are now part of the Firechaser Express theming.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #733 on: July 22, 2016, 06:11:10 PM »
It's kind of frustrating to see the tower sit there in limbo since it kind of hurts the ambiance without any purpose, but it's another one of those things that's not worth messing with until they need to.

No purpose?  They hang all those red and white lights on it for Christmas.  I know that's seasonal, but it was seasonal in the first place, albeit the opposite season.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: July 22, 2016, 09:42:54 PM »
It would be nice if they would put the WB back in and restore it to the original. I know the space is now FL but surely they could find another direction to reroute the slides. The WB was one of our favorite rides at SDC.
Colorado SDC Fan