Author Topic: SDC's 2023 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 124135 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: SDC's 2023 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #240 on: July 26, 2022, 08:11:38 PM »
This 2023 opening is looking like it might not happen. I have not heard of any track pieces showing up or anything with the inside going on. I do not see this opening in 2023 and will be instead 2024. If any rumored stuff is true like a drop track this ride will need a good amount of testing done before opening. I believe that Time traveler started testing back in the winter of 2017.

Source: Trust Me, Bro. 
SWOOSH

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 26, 2022, 08:31:02 PM »
This 2023 opening is looking like it might not happen. I have not heard of any track pieces showing up or anything with the inside going on. I do not see this opening in 2023 and will be instead 2024. If any rumored stuff is true like a drop track this ride will need a good amount of testing done before opening. I believe that Time traveler started testing back in the winter of 2017.

Source: Trust Me, Bro.

Thank you, Mr. Kettle.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 26, 2022, 10:42:07 PM »
I like you.  You’re funny.   ;D

In all honesty we cannot use what has happened in the past as an indicator on how fast this project is progressing.  The fact that the build will be indoors changes everything.  They don’t have to worry about bad weather.  The footer is already in and cured.  All they have to do is install things now
SWOOSH

legoerosion

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 27, 2022, 10:42:29 AM »
I wouldn’t be surprised if we see the announcement in late August/early September about the ride and FiTH’s closing. At least I hope they don’t pull a Lost River and take it down without announcing it for final rides.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they start getting track during the fall, too. Like Swooosh said, weather won’t be a problem for installing track and scenery. They seem to be finishing up the roof so they may be waiting for that to be done

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 28, 2022, 09:11:13 PM »
I would expect a lot of inside prep work doesn't need to wait for the exterior to be fully dried-in. Setting anchors, conduit and wiring, network cabling, air handling systems, etc. Normal building stuff, for buildings that include an indoor coaster.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 01, 2022, 12:02:03 AM »
There are new steel structures in the ride plaza area. They have also planted trees in the plaza.
The windows in the back of the FireHouse Play Place are quite dirty so it’s getting harder to get pictures.
It didn’t look like much was going on inside the building, but we were there close to dark.
The side facing Fireman’s Landing also has these squares. Not sure if they are to attach theming later on or what.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 01, 2022, 12:07:59 AM »
Another view from the road.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #247 on: August 01, 2022, 08:35:49 AM »
Thanks for the photos!

To me it looks like framework for the new façade. It doesn't look like a big area back there, but they'll probably close it in with some facades to make it feel like part of the city.

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 04, 2022, 09:50:56 PM »
Dollywood new project tease just started.  Wonder if SDC is coming soon. Maybe wait another month?
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 04, 2022, 10:43:52 PM »
Their tease started a few weeks ago and they are making their announcement tomorrow (Friday) at 11 eastern. Looks like it will be a livestream on their Facebook page.

I’m guessing that there is some level of coordination to not have multiple Herschend parks make their big announcements too close together.

Grapeslie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 05, 2022, 05:51:45 PM »
It’s incredibly odd they have done no type if teasing this late in the game! They are always teasing by now! I still have my doubts that this is for 2023 and that it may be 2024. Just seems out of character! And don’t tell me im wrong ive been following this park closely since I was a small child! This is not normal! Doesn’t mean it’s not for next year just weird to have no mention or teasers anywhere, and historically they generally announce new rides in August sooo.
The Scariest Part Of The Ride Is The Lift Hill!

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 05, 2022, 09:33:52 PM »
It’s very early August and I’m guessing that the old playbook changes when you’re replacing a classic.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #252 on: August 05, 2022, 10:16:36 PM »
While on the train this evening they had the closest thing to a teaser yet regarding the construction as we passed it.

The conductor mentions: "You might notice that here construction across the way from where our firemen reside... as of right now it's just a hole in the wall. As for what it's gonna be blip blip blip blip I can't say or I'd get in big trouble."

That's some pretty clever wording to allude to FITH.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 10:25:36 PM by sdcfan88 »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 08, 2022, 12:14:33 PM »
We now have markers on the fire damage site
https://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2022/08/city-update-sdc.html
SWOOSH

Swoosh