Author Topic: SDC's 2023 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 124270 times)

Cseeley

• View Profile
Re: SDC's 2023 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #225 on: June 22, 2022, 05:02:53 PM »
Will this coaster use the same layout or will this have a different layout? I would love to see a drop track, or possibly a high speed switch track. And from the rumors will the coaster be manufactured by RMC?

Fergy328

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 23, 2022, 11:47:50 PM »
Will this coaster use the same layout or will this have a different layout? I would love to see a drop track, or possibly a high speed switch track. And from the rumors will the coaster be manufactured by RMC?

SDC is probably going in the family direction for the ride, given that this is going to be replacing a family favorite. A drop track is definitely a possibility and something I would love to see on the new ride. RMC I believe is all but confirmed to be the manufacturer for the ride.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #227 on: June 26, 2022, 04:05:35 PM »

SDC is probably going in the family direction for the ride, given that this is going to be replacing a family favorite. A drop track is definitely a possibility and something I would love to see on the new ride. RMC I believe is all but confirmed to be the manufacturer for the ride.

The building is taller and is not the same shape as the other making it extremely unlikely they’ll be the same layout.

Please note ALL coasters at SDC are considered “family”. 
SWOOSH

Fergy328

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 27, 2022, 10:18:24 AM »

The building is taller and is not the same shape as the other making it extremely unlikely they’ll be the same layout.

lol they consider Time Traveler a family ride?

Grapeslie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 27, 2022, 12:31:54 PM »
Whats the chance this is for 2024 and not 2023? Normally announcements happen in August but by now we’d have a teaser campaign of some kind and the park is completely silent on this. Im seriously starting to wonder.
The Scariest Part Of The Ride Is The Lift Hill!

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #230 on: June 27, 2022, 01:33:28 PM »
Whats the chance this is for 2024 and not 2023? Normally announcements happen in August but by now we’d have a teaser campaign of some kind and the park is completely silent on this. Im seriously starting to wonder.

I'm beginning to suspect it's getting pushed back a year myself. Been seeing some ramblings on social media that FITH may yet see another season after all. The lack of a teaser campaign and with what all would be involved to make anything even remotely faithful to FITH in the current timeframe, they are way behind on that aspect to get things done. The building at least should have been finished by now if we were to realistically see anything for 2023.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 04:14:10 PM by sdcfan88 »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 01, 2022, 10:21:28 AM »

I'm beginning to suspect it's getting pushed back a year myself. Been seeing some ramblings on social media that FITH may yet see another season after all. The lack of a teaser campaign and with what all would be involved to make anything even remotely faithful to FITH in the current timeframe, they are way behind on that aspect to get things done. The building at least should have been finished by now if we were to realistically see anything for 2023.

No park has started their teaser campaigns yet for 2023.  WOF is also getting a coaster, their first since Prowler, and you can bet they’ll make a big deal out of it (and their 50th)
SWOOSH

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #232 on: July 01, 2022, 12:34:59 PM »

I imagine that the definition of "family coaster" is pretty fluid and subjective.  The main Disney Imagineer who designed Guardians of the Galaxy:  Cosmic Rewind for EPCOT explained to me that the major factor in claiming it is a family ride is that it was designed with a low center of gravity so smaller people can ride.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 07, 2022, 10:24:47 AM »

Zero chance.
To quote Allison Hargreeves from the Umbrella Academy…
“I heard a rumor….” that the current FITH will close after Christmas (perhaps will make it to end of the season” and the new one will open during Spring Ride Days.  I heard another that the only thing they plan to save from the current ride is the mural IF it can even be moved. 

SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #234 on: July 15, 2022, 06:12:26 PM »
We forget that back in the olden days parks used to start on their new rides in the fall and have them open by Memorial day. SDC has often started earlier and opened their rides earlier, but the trend of taking two years to build something is somewhat recent. With standard construction schedules, there's no reason they can't build a coaster from the ground up in six months. They've got over 7 months until the park opens for spring 2023 and the building itself is already mostly done, so they just have to get the actual ride setup. I assume most of the fabrication is being done somewhere else rather than having to build the track like they probably did with the original FITH.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 15, 2022, 08:11:17 PM »
All of RMC’s track is prefabbed at their factory in Idaho and shipped to the construction site.  I imagine the set pieces are also being constructed off site and once installation begins it will go quite quickly. 
SWOOSH

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 19, 2022, 10:45:44 PM »
All of RMC’s track is prefabbed at their factory in Idaho and shipped to the construction site.  I imagine the set pieces are also being constructed off site and once installation begins it will go quite quickly.

I don't doubt that you're correct on the build schedule.

What about the theming? Will it be more outsourced computer-printed signs? Or will the park spend a few bucks for human-sourced theming?

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #237 on: July 25, 2022, 09:26:49 AM »
The park did a tremendous job with the Mystic River Falls theming, including in the waiting areas. They have the capability to do some tremendous theming still. I'm sure it will look good inside. I'm also sure there will be a certain about of techy effects that will consistently break and be a headache - lol.

The latest photos that I've seen show the building exterior complete. It's going to be a long wait now to see much progress, I'd assume. The exterior sides facing the park will get a facade eventually I'm sure, but they don't have to do that until Winter.

woodgrain

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 26, 2022, 10:14:28 AM »
Are they going to be transferring the name over, or will there be a new name? There haven't been any trademark applications, yet, unlike the months leading up to the MRF announcement when the three names had been filed almost 6 months prior.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2022, 01:05:36 PM by woodgrain »

Cseeley

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 26, 2022, 07:57:50 PM »
This 2023 opening is looking like it might not happen. I have not heard of any track pieces showing up or anything with the inside going on. I do not see this opening in 2023 and will be instead 2024. If any rumored stuff is true like a drop track this ride will need a good amount of testing done before opening. I believe that Time traveler started testing back in the winter of 2017.