Author Topic: Future SDC Development Speculation (Long-term)  (Read 161860 times)

Lampie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
Re: Future SDC Development Speculation (Long-term)
« Reply #450 on: April 20, 2024, 08:59:57 PM »
It doesnít mean they canít make a bigger train station, itís possible they remake the flooded mine in a new location and then have room for an expanded train station.

Iíd also like to see something done for the train station/line. I know itís usually only really bad at Christmas but it makes everything in that area so congested.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #451 on: May 08, 2024, 09:59:17 PM »
When I was at the media event for FITH 2.0 the SDC big wigs said that Thunderation is undergoing a multi year maintenance overhaul so it can be enjoyed for years to come. SDC recognizes the uniqueness and nostalgic value of that coaster considering it was their first big thrill ride/coaster. As for the old FITH I directly asked about it and all they would say is what's not going there is a new Train Station.

Read between the lines.  They told you more than you even realize. 
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #452 on: May 09, 2024, 08:19:51 AM »
One has to imagine that something will eventually be done with the train station. Even on less busy days, the line is still wrapping around the "courtyard" in front and is confusing and unsightly for newer guests. I still wonder if there is a push internally for re-doing the entire area that the station currently occupies, including the removal of Flooded Mine. If they were smart, they could keep FM and just push things closer to it to make room, but I think that ride is on borrowed time regardless.

tmstephe

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: May 09, 2024, 04:59:45 PM »
Read between the lines.  They told you more than you even realize.

Just spitballing with some educated guesses here...

Rebuild the Flooded Mine at the FITH 1.0 location and use the current FM footprint for a new/expanded train station?