Author Topic: SDC’s 2022 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 61830 times)

TheMilanTooner

• View Profile
Re: SDC’s 2022 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #135 on: June 08, 2022, 06:50:14 PM »
So we got our first look at the Depot and...

WOW. This is way more than I was expecting given the concept art! That clock tower is pretty much 1:1 to the one of the show!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #136 on: June 09, 2022, 07:57:03 AM »
I know I’m not the market audience but I’ve list never heard of this show.  What station is it even on?
SWOOSH

Lampie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 09, 2022, 12:33:54 PM »
It’s originally British. It aired on a BBC kids station.

It’s available for streaming in the US on Hulu and possibly Netflix.

Wikipedia has some details on it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuggington

TheMilanTooner

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 09, 2022, 01:06:10 PM »
Broadcaster here is Disney Channel/Disney Junior; the entire first season under Herschend is free to watch on DisneyNOW. https://disneynow.com/shows/chuggington-tales-from-the-rails

Noticed on the Facebook post advertising the sneak peek that a lot of folks seem to be coming out or even arranging first-time trips because of this; realizing this could be them potentially seeing if the Adventure Depot could be popular enough to make it a fixture or even look into a permanent attraction in the future.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 09, 2022, 07:32:07 PM »
Yea, I have never seen or heard of this either, and not really sure I see how it fits in with SDC

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 09, 2022, 09:30:11 PM »
Regarding Kid Fest, it fits in just as well as some of their other characters they have brought to the City, same as when they brought world fest and had acrobats, etc.

As a permanent fixture...if SDC can have flying elephants, pirate ships, etc. I'm sure they could figure out a way to have this "fit in" somewhere. It's gotten a bit crazy in the City.

Jay

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 09, 2022, 10:16:28 PM »
The new ride building is starting to get exterior walls. The side facing the highway is brown metal. The sides facing the Pumpkin Plaza and Fireman’s Landing is a flat white material. Not sure if the end product will just be painted or have a facade attached. There is also a but more concrete work formed up around the assumed station. That is also the only area with stained and possibly stamped concrete.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 09, 2022, 10:21:58 PM »
The more surprising work is going on at the edge of Fireman’s Landing by the Wagon and Balloons. A good amount of clearing and a good number of posts have gone in.

legoerosion

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 10, 2022, 11:37:37 AM »
I can’t see them making this Chugginton event a permanent thing. They may do the model that they’ve been doing with pumpkins, which is gradually make the event bigger each year. Whether it’s more things to do than just the scooters, etc. I can, however, see them making a Chugginton themed area in a park. I don’t think SDC, but maybe Kentucky Kingdom as their first large investment for the place.

The land clearing through the pumpkin hike path is interesting. It could be for pumpkins this year and making it more “whimsical” or could be for Old Time Christmas and use the pumpkin plaza for something Christmas-y

pintrader

« Reply #144 on: June 10, 2022, 12:25:43 PM »
The land clearing through the pumpkin hike path is interesting. It could be for pumpkins this year and making it more “whimsical” or could be for Old Time Christmas and use the pumpkin plaza for something Christmas-y

I think there is a good chance it could be used for all that.  With the new ride going in I wonder how many access points there will be to it?  Some of this clearing I would suspect will be associated with that.  Might also be the time to connect Grand Expo to Fireman's Landing.

tmstephe

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 10, 2022, 01:28:36 PM »
Thanks for the great pics, MG.  We made it down three times last year (summer, pumpkins, and Christmas) but probably won’t get there this year.  I enjoy watching the progress. 

tmstephe

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 10, 2022, 01:31:26 PM »
This feels a bit backwards… if I’m looking at it correctly, the load station and queue will be on the north / left side of the building, but the path opens from Fireman’s Landing on the south / right side.  Is that accurate?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #147 on: June 10, 2022, 09:57:17 PM »
This feels a bit backwards… if I’m looking at it correctly, the load station and queue will be on the north / left side of the building, but the path opens from Fireman’s Landing on the south / right side.  Is that accurate?

The entrance to the new ride will be directly through Little Swings with a manned railroad crossing.  Little Swings will move to the new peninsula they built. 

The other construction is not related  to the new ride.  More then likely this will be a new multi use festival are
SWOOSH

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 12, 2022, 08:59:49 PM »
Chuggington looks amazing!  It really isn't in them for SDC :(

My now 14yo so absolutely loved that show and the toys when he was younger.  He had multiple train sets from it and the shows where 500% better then Thomas.  Even now he will be excited to see it.

"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

TheMilanTooner

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 13, 2022, 03:00:04 PM »
https://www.anbmedia.com/news/2022/06/herschend-entertainment-launches-chuggington-adventure-depot/

Press released from HES (Herschend Entertainment Studios) announcing the Chuggington Adventure Depot. Some quotes to note:

Silver Dollar City is the perfect home for the true-life version of the Chuggington series according to Keith Dawkins, President of Harlem Globetrotters and Herschend Entertainment Studios. “The Chuggington Adventure Depot at Silver Dollar City allows us the opportunity to leverage not only the power of the Chuggington franchise, but also the scale and influence of Silver Dollar City to reach kids and families in new and exciting ways. This strategic collaboration across our enterprise illustrates the kind of powerful opportunities that we can create for our audience, our businesses, and our partners.”

“For over 6 decades, Silver Dollar City has entertained families, including even the youngest of children. In addition to all of our rides and attractions which small kids can enjoy this summer, our National Kids Fest will be even more fun with the addition of the unique, and first-of-its-kind Chuggington experience. To energize train-loving kids even more, families can leave the Chuggington Adventure Depot and head over to our authentic steam train to take a ride around The City,” said Brad Thomas, President and General Manager of Silver Dollar City Attractions.

An adaptive mobility Chugger train that is ADA compliant helps meet the needs of all young guests to fully participate in the immersive environment. Custom Chuggington merchandise, Chuggington toys from Alpha Group US and social media-worthy photo experiences round out the touring experience.