Author Topic: White Water 2014 project?  (Read 38381 times)

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
Re: White Water 2014 project?
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2013, 11:02:56 PM »
A new addition to WWB is up in the air now.  FYI

Possibly no addition to White Water, yep blame it on the weather and fall further behind the region competition.

What they need in Branson is something like Kalahari's indoor park complete with an indoor water coaster to go along with White Water outside with a lodge attached. Take weather out of it. With the crowds of OTC and them opening earlier for spring break, seems this would appeal to those crowds as well as the summer crowds. SDC should do this.

SDC#1fan

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2013, 11:40:46 PM »
There was a FB post today saying "something has to come down before something else goes up". comments suggest that BT is coming out. It says it is happening tomorrow.
Look dad a bear! (colton pointing to a Cow)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2013, 09:54:22 AM »
I find it humorous that there is nothing on website about upcoming announcement or new attractions.. 

guess we will find out later today..

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2013, 09:56:29 AM »
Just saw it on FB.  Bermuda Triangle is coming down...  but no info on new project... ???

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2013, 12:12:20 PM »
Here's hoping that old Proslide tower rumor comes true.

At this point, anything new from Proslide would be tremendous for the park.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2013, 09:36:27 AM »
While looking at HFEC website about the harlem globetrotters, I find it funny.... NO word about white water addition or mods.. ???

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2013, 06:22:35 PM »
Well, give 'em some time. The Globetrotters thing is a new, big deal. We will hear more about WW as the project continues, and plenty next spring just prior to the park opening.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2013, 01:12:16 PM »
Meh

Doesn't do much to catch up with it's competitors in the region.

SDC#1fan

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2013, 02:16:27 PM »
Unfortunately unless white water dumps a lot of money into the park they won't ever catch up with the competitor's. We happily drive 3hrs to Kansas city 5-6 times a year over driving 30min to white water even once. The other parks are far bigger and have many more options for the whole family. Hopefully this is only a drop in the bucket of improvements to come.
Look dad a bear! (colton pointing to a Cow)

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2013, 04:30:31 PM »
Maybe they should sell it off and repurpose Celebration City as a new Whitewater park.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2013, 05:03:12 PM »
Sounds like a neat pair of slides, but honestly I was surprised that they went with such a short model. It's design and marketing intend for it to be a thrill ride, but then they seem to have gone and tried to make it "family-friendly" by making it shorter that typical slides of this type. I'm not sure that's how it works with this type of slide, but we'll see.

It is a drop in the bucket for what they really need to do for the park to be seriously alluring. They're taking a slide out for this, so it's not even a huge net increase in their offerings. I was really hoping for a new combo slide tower. The sad thing is that this will be considered a "big" project for them, and I wouldn't expect to see another new slide addition again for at least a few years.

Someday though the economics will be just right to where they see value in putting some serious investment in the place. I think they need SDC to keep being built up at the moment though.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2013, 07:11:42 AM »
Maybe they should sell it off and repurpose Celebration City as a new Whitewater park.

I think they only lease the land that whitewater sits on. Not sure how many years is left on the lease though. But I agree start new at the old CC site where you have the room to expand. Maybe include a aquarium and a area for a winter ice skating rink to make it more of a year round attraction.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2013, 11:15:31 PM »
IF you are going to build a new waterpark - build it out by SDC and be done with it.
While you're at it, move the SBB's landing out to Indian Point too so that it is all HFEC properties.
SWOOSH