Author Topic: SDC’s 2022 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 61837 times)

Pudgy Jones

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: SDC’s 2022 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #120 on: March 07, 2022, 08:16:08 AM »
I've never been able to get a feel for how much furniture they actually sold. My wife and I loved to look, but never bought anything. I'm guessing our experience was pretty common. Demonstrations aside, did the store do enough business to justify rebuilding it?

flutas

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 07, 2022, 09:47:19 AM »
I've never been able to get a feel for how much furniture they actually sold. My wife and I loved to look, but never bought anything. I'm guessing our experience was pretty common. Demonstrations aside, did the store do enough business to justify rebuilding it?

I was under the impression that there was always a mult-month waitlist for some of the furniture, but maybe I'm wrong. An article from ocregister (well known local news site from Orange County, CA) claims an 8-month wait last year. https://www.ocregister.com/2021/07/30/why-silver-dollar-city-deserves-to-be-ranked-among-americas-best-theme-parks/

Something I'm wondering if anyone knows, does SDC have plans to install electric car chargers any time soon? We have two cars (one electric) and would love to be able to take it due to the price of gas, but logistics around it are tough atm with Branson. Obviously I wouldn't expect it to be part of the free parking though.

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 08, 2022, 08:39:13 AM »

I was under the impression that there was always a mult-month waitlist for some of the furniture, but maybe I'm wrong.

I got the same info once when I asked at the shop.

Not every decision must make a profit (though such is the debased business model these days).  There is such a thing as prestige and pride in a job well done, but these considerations have no place anymore, it seems.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 10, 2022, 04:23:28 PM »

I was under the impression that there was always a mult-month waitlist for some of the furniture, but maybe I'm wrong.

I got the same info once when I asked at the shop.

Not every decision must make a profit (though such is the debased business model these days).  There is such a thing as prestige and pride in a job well done, but these considerations have no place anymore, it seems.

Yes, that is true.  It took me six months to get what I ordered.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 14, 2022, 10:47:49 AM »
Looks like the Culinary & Craft School will be used as the new Heartland Home Furnishings this season. It will open April 14th.
Flossies Fried Fancies is also returning somewhere in the same general vicinity. The area is just shown as grass on the map now.
Drinking fountains are also marked on the map again along with water bottle filling stations.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2022, 11:06:13 AM by mg »

legoerosion

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 14, 2022, 09:51:41 PM »
Looks like the Culinary & Craft School will be used as the new Heartland Home Furnishings this season. It will open April 14th.
Flossies Fried Fancies is also returning somewhere in the same general vicinity. The area is just shown as grass on the map now.
Drinking fountains are also marked on the map again along with water bottle filling stations.
It's important to note that there won't be any demonstrations for Heartland's at the Culinary school. It'll just be a shop.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 15, 2022, 07:56:15 AM »
I couldn't be happier about them having more Water Bottle Filling Stations! It's the right way to go. I hope these are permanently in the wall or permanently in the ground, unlike the ones they started with. They can easily turn them off during the winter and certain kinds are made for being outdoors. I'm sure they will keep up with regular maintenance by regularly changing the water filter and pressing the button to reset the filter status light.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #127 on: March 17, 2022, 07:36:44 PM »
Upgrades around the park - March 16, 2022 (Opening Day)
https://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2022/03/city-update-sdc.html
SWOOSH

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 18, 2022, 07:12:04 PM »
I'm interested to see whether the new home for Heartland Furnishings will be permanent. Since they completely gutted the building of anything to do with the Culinary demonstrations, is the plan to just have a furniture showroom instead of  visitors being able to watch furniture building demonstrations? It will be interesting to see.

I hope that's not the case.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 18, 2022, 08:22:37 PM »
I'm interested to see whether the new home for Heartland Furnishings will be permanent. Since they completely gutted the building of anything to do with the Culinary demonstrations, is the plan to just have a furniture showroom instead of  visitors being able to watch furniture building demonstrations? It will be interesting to see.

I hope that's not the case.

Yes that’s the case.  The furniture has always been made at “Site B” anyway.
SWOOSH

TheMilanTooner

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 04, 2022, 02:05:59 PM »
No clue if anyone's brought this up, but they're hiring right now for the Chuggington Adventure Depot!
https://hfecorp-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.dspjob&jobid=17762&jobboardid=3347&company_id=16687&version=6&jobBoardId=3347

Interestingly, the closing date appears to have been extended to August 7th instead of July 24th; perhaps to tie-in with Moonlight Madness?

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 22, 2022, 02:08:54 PM »
The construction fence down the hill from the Woodland Hike trail. It also looks like new power poles with electric outlets at the bottoms have been added along the trail.
Could this be prep work for the area and trail to be used during An Old Time Christmas?

TheMilanTooner

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 22, 2022, 08:14:26 PM »
https://www.explorebranson.com/media/news/silver-dollar-city-announces-new-productions

Aaaand we've got info and concept art from the Chuggington Adventure Depot!

Younger guests take to the rails at the Chuggington Adventure Depot as they step into their very own trainee Chugger, chosen from the modern and colorful fleet of train engines. On the interactive adventure, a lively ‘Conductor’ helps guide the exploratory fun as kids travel through a free-play, wall-to-wall re-creation of the town of Chuggington, playfully prompting active participation like “follow the leader,” “chug backwards,” and “dance party.”’ Preschoolers will meet and dance along with their Chugger friends like Wilson, Brewster and Koko and explore favorite Chuggington locations including The Roundhouse, The Ice Cream Factory & The Repair Shed all from the popular, global series produced by Herschend Entertainment Studios.

“As the first of its kind, all new Chuggington Adventure Depot opens, we celebrate a collaboration between Herschend Entertainment Studios, specializing in content creation, and Silver Dollar City, excelling in bringing colorful family fun to life,” said Natalie Setton, VP of Partnerships, Licensing and Content Distribution for Herschend Entertainment Studios. “We’re so excited to see kids faces light up as they get to explore the World of Chuggington. This is our first opportunity to present the TV series in a powerfully imaginative way where the world of Chuggington comes to life for our fans, allowing them to create their own adventure with our beloved ‘Chuggers’.”

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
SWOOSH

TheMilanTooner

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 28, 2022, 07:21:12 PM »
https://www.silverdollarcity.com/theme-park/Festivals/National-Kids-Fest/Chuggington-Adventure-Depot

Chuggington Adventure Depot is officially confirmed to be at the Carousel Barn in Rivertown!