Author Topic: SDC’s 2022 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 62166 times)

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: SDC’s 2022 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #90 on: January 27, 2022, 11:11:37 AM »
The park posted an update on maintenance being done to American Plunge this off-season.

"The American Plunge is getting a facelift this Winter with sandblasting, new paint, and other structural updates. 🚧"

https://www.facebook.com/sdcattractions/photos/a.10151532583512603/10159932922822603/

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #91 on: January 27, 2022, 12:10:24 PM »
At least it's not getting a full demo considering the proximity to the fire that happened. Won't hold my breath but hopefully this will mark a return of at least some of the theming. I noticed a lot of comments coming from people saying the same thing so it's not just us that talk about the theming that's gone by the wayside.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 12:18:14 PM by sdcfan88 »

legoerosion

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 27, 2022, 01:24:01 PM »
American Plunge is getting a whole new walkway deck as well. It’ll be the same path as the old one but it’ll have new boards, supports, railing etc. Glad to see them giving some love to this area. Now all they need to do is take out the old extended queue for wildfire and put a bathroom there

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #93 on: January 27, 2022, 06:46:57 PM »
I don't think they'll add any theming. In fact, more will probably disappear. Sounds like they are just replacing rotten wood and doing general maintenance. We can probably expect AP to hang around for another 5-10 years at this point.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 27, 2022, 11:55:05 PM »
I don't think they'll add any theming.

^lol that's why I said I won't hold my breath, but it would be nice.

TheMilanTooner

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 28, 2022, 05:29:53 PM »
Caught wind of a new exhibit for the season: "Chuggington Adventure Depot"!
https://www.silverdollarcity.com/theme-park/Festivals/National-Kids-Fest

"Coming Summer 2022 to Silver Dollar City, explore the world of Chuggington like never before in this all new, traintastic experience with Wilson, Brewster and Koko! Create your own adventure with games, photos and more!"

They've been teasing incorporating Chuggington into the parks since their buyout of the franchise (and heard they were screening episodes last year at the Riverfront Playhouse), so interested if anyone else has heard anything!

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 29, 2022, 07:59:41 AM »
I was glad to see the news regarding some upgrades around AP. I also hope some of the theming returns. The general public asking for it on social media will help, but I also won't hold my breath...
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 30, 2022, 06:43:26 PM »
Caught wind of a new exhibit for the season: "Chuggington Adventure Depot"!
https://www.silverdollarcity.com/theme-park/Festivals/National-Kids-Fest

"Coming Summer 2022 to Silver Dollar City, explore the world of Chuggington like never before in this all new, traintastic experience with Wilson, Brewster and Koko! Create your own adventure with games, photos and more!"

They've been teasing incorporating Chuggington into the parks since their buyout of the franchise (and heard they were screening episodes last year at the Riverfront Playhouse), so interested if anyone else has heard anything!

I never even heard of that show, but it's been over 15 years since I had a preschooler intro trains.

Those definitely aren't in theme. They'll also definitely be popular, and sell a lot of videos.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 30, 2022, 07:37:59 PM »
Herschend acquired the series back in 2018 and they have had toys from the series in the parks since then.
Our boys have always been big Chuggington fans.

Herschend also owns the Splash and Bubbles series from PBS Kids.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #99 on: January 30, 2022, 09:07:51 PM »
Yup, HFEC is still pushing their media wing forward. I saw a news alert not long ago about them making another big hire in that department. Curious what it will bring to the parks as they start churning out more programs and getting some footing in the media world. They just need to add a steam train character and we'll be set.  ;)

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 30, 2022, 10:31:03 PM »
Those definitely aren't in theme. They'll also definitely be popular, and sell a lot of videos.

Yeah same goes for Veggietales, Nickelodeon, and Lego. I can let it slide.
https://www.branson.com/branson/general/chldfest.htm
« Last Edit: January 30, 2022, 10:32:52 PM by sdcfan88 »

TheMilanTooner

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 31, 2022, 10:59:18 AM »
Herschend acquired the series back in 2018 and they have had toys from the series in the parks since then.
Our boys have always been big Chuggington fans.

Herschend also owns the Splash and Bubbles series from PBS Kids.

Nice to see some fellow fans here! Been a bit fan for the longest time, and even worked a little bit with peeps from their Studio division; lovely folks and been great seeing their relaunch be a massive hit!

Yup, HFEC is still pushing their media wing forward. I saw a news alert not long ago about them making another big hire in that department. Curious what it will bring to the parks as they start churning out more programs and getting some footing in the media world. They just need to add a steam train character and we'll be set.  ;)

Same here; since the initial reports of the buyout, they mentioned wanting to incorporate them into the parks and doing live events. Their approach with Chuggington has been "slow and steady" (the new season was preceded by live action/animated shorts they aired a couple months leading to the premiere), and with the screenings at the Riverfront Playhouse last summer, that seems to be applying to the parks too!

Having (what I'm assuming to be) a travelling exhibit they could easily have tour the parks is an excellent way to start out doing attractions for the parks without being too bombastic or out of place. Just curious where they're gonna be locating it...

And it's funny you mention that; there's quite a few steamers in the show! This fella (Old Puffer Pete) is one of them:

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 01, 2022, 02:39:38 PM »
SDC announced that the Saloon Show will be back in the Saloon when the park opens on March 16th.

Lampie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 02, 2022, 07:31:57 AM »

Having (what I'm assuming to be) a travelling exhibit they could easily have tour the parks is an excellent way to start out doing attractions for the parks without being too bombastic or out of place. Just curious where they're gonna be locating it...

M assuming it would be in the carousel barn or the building attached to tatter twist…. If it’s bigger than what those buildings can hold then maybe out in pumpkin plaza. I suppose red gold hall would be the other option…

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 02, 2022, 09:06:43 AM »
I saw where pumpkin nights is expanding again...I wonder if they'll continue around lake silver and head out to Wilson's farm? or head up Valley Road? Maybe they can just add some more pumpkins on the trail....I didn't think the trail was that impressive last year...

Jay