Author Topic: White Water 2014 project?  (Read 38336 times)

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Re: White Water 2014 project?
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2014, 07:51:53 AM »
I am in my 50's and still enjoy the water parks more than regular theme parks. Cannot wait to make my first trip to Schlitterbahn this year.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2014, 02:04:36 PM »
My Dad was a hell of a waterskier. He turned down job offers from Cypress Gardens in the late 60s. I have a photo of him on skis going down little old St. Francis River in NEA behind a flatbottom boat.

Our family set up a camp for nearly two months a year at Greers Ferry Lake back when I was young.  folks came and went the whole time. There's old 8mm film of my Dad and cousins doing three man pyramids.I busted my ear drum in a nasty wipeout out cutting across the wake at 12. I was good but not close to my Dad's level of awesome. I've fallen out of practice as the world seems to move so much faster and there seems to be many more demands on time than it used to be. Things like little league last nearly all summer and so on.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 02:06:47 PM by chittlins »

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2014, 02:35:31 PM »
yea thats cool.  I never did much care for water really. I know thats odd considering I can swim. I still wish WW was more of a "world class" or "extreme" waterpark though.

My family has always had dirt track cars. Our weekends were always consumed at the local track.  We never had the money or sponsers to make it pro. We have many many "1st in points" trophys though

Now my Son has the drag racing bug.  Until about 8 years ago. I knew very little about drag. His Trans Am blew up about 4 years ago, and money is just not there to rebuild (and oddly enough-he is an ASE certified mechanic, and service adviser at a local shop). But drag engines require lots of machine work, and lots of $$$

I do think it is neat that you guys still like waterslides though. Runner. Im pushin 50 now I dont know how you do it, but keep it up.
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2014, 09:58:04 AM »

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2014, 06:34:01 PM »
Water parks don't hold any attraction for me at all, but water…ah, water.  I love any sport that takes place on the water.  It's always a conundrum coming to Branson.  Do we head for the lake or head for SDC?  There are many trips that we don't spend anytime in Branson, and always put off SDC until tomorrow. But tomorrow never comes because either Taneycomo or Table Rock are calling to us.  BullShoals is awfully nice, too.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2014, 07:33:52 PM »
SWOOSH

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2014, 10:40:38 PM »

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2014, 03:56:14 PM »
Ka Pow a Ka Pow Pow marketing blitz is on in NWA. I'm underwhelmed.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2014, 08:47:56 PM »
It seemed a little sophomoric to me when it played on the Mid-MO stations.
SWOOSH