Author Topic: 2023-2024 Announcements  (Read 2274 times)

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
2023-2024 Announcements
« on: October 25, 2022, 07:45:37 AM »
$30 Million in investments. They have announced the return of the furniture factory, fried fancies, new entrance/parking experience, and student housing. The ending of the video has a huge hint toward Fire in the Hole.

https://twitter.com/sdcattractions/status/1584885182083072001?s=46&t=YCUs1zYAc1ENzBn-MWyNNw
« Last Edit: October 25, 2022, 07:47:30 AM by mg »

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: 2023-2024 Announcements
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2022, 07:56:30 AM »
Nice.  good to see the places coming back,  and the housing will be a good add on for them, while also getting a gauranteed ROI.!

Great job.  good to see it.

Lampie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2022, 08:20:23 AM »
The ending of the video has a huge hint toward Fire in the Hole.

From the end of the video”we can’t wait to tell you more about what’s to come next year and the years to come”

Maybe I’m being overly optimistic but it seems like they are still hoping for FITH2 to be open sometime next year but are holding off an announcement because they are unsure if it will be.

The parking/entrance project not being done till 2024 may make next year interesting to get to the park. I’m assuming there will be some shifts in the traffic going into the park to accommodate the construction.

I hope it’s student/guest worker housing. Having housing though is a huge win for fixing staffing issues.

legoerosion

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2022, 08:42:41 AM »
I’m trying to figure what the “2nd turning lane into the city” would be. Would it be along 76, due to how it bottlenecks there?

Everything else seems like a huge plus. Student housing to help with employment, HF coming back and even Fried Fancies. The buildings being spaced out looks great, hopefully they’ll put trees where they’re clearing for some shade.

SDCisHome

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2022, 08:56:04 AM »
Loved the announcement. The new Heartland Home Furnishings looks great. Glad they're bringing it and Fried Fancies back.

It was definitely no coincidence he was standing in front of Fire in the Hole...also if you listen, you can hear the FITH audio of "the dang baldknobbers stole'em" as the Wildfire train goes by...clever.

Season passes go on sale Monday!

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2022, 09:03:16 AM »
I’m trying to figure what the “2nd turning lane into the city” would be. Would it be along 76...

I believe that it will include the 76 entrance. There have been some survey stakes around that area recently.

kbosch1

• McCoy
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2022, 09:21:27 AM »

MandyTG

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2022, 01:07:05 PM »
My family, especially my dad, are not so patiently waiting for the fried pork rinds to return.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2022, 03:09:27 PM »
The artwork has Corn Dogs and Chicken Tenders at the new Fried Fancies. I wonder what the current Corn Dogs and Tenders will become. Maybe it will be a festival food stand like they have used it for in the past?

https://www.silverdollarcity.com/news/New-For-2023

Lampie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2022, 04:57:20 PM »
I hope it returns to the flatbreads, but I'm doubtful it will. being a seasonal/festival food stand seems likely.

Has anyone else noticed that they didn't actually say anything about pork rinds, it feels like not specifically saying they are coming back is a bad sign for those waiting for their return.

MCLFLN

• Jr. Citizen
  • Going since 1978
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2022, 05:00:33 PM »
With the discussion of the Fire in the Hole location becoming the new location for the depot and the loop being opened here for traffic purposes....if it was me I would remove that stand completely as it is a hindrance to traffic flow.

This is usually where Swoosh jumps in and tells us we are all wrong  :)

I hope it returns to the flatbreads, but I'm doubtful it will. being a seasonal/festival food stand seems likely.

Has anyone else noticed that they didn't actually say anything about pork rinds, it feels like not specifically saying they are coming back is a bad sign for those waiting for their return.

Lampie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2022, 05:25:54 PM »
With the discussion of the Fire in the Hole location becoming the new location for the depot and the loop being opened here for traffic purposes....if it was me I would remove that stand completely as it is a hindrance to traffic flow.

yeah long term that makes sense, but I doubt they remove it before they remove FITH, so it probably has a function next year or two.

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2022, 08:32:38 PM »

[/quote]

Speaking of Swoosh, I'm surprised he hasn't commented yet, but I know it's a busy time for his profession. Another member I thought we would have heard from today is Shave.

Jay

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2022, 10:57:11 PM »
Oh I'm here, just been super busy today.

I'm very happy to have confirmation that the furniture craft demo/store is coming back.

Interesting that the pork rinds aren't mentioned, and that "Fried Fancies" (not that the Flossie's name has been dropped apparently) is the only eatery being added back in. I thought they would add a new restaurant considering all the space they have opened up. It's almost disappointing that this is all they are doing, but the furniture store is huge by itself. So is the foundation by the waterfall for the fried place?

This is old news, but I noticed the steam powered duplicating lathe was working in prime form on my visit a couple weeks ago. It'll be nice to have almost everything back again.

I think aside from the furniture factory, the second turn lane into the city is the best news here. That has been needed for decades. Unfortunately I don't think it will do a whole lot, but it will maybe make the traffic backup a couple miles shorter, lol. As it is, I always drive past the traffic backup if I'm coming from the east and then turn around and use the open left turn lane on the west approach.

And finally, this is our confirmation that the new indoor coaster isn't coming next year. Oh well. Better be a great ride for the three year wait.