Author Topic: Future SDC Development Speculation (Long-term)  (Read 160013 times)

pintrader

Re: Future SDC Development Speculation (Long-term)
« Reply #420 on: June 01, 2023, 10:27:53 AM »
No question for me it would be invest in The Flooded Mine.  The Diving Bell was okay and a good attraction but didn't and doesn't compare with The Flooded Mine.  Of course I would also take a reinvestment of FITH & Float Trip over The Diving Bell.  I might add I don't think it would be possible to take it back to opening day glory and put state of the arts & theming because the two don't match up very well.  Just wouldn't be the same to me.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 10:39:26 AM by Pintrader »

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: June 01, 2023, 11:38:34 AM »
^ I'll second that.  As I've said many times in these forums I actually like the guns and targets.  Our family likes to compete with each other.  Updating the animatronics would be great.  Having more targets that do something beside just flash a light would be nice.  They did have my favorite target in there working again after a long time: the steer head on the left in the last section with targets- the part with the gravestones and skeleton.  We rode the flooded mine this past weekend and the steer target didn't make noise but it does spin like crazy when you shoot it. Yeehaw  :)
I'm Your Huckleberry

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: June 06, 2023, 12:48:07 PM »
I think over the past five years they've done well with flooded mine.  Seems every time I go there's something fixed that wasn't working a few years back.
My only complaint is they need to get the voice back..."I'm gettin' outta here, no matter what!".
But FM is still a fantastic ride.  I won't complain about it because it will just give them an excuse to take it away.
Small wonder our lives have so little of God in them, when we come in touch with so little that God has made.

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: June 06, 2023, 12:50:54 PM »
For me I think American Plunge needs more love.  Although I will say last year a few things were working that werent the year before.  I think American Plunge can be an absolute home run when it comes to good theme and I don't think it would cost a whole crap ton.

Please, for the love of all that is right and good, hand-painted signs!
Small wonder our lives have so little of God in them, when we come in touch with so little that God has made.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #424 on: June 13, 2023, 08:09:32 AM »
I prefer the flooded mine, but would take either as long as it was faithfully done. Would be easier to sink $10 million into a quality restoration though. At this point I think people would celebrate it about as much as a new ride - the response to FITH closing has been awesome! People do care about the classic rides.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #425 on: June 13, 2023, 02:46:20 PM »
Yeah I was relieved to see more people upset than the select ignorant few that said "Good! Tear that racist POS down." (yes there was one comment I saw on their FB page announcement that didn't have a clue about the Baldknobbers)

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: June 13, 2023, 02:58:47 PM »
Yeah I was relieved to see more people upset than the select ignorant few that said "Good! Tear that racist POS down." (yes there was one comment I saw on their FB page announcement that didn't have a clue about the Baldknobbers)

Hopefully the person that commented will have their pants stolen for 50 years and hang outside a window in their red longjohns LOL
I'm Your Huckleberry

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: June 13, 2023, 08:37:49 PM »
Thought this was interesting, SDC straight up asking people on Facebook what they want to see come to the park next. It mirrors the discussions we had here. I take it the admin is probably on these forums? https://www.facebook.com/sdcattractions/posts/10161019789837603

Lampie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: June 16, 2023, 07:23:37 AM »
I’m pleasantly surprised by how many people are asking for dark rides or other rides that are highly themed and good for the whole family to ride on together.

I really like the idea of a grandfathers mansion ride. I picture it being an Omni mover and you get to tour a bigger version of his house with more quirky gags.

Id love a new flooded mine without guns and  keep the song. Maybe a small drop or two but don’t get wet. Just a highly themed fun ride.

If you take the guns out of flooded mine, then they really need a new target shooting ride. Maybe a stage coach ride where you have to defend your stage coach from outlaws, or a target practice horseback ride through the ozark mountains.

Old Guy

• Citizen
  • The Author as a Boy
    • View Profile
    • Withe and Stone
« Reply #429 on: August 14, 2023, 05:16:09 PM »
"I've been on Baron. It is short but sweet and the pre-show is nice. Efteling is an incredible park with immersive theming throughout. Go there if you can."
from chittlins

I think Symbolica makes a great template for a Grandfather's Mansion dark ride.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2023, 10:39:16 AM by shavethewhales »
"Loved on Four Contenents!"

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: August 20, 2023, 10:20:19 AM »
Random Thought: If ThuNderaTion gets demo'ed before the decade is out, I could live with a nice twisty terrain GCI with some tunnels in its footprint with a similar theme. The landscape of this park could really benefit from a traditional wood coaster or two. Holiday World's woodies being a good example of making use of the hilly wooded terrain.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2023, 12:51:03 PM by sdcfan88 »

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: August 20, 2023, 05:29:58 PM »
I know it had it's issues but with the tower still there I would love to see a return of a revamped improved Wilderness Waterboggan!
I'm Your Huckleberry

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #432 on: August 21, 2023, 08:28:19 AM »
A GCII to replace TNT would be decent, but I'd rather they simply come in and do a proper replacement with a new "mine train" that mimics the original with some additional sweeping turns or something. SDC needs a true family coaster like TNT. It's an important part of the coaster lineup and for many of us that was our introduction to "big" roller coasters.

I love wooden coasters to death, but we all know they are a challenge to care for. SDC doesn't need any more challenges at the moment.

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: August 21, 2023, 08:43:59 AM »
Maybe a Fire Chaser Express type - in pretty much the same layout. Do the first half of the layout just the same - then go up the lift - make a turn to the right to a "mine entrance" - get "blasted" through the second half of the layout backwards (big drop) - add a second swooping turn that would line you back up with the station so you can return facing the correct direction.

Keep the mine train "ThuNderaTion Theme".

Jay

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: August 28, 2023, 03:23:18 PM »
As lond as they keep the gravity start into that helix, they can do whatever they want, that feature makes TNT, everything after is a letdown. Keep the current start into the helix and "Taron" everything after. Another OMH coast that I got to ride in Europe. My kids rode that thing over and over.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2023, 03:26:08 PM by chittlins »