Poll

How would you like to see the Geyser Gulch area re-themed?

Rube Dugan's Magic of Flight
15 (25.4%)
Fire Station
6 (10.2%)
Fireworks Factory
24 (40.7%)
Other
6 (10.2%)
Leave it alone
8 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author Topic: SDC's 2014 Projects and Changes  (Read 103677 times)

busymom4kc

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2014 Project
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2013, 05:19:19 PM »
The memories made at Silver Dollar City last a lifetime.
Pass them on to the ones you love!
In the fall the leaves turn red and gold; that must mean God is a CHIEFS fan.

busymom4kc

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2013, 05:20:26 PM »

busymom4kc

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2013, 05:22:52 PM »

Thunderation

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2013, 05:26:14 PM »
So, Whatever they do next year it will probably be an upgrade/retheme of GG.
You have a great past ahead of you.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2013, 05:26:48 PM »
ohhh!!  nice...!!!

SDC-BMW

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2013, 05:54:46 PM »
Not a fan of any of those. To carny like. Just my opinion

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2013, 08:11:31 PM »
I want  anything to do with Rube Dugan to be a theater experience in a DIVING BELL. out of those two I actually like the fireworks idea. Whatever they do, the drop tower from CC is on it's way.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2013, 08:30:17 PM »
My two favorites would definitely be the fireworks and the Rube Dugan stuff. I think I prefer the fireworks to Dugan, but it's just about a tie.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2013, 09:02:23 PM »
I think the Fire Station theme would be the easiest to integrate into the city, yet at the same time it would be kind of awkward in terms of stretching the theme to an entire area, and it might be the least interesting of the three in terms of catching people's attention. The flight one is probably my favorite - it's playful enough yet still fits the essence of the park. I hope they aren't considering a plane ride in there though like the artwork shows, because that would be way out of place.

The fireworks factory is interesting and could be done well, but it still seems a little out there and like it would contrast so much with the rest of the park. It would be cool if they tied in some other factors of the park with it like bat guano, and an occasional fireworks show could be interesting.

All of the three certainly sound neat in their own right though, and I wouldn't be too

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2013, 09:14:32 PM »
I think the Fire Station theme would be the easiest to integrate into the city, yet at the same time it would be kind of awkward in terms of stretching the theme to an entire area, and it might be the least interesting of the three in terms of catching people's attention. The flight one is probably my favorite - it's playful enough yet still fits the essence of the park. I hope they aren't considering a plane ride in there though like the artwork shows, because that would be way out of place.

The fireworks factory is interesting and could be done well, but it still seems a little out there and like it would contrast so much with the rest of the park. It would be cool if they tied in some other factors of the park with it like bat guano, and an occasional fireworks show could be interesting.

All of the three certainly sound neat in their own right though, and I wouldn't be too

one of the proposed rides requires you to pedal to go up, there's one in Kansas City at LEGOLAND themed to wizards. Zamperla is really pushing it's new flat ride called Air Race, it fits both the flight and firework concepts.

a youtube of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onvjwck3dyU

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2013, 09:31:42 PM »
Any actual airplane-type machines, as opposed to fanciful flying contraptions, would be out of theme by about 20 years.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2013, 10:31:24 PM »
Most of us are smart enough to realize the airplanes and the fire trucks are WAY out of theme.  Again, there is a way to do this without breaking theme.

I think the fireworks go with the theme, especially if fireworks go off at regular times, including a floating fireworks structure in the lake during the evenings.

I like the looks of the firestation the best (and it should definitely be tied heavily to FitH!).  While we're at it, though, how about adding the following?  Rather than just the fire station, the structure could be the municipal services area:

-Police station (like a Keystone Cops type thing)
-The SDC Hospital (complete with 1880s ambulance service)
-Dress up the WB tower to be a forest fire watch tower (with binoculars and zip lines)

Now for the questions:
-Is the unsightly, age-old target structure in the lake going to finally be removed?
-Did the survey indicate this is for 2014?
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2013, 10:42:07 PM »
I don't quite understand why they name Rube Dugan as the resident SDC inventor... I thought that was Doc Harris?

As it shows in the lower right of the Magic of Flight artwork, a ride could be themed to flying contraptions similar to what you can see outside the queue building for Wildfire as designed by Doc Harris.

OMG, that Zamperla Air Race looks AMAZING and could easily be themed to fit into the 1880s theme!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2013, 10:44:38 PM »
-Did the survey indicate this is for 2014?

This will be stretched over 2 years.  If that gives you any indication of what is really going on there.
SWOOSH

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2013, 11:00:15 PM »
Yes, and maybe I'm not getting it either, but I thought Rube was a prospector/treasure hunter.  I never thought of him as much of an inventor.

Having said that, I don't want to see either one of these characters used as an excuse to add attractions that break the 1880s theme.  I still vote for the 5D Rube Dugan theater!

Swoosh, would you be hinting that this is the first year, with a supercoaster to anchor the area in 2015?
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating