Author Topic: SDC’s 2022 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 62168 times)

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: SDC’s 2022 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2021, 07:57:16 PM »
From looking though the fence and the view from FireFall, it does look like they are just widening the path.
It also looks like they may widen the main path where it connects to the woodland trail.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2021, 08:28:14 PM »
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2021, 10:18:00 AM »
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #63 on: June 07, 2021, 11:10:39 AM »
Pretty slow progress on a simple sidewalk expansion. Guess they are just using it as fill-in work around other tasks.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 07, 2021, 04:01:48 PM »
Pretty slow progress on a simple sidewalk expansion. Guess they are just using it as fill-in work around other tasks.

It’s being done in house and they cannot spare anyone. So many people retiring or just quitting. Then they cannot get people to come fill those openings.  It’s insane how many openings / how understaffed they are
SWOOSH

MCLFLN

• Jr. Citizen
  • Going since 1978
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 07, 2021, 04:11:21 PM »
I am guessing this is a mix of it is just time for retirements and some other issues with the company

It’s being done in house and they cannot spare anyone. So many people retiring or just quitting. Then they cannot get people to come fill those openings.  It’s insane how many openings / how understaffed they are

SDC#1fan

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 27, 2021, 07:23:15 AM »
Anything new on this? 👀👀
Look dad a bear! (colton pointing to a Cow)

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 27, 2021, 11:59:22 PM »
So many people retiring or just quitting. Then they cannot get people to come fill those openings.  It’s insane how many openings / how understaffed they are

I'm in a different industry in a different part of the country.

The last unemployment figures have NH as the lowest in the nation, at 2.5%.

Still there are 3 job openings here for every job seeker. That's one of the dirty little secrets about unemployment rates: if you're not looking for work, you're not "unemployed".

SDC#1fan

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 09, 2021, 11:01:22 AM »
So I’m going to assume there is no 2022 attraction coming. Swoosh have you heard anything else?
Look dad a bear! (colton pointing to a Cow)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #69 on: August 09, 2021, 01:08:46 PM »
It's still early. I suppose we could be surprised with something small. There have been no rumblings that I am aware of. With covid still an issue, I wouldn't be surprised if they are still holding off. Mystic River still isn't quite up to speed yet with where they want it to be and they are probably still working on it, among other things with their festivals and such. I don't even know what to expect for 2023 at this rate. The new FITH replacement seemed like a sure bet before the pandemic, but who knows what they will do now.

blatym

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 09, 2021, 03:55:26 PM »
At the park today and was riding outlaw run, there is some clearing going on off to the right and a pretty good size, from this clearing there is a path of trees being cleared almost like an out and back style layout for a coaster! Can't get any pictures, it's something you have to see for yourself, probably won't be for 2022 but looks very exciting  ;D

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 09, 2021, 10:12:32 PM »
So I’m going to assume there is no 2022 attraction coming. Swoosh have you heard anything else?

2023 is the next big project (as of now).  Look for 2022 to get back to the park’s roots and bring back shows.

At the park today and was riding outlaw run, there is some clearing going on off to the right and a pretty good size, from this clearing there is a path of trees being cleared almost like an out and back style layout for a coaster! Can't get any pictures, it's something you have to see for yourself, probably won't be for 2022 but looks very exciting  ;D

You saw fill dirt from the last 3 major projects which has been put in that valley and is now being let to settle.  It will eventually become parking for maintenance to replace parking areas they’ve lost over the years. 
SWOOSH

blatym

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 26, 2021, 11:13:27 AM »
I know you've got a lot more insight than I do and I'm not disregarding your statement at all but the "out and back" part of the clearing was all freshly cut trees from what I saw. Maybe it'll be the new for Spring 2022 Giga Crate Coaster!!! 8) (Chech their Instagram for the joke lol)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #73 on: August 26, 2021, 11:38:31 AM »
We can dream. With the massive expansions that they've continued to pour into DW, one can assume they aren't going to let off the gas with SDC either. That area is apparently specifically marked for maintenance area expansion since they've been encroaching on old maintenance areas with new additions such as the new event area and the rumored FL coaster/FITH replacement. They are eventually going to fill in much of that valley to flatten areas for maintenance buildings and greenhouses and such.

What will really excite me is if we see them start to work in the area north of Fireman's Landing where we've often speculated they could fit in a large new attraction pretty easily.

It's been a quiet, sad august for theme park fans. Usually now is the time that all the parks are announcing new stuff, but even SDC has been quiet about next year. Seaworld parks just announced that their 2020 coasters are finally opening for 2022.  ::)
Fingers crossed that 2022 ends up being more of what we thought 2021 was going to be. Tired of saying this, but surely by then things will have leveled off again...

legoerosion

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 27, 2021, 07:57:48 PM »
I just want them to put bathrooms next to Wildfire. That'll be the highlight of any season once that happens