Author Topic: Your Attraction Ideas  (Read 282740 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: Your Attraction Ideas
« Reply #750 on: August 01, 2017, 10:51:27 PM »
All right.  How about an Ice House themed ride like Pompeii.  Put it where the current station and queue building for American Plunge is located.  New American Plunge can be like Daredevil Falls at Dollywood but themed more to a saw mill (instead of just the final lift hill like it is at DW). 
SWOOSH

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #751 on: August 02, 2017, 12:59:42 AM »
All right.  How about an Ice House themed ride like Pompeii.  Put it where the current station and queue building for American Plunge is located.  New American Plunge can be like Daredevil Falls at Dollywood but themed more to a saw mill (instead of just the final lift hill like it is at DW). 

This I wouldn't mind. I liked the theme behind Buzzsaw Falls and would love to see a revival in another form.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #752 on: August 02, 2017, 02:29:59 PM »

Now you're talking.  Both are river themed, and they could fit together well - even interact.  At the same time, as long as we're doing some long-range planning, I would love to see a full-service, sit-down restaurant inside one of the rides (like a Pirates of the Caribbean type thing).
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: August 02, 2017, 05:08:17 PM »
Here is my vision...

ICE HOUSE SPLASH
The new Ice House Splash would be located near the Mountain Outfitters Knife Shop - the splash down will be aimed towards where the current American Plunge is located.  The show building will go behind the Knife Shop and the facade for the show building will match the other buildings in the area.

Inside you will get a "tour" of a ice block cutting factory.  The first thing you will notice is an extreme change in temperature upon entering the show portion.  As you meander the river in the show building, you'll have a few close calls with falling ice blocks and a falling ice cutter blade.  To end the ride you will exit the show building going through the "delivery door" to a giant splash down below.

SAW MILL FALLS
This new log flume will take guests through a working saw mill and lumber gathering company.  Guests will float past many scenes of the different stages of logging - even some of the wildlife is helping (eager beavers gnawing on the trees).  The flume will feature 2 drops, including one in the dark. 

----

Now for the final touch.  There will be a new lake constructed that both rides will dump into.  The back of the lake will feature new rockwork that will also house much of the show buildings for the new log flume.  Wildfire will now only accessed by a new pathway that goes past PowderKeg.  This will also set up the new plaza for the coaster that will go in between the two current coasters that are there (more on that in a future post). 

SWOOSH

IASTClone

• View Profile
« Reply #754 on: August 02, 2017, 05:38:14 PM »
Nope. This would be new.  Roaring Falls was sold when CC closed and has since been removed. 
Huh didn't realize it finally got sold. I thought it was the last thing remaining in the old park. When did it sell?

Granted, I have not paid attention for awhile while passing CC, but the last that I knew, this was still standing. 

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: August 02, 2017, 08:15:39 PM »
Nope. This would be new.  Roaring Falls was sold when CC closed and has since been removed. 
Huh didn't realize it finally got sold. I thought it was the last thing remaining in the old park. When did it sell?

Granted, I have not paid attention for awhile while passing CC, but the last that I knew, this was still standing.

I guess it was recently removed (as in last month).  I have not had time to verify it myself. 
SWOOSH

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: August 03, 2017, 08:42:32 AM »
Here is my vision...

ICE HOUSE SPLASH
The new Ice House Splash would be located near the Mountain Outfitters Knife Shop - the splash down will be aimed towards where the current American Plunge is located.  The show building will go behind the Knife Shop and the facade for the show building will match the other buildings in the area.

Inside you will get a "tour" of a ice block cutting factory.  The first thing you will notice is an extreme change in temperature upon entering the show portion.  As you meander the river in the show building, you'll have a few close calls with falling ice blocks and a falling ice cutter blade.  To end the ride you will exit the show building going through the "delivery door" to a giant splash down below.

SAW MILL FALLS
This new log flume will take guests through a working saw mill and lumber gathering company.  Guests will float past many scenes of the different stages of logging - even some of the wildlife is helping (eager beavers gnawing on the trees).  The flume will feature 2 drops, including one in the dark. 

----

Now for the final touch.  There will be a new lake constructed that both rides will dump into.  The back of the lake will feature new rockwork that will also house much of the show buildings for the new log flume.  Wildfire will now only accessed by a new pathway that goes past PowderKeg.  This will also set up the new plaza for the coaster that will go in between the two current coasters that are there (more on that in a future post). 

Sounds perfect, but 2 things that sound wrong.

1. If you take out the WF road and make us go past PK, that will make traffic by OH, Saloon, FITH, PK, and PK viewing area even more congested. We need less traffic around OH and Saloon, not more.

2. If PK road is turned into a Various Coasters road, then there will be no reason to keep the normal PK signs leading up to it (which I think is neccessary in helping people find it and the anticipation). I dont want just 1 small sign on the line entrance you can walk past while going to another ride (that dont seem right). If they make it a 3 way fork or find another way to keep coaster traffic flow separate somehow, (like how most rides and their roads are in different areas of the park) it may not be bad.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 08:44:44 AM by Dewayne »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: August 03, 2017, 12:34:30 PM »
This is just phase one of my plan.  The arches will have to removed with my plan anyway
SWOOSH

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #758 on: August 06, 2017, 12:48:18 AM »
Once the new coaster from Mack gets finished perhaps SDC could get them to refurb AP or build its replacement? I was browsing their water ride video catalog and got these ideas, maybe use the Waterboggan tower and have a flume pass behind or in front of Firemans Landing into Lake Silver to some degree. See here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj-SlNRxAUI
And here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7HpzVMBQog

And even though its a bit redundant to Riverblast, they could also utilize the lake (or make a new one like Swoosh mentioned) for something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7HpzVMBQog
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 01:00:29 AM by sdcfan88 »

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: August 06, 2017, 11:25:16 AM »
Every time I see River Blast, I can't help but envision it as a ride at a new park in Memphis themed to Iron Clads and a Civil War theme

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: October 29, 2022, 11:53:56 AM »
It's getting harder to find this thread.  I know it has been five years, but I still like to drift into the dreams during the cooler weather.  Besides, all we have to talk about these days is train wrecks and delayed new attractions.

So how about an escape room?  Do any theme parks have them?  It would be something new that season pass holders might enjoy.

ESCAPE GRANDFATHER'S MANSION
Someone has kidnapped Grandmother!  Grandfather has been keeping watch for her return for a long time, but now his grandchildren, John and Mary have enlisted your help to solve the mystery and return her to the mansion.

Jesus4me

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: October 29, 2022, 04:46:09 PM »
The Flooded mine rethemed and completely redone into a new dark ride.
Branson Bears in Music Mountain

This would be a cross between It's a Small World and Country Bear Jamboree. In this family friendly indoor attraction, visitors ride through the legendary Music Mountain of the Ozarks. As you explore the Caves where the Branson Bears live. The caves ring with sounds of the Branson Bears singing as the smell of sweet honey fills the air. The cave is filled with numerous animatronic bears singing, dancing, and eating barrels of honey while humorous buzzing bees fill the air.

The Branson Bear could be a park mascot and the merchandise would sell like hotcakes.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2022, 04:58:57 PM by Jesus4me »

KevinLong

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: October 29, 2022, 11:35:03 PM »
I get that rides and festivals are the big draw these days, but I would like to see a more directed effort to make the entire Park much more of the period themed location it started as. It would be difficult as the craftsman are getting harder and harder to find.

I just feel the craftsman are still there but only as theming for the overall park. There used to be much more of a focus on the life and feeling of the time period in the park. Now it seems more like a novelty rather than the purpose. I may  not be making any sense. sorry--- There are so many crafts that are from that period that are no longer in the park. Basket Making, corn brooms, cooperage. the old shingle saw engine has been moved off and is now a decoration in the farm area. Quilting, printing, stained glass - all are gone.

In fact I would be willing to bet that if you polled everyone leaving the park you would be interested to find how few even know there is a homestead area with animals in the park. Even on the busiest days it would be hard find more than a handful of people in the area at any given time.

I know that these days the money and the big crowd draws are not the blacksmith shop or the duplicating lathe, but with the loss of the furniture shop and its equipment, a huge blow to the overall period atmosphere has occurred.  The park began with simple ideas and over time it has slowly become less so. 

I just feel if all the attention is on the newest and greatest ride system, eventually the thing that we all love about the park - its ability to transport you to a simpler time, that will be a distant memory. Its already happening , but its not too late. thanks for letting me rant.

my two cents.

Kevin

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: October 31, 2022, 10:50:29 AM »
I get that rides and festivals are the big draw these days, but I would like to see a more directed effort to make the entire Park much more of the period themed location it started as. It would be difficult as the craftsman are getting harder and harder to find.

I just feel the craftsman are still there but only as theming for the overall park. There used to be much more of a focus on the life and feeling of the time period in the park. Now it seems more like a novelty rather than the purpose. I may  not be making any sense. sorry--- There are so many crafts that are from that period that are no longer in the park. Basket Making, corn brooms, cooperage. the old shingle saw engine has been moved off and is now a decoration in the farm area. Quilting, printing, stained glass - all are gone.

In fact I would be willing to bet that if you polled everyone leaving the park you would be interested to find how few even know there is a homestead area with animals in the park. Even on the busiest days it would be hard find more than a handful of people in the area at any given time.

I know that these days the money and the big crowd draws are not the blacksmith shop or the duplicating lathe, but with the loss of the furniture shop and its equipment, a huge blow to the overall period atmosphere has occurred.  The park began with simple ideas and over time it has slowly become less so. 

I just feel if all the attention is on the newest and greatest ride system, eventually the thing that we all love about the park - its ability to transport you to a simpler time, that will be a distant memory. Its already happening , but its not too late. thanks for letting me rant.

my two cents.

Kevin

I think you're talking to the choir here.  Most of us would love to see the old crafts revived in the park.  Part of what used to make SDC unique was the presence of older folks.  They were there for the ambience and the old styles of doing things.  The crafts were scattered throughout the park and not on a schedule.  Guests could just walk up at any time and see things being done.

While the coasters can draw people deeper down the hill, crafts can still have a place in the park.  Still, how do they do this successfully.  The older generation isn't going to pay the price of admission to a full-fledged theme park, but could they pay a fee that gets them limited access?  I'm not sure how this would be done with fidelity.  Could Main Street - along with revamped, high-quality, sit-down restaurants at the Mill and Mine, and the homestead area with craftsmen galore - somehow be opened to the general public for free, with gates to the rest of the park for ticket bearers?

It will be interesting to see how the entry is changed for 2023, but I doubt these things will be considered.  They've focused so much on young families that the rest of us are being priced out and turned off.  After the kids are out of the house, we will probably rarely visit.

Lampie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: November 13, 2022, 05:00:32 PM »
I know bats have been mentioned before in this thread and there are lots of bat coasters out there…. But I’d love to see an indoor wild mouse. I think themeing it to the flight of a bat coming out of Marvel cave and flying through the trees could be really fun.