Author Topic: Your Attraction Ideas  (Read 283638 times)

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Re: Your Attraction Ideas
« Reply #735 on: July 23, 2016, 11:52:59 AM »
It would be nice if they would put the WB back in and restore it to the original. I know the space is now FL but surely they could find another direction to reroute the slides. The WB was one of our favorite rides at SDC.

WB was one of our favorite rides, too, before the "improvements". One of my favorite memories includes my then 80 year old father in law riding it with my husband and me while my mother in law watched in horror. He thought it was great.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: October 24, 2016, 06:49:10 PM »
Too bad Intamin and HFE never do bidness together

https://youtu.be/JGh-PaPb7B4

Between this and Taron at Phantasialand, they are putting out some good stuff

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #737 on: August 01, 2017, 12:40:15 PM »
Would anyone be opposed to an Escape from Pompeii themed Shoot'd Chutes coming to the park?   It could be themed to a sawmill instead. 
SWOOSH

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: August 01, 2017, 01:15:57 PM »
Would anyone be opposed to an Escape from Pompeii themed Shoot'd Chutes coming to the park?   It could be themed to a sawmill instead.

Not at all,But I will refer to a thread I started here a few years ago that I called Escape from the flooded mine. If FM and AP are both on the block I would propose combining them into a single attraction that is a log flume. The theme would be the inmates trying to escape from the mine. Obviously, the splash down would be the culmination of the escape attempt plunging into darkness like Splash Mountain at DW. Ill try to search for the original thread.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: August 01, 2017, 03:21:40 PM »
Well here's my entire plan. 
American Plunge - removed
Falls at Lumber Camp - removed
Lumber Camp Lake - removed

The new show building will be built into the current hill at the back of the Lumber Camp Lake.  The building will more than likely stick above the current height.  The building will be disguised as a hill with faux rock work.  The ride entrance and queue building will be located pretty much where the Wildfire arch is located.  The splash down will be on the north side of the new Lake (I say new because the current one needs work as it is losing water).

-----

As far as what to do for a new log ride?  I have a few possible new locations. 
1. Where kiddie rides are in Grand Expo (that area could then be closed off in Winter)
2. Where Waterboggan was located - themed to Firemans Landing
3. Somewhere in the Homestead Region
SWOOSH

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: August 01, 2017, 04:12:58 PM »
Well here's my entire plan. 
American Plunge - removed
Falls at Lumber Camp - removed
Lumber Camp Lake - removed

The new show building will be built into the current hill at the back of the Lumber Camp Lake.  The building will more than likely stick above the current height.  The building will be disguised as a hill with faux rock work.  The ride entrance and queue building will be located pretty much where the Wildfire arch is located.  The splash down will be on the north side of the new Lake (I say new because the current one needs work as it is losing water).

-----

As far as what to do for a new log ride?  I have a few possible new locations. 
1. Where kiddie rides are in Grand Expo (that area could then be closed off in Winter)
2. Where Waterboggan was located - themed to Firemans Landing
3. Somewhere in the Homestead Region
So the log ride would be entirely different than the flume style ride? Would the flume ride be all indoors untill the final drop?
If they are different, couldnt you just do the log ride where AP now is?
Perhaps Im misunderstanding what youre getting at.
I do think that if they are to revamp a current area the place you are suggesting would be my choice if its within the park. Nothing in the area is iconic, especially with the waterfall being off limits. Would lose a tranquil lunch spot but oh well, burgers are better at wagonworks anyway.
My first choice would be doing things in Grand Expo, as it doesnt feel like SDC and something different could get more traffic there or help it out a little so to speak.
I think the Homestead region needs to be off limits to these types of things. Old waterboggin area jas to be used eventually for somethin.
Id be more interested in the theme.
 I also think AP is such a great theme if done right for a ride like that. Would it be impossible to redo the entire ride, keep the theme (but with different elements, etc of course) or do they feel like they have to re brand it?
Runners idea is great, but it cant be one ride. That would mean re doing the current FM, and thats a no no for me, and probably for the park logistics too as they need all indoor rides and whole family rides.
No reason you cant have two rides with central theme though.
Small wonder our lives have so little of God in them, when we come in touch with so little that God has made.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: August 01, 2017, 04:25:13 PM »
The ride I'm proposing would not be a log flume. 
https://youtu.be/wS4SE0bdo9g
SWOOSH

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #742 on: August 01, 2017, 04:53:37 PM »
^Obviously another CC ride relocation, lol makes sense based on the parks current history. Probably in a new area in or around Fireman's Landing as I don't see that fitting where AP is.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: August 01, 2017, 05:06:17 PM »
Nope. This would be new.  Roaring Falls was sold when CC closed and has since been removed. 
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: August 01, 2017, 07:00:54 PM »
What about a Mack Power Surge?  Coaster and water ride.

https://youtu.be/_jAX_8M5mKo

Theme up and enclose the station and the side of the ride that doesn't splash with one of the spikes in the dark.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: August 01, 2017, 07:26:54 PM »
I'd much rather have it blend into the park - not stand out like a sore thumb.  My suggestion can tell a story.  I'm not sure how a power surge can do that.  Sorry that seems like a Six Flags addition and not a destination park addition
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: August 01, 2017, 07:48:47 PM »
I'd much rather have it blend into the park - not stand out like a sore thumb.  My suggestion can tell a story.  I'm not sure how a power surge can do that.  Sorry that seems like a Six Flags addition and not a destination park addition

That's a fair point but even a disk'o can be jazzed up

https://youtu.be/VqEDS-jVcUc

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: August 01, 2017, 08:30:45 PM »
Yes but what works for parks like that doesn't really work for parks like SDC.  The park has a long history of hiding its attractions from the main midways.  Do you think that's going to change anytime soon?
SWOOSH

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #748 on: August 01, 2017, 09:35:32 PM »

Nope. This would be new.  Roaring Falls was sold when CC closed and has since been removed. 
Huh didn't realize it finally got sold. I thought it was the last thing remaining in the old park. When did it sell?

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #749 on: August 01, 2017, 09:51:51 PM »
The ride I'm proposing would not be a log flume. 
https://youtu.be/wS4SE0bdo9g

I like the idea of increasing the sawmill/lumber portion of the city, but I think it should still be a log (albeit a double-wide log) to stick with floating the logs down the river.  I would also want to have a longer ride time.  The theming and storyline could be really great though.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating