Author Topic: White Water 2014 project?  (Read 38382 times)

ttroyer210

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
White Water 2014 project?
« on: November 15, 2012, 03:02:03 PM »
Since its obvious that White Water isn't getting anything new for the 2013 season I was wondering that if anyone in the know here of heard about anything that the park could get for the 2014 season?
Fire In The Hole!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: White Water 2014 project?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 03:25:45 PM »
I have not heard any new rumors, but with SDC getting a major ride this year the trend would favor WW getting something big next year. DW's water park is getting a proslide water coaster... but I wouldn't hold my breath to see on in Branson just yet since they are so expensive. I could see them updating a slide tower or putting in a new major slide where the Bermuda Triangle slide ends.

ttroyer210

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 03:41:58 PM »
That would be great i am anxious  to see what they would do theming wise for the slide because if it's anything like what they have been doing with themes for WW it would be great
Fire In The Hole!

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 04:42:19 PM »
Living in Fayetteville, I got a choice to make to take my kids to a summertime water park.

1)Magic Springs/Cyrstal Springs- Cheap plus daddy gets some coaster time at a reasonable price

2)Shlitterbahn in KC. Growing before my eyes, other attractions around

3)Whitewater

Now, #1 is getting some new stuff for 2013

and Then there's this for Sclitterbahn:

Suzanna Stagemeye
rAssociate Editor- Kansas City Business Journal
Email  | @sstagemeyerKCBJ  | Facebook

Schlitterbahn Kansas City Waterpark plans to open what it describes as “the world’s tallest, fastest and most extreme waterslide ever built” in the summer.

The Meg-a-Blaster speed slide, for four-person rafts, will “tower over” current record holder Insano at Beach Park, which is in Fortaleza, Brazil, according to a Wednesday release. That slide is 134.5 feet high and hits speeds of 65.2 miles per hour. The KCK slide will combine speed-slide drops with Schlitterbahn’s Master Blaster technology, which offers a coaster-like attraction.

A Schlitterbahn spokesperson said no cost projection will be released now.

“To ensure the record-holding statistics of this new extreme attraction, we are not going to release final height and scope of the project until we are ready to welcome our first guests,” Jeff Henry, Schlitterbahn co-owner, said in the release. “This new Meg-a-Blaster speed-slide is going to wow our guests and is going to be a game-changer for our industry. Our greatest challenge will be to find thrill seekers brave enough to ride.”

The release said more information would come closer to the unveiling of the new slide.

Schlitterbahn’s Kansas City, Kan., waterpark opens for the 2013 season on May 25. Discount season passes are on sale online; parking, tubes and lifejackets are free to use, and visitors can bring picnic baskets and coolers into the park.

For the upcoming season, the waterpark also plans to expand the number of shade structures in the park, add more changing and bathroom facilities, and add a food location in the newer section of the park.

ttroyer210

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 02:24:20 PM »
So has anyone heard anything else about a new project for WW?
Fire In The Hole!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 05:24:20 PM »
There will be a new attraction in 2014.
That's all the details available at this time
SWOOSH

ttroyer210

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 05:40:13 PM »
Alright, thanks Swoosh
Fire In The Hole!

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2013, 10:11:27 AM »
It's no secret Whitewater hopes to draw customers from NWA, I know Fayetteville wants something like this for a new park in the south part of town and Rogers Parks Dept is opening this up this summer and is surely to compete with someone debating to drive to Branson for a water park:

Fort Smith is building one as grand as Rogers  also.

Whitewater is going to have to really differentiate from the rise of these new municipal water parks that are offering the basic building blocks of for profit parks.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 10:18:11 AM by chittlins »

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2013, 10:24:32 AM »
I heard it was $15 bucks to get into the water park at Rogers, AR. My daughter has six kids, think they are going anytime soon? NO!
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2013, 01:31:04 PM »
I heard it was $15 bucks to get into the water park at Rogers, AR. My daughter has six kids, think they are going anytime soon? NO!

Related to the Duggars ;D

Here are admission prices
http://rogersarkansas.com/parks/aquaticsCenter.asp

They have been running a half price sale the punch passes and that ends today. That would have made admission for each punch around 4 bucks for Rogers resident and 6.50 fro non residents over 48inches, Admission is cheaper for those under that and free for those under 36inches. Lots of folks like to complain without knowing.  Iwould also follow their Facebook.

They did not want to sell season passes yet because they do not know how the crowds are going to be.  They plan to adjust after this year when they get a better feel for the operation.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 01:45:13 PM by chittlins »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2013, 02:44:19 PM »
So the topic on WW attendance got me thinking more about this. I could see HFEC investing heavily in WW in 2014. I'm going to bet that they're looking into adding a water coaster of some sort based on the (assumed) success of RiverRush at DWSC. That's a high-profile attraction that you can't get at smaller water parks, and we're seeing a number of established water parks buying them up. The other option is a "spectacle" type slide such as the aqualoops or a funnel/bowl slide. I really wouldn't mind one of the new proslides with multiple bowls and funnels.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2013, 02:50:32 PM »
Since the company is in the aquarium business, why not integrate some freshwater aquariums into the queues or along the rides.  I just got back from Orlando, where we swam alongside aquariums with tropical fish and dolphins at their SeaWorld's Aquatica waterpark.  It was an interesting concept.  Doing something like this would be like sliding through Bass Pro.  Make it a true Ozarkian waterpark, complete with Ozarkian critters, maybe even some snake and turtle displays.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2013, 09:37:09 PM »
Since the company is in the aquarium business, why not integrate some freshwater aquariums into the queues or along the rides.  I just got back from Orlando, where we swam alongside aquariums with tropical fish and dolphins at their SeaWorld's Aquatica waterpark.  It was an interesting concept.  Doing something like this would be like sliding through Bass Pro.  Make it a true Ozarkian waterpark, complete with Ozarkian critters, maybe even some snake and turtle displays.

We are doing Discovery Cove next year with the kids. Can't wait for it and the new Snow White coaster at Disney, I'm sure it'll be a disappointment, it's a vekoma. Staying at Animal Kingdom.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2013, 10:00:56 PM »
A new addition to WWB is up in the air now.  FYI
SWOOSH

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2013, 10:10:32 PM »
The Dwarfs coaster was under construction and looked to be the largest part of the landscape in the new area.

Discovery Cove should be a terrific experience (I don't recommend the Florida SeaWorld, though.).

Imagine, if you will, the potential of a White Water which includes The Catfish Experience and The Paddlefish Plunge.  Enough of this Tropics in the Ozarks spiel; let's embrace our heritage!
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating