Author Topic: Your Attraction Ideas  (Read 283659 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: Your Attraction Ideas
« Reply #705 on: July 20, 2016, 12:00:13 PM »
History Buff, while an interesting idea, I don't think that is the answer for GE.  When we think of SDC, we think of a "glorified 1880s" - something that never really existed but we wish it had.  (This is sort of like the Golden Era of Hollywood themed parks)

I personally feel that Grand Expo is fine as is for the time being.  Can it be improved upon?  Sure.  However I do not feel that its theme is so pressing that it ruins the entire park.  When an appropriate retheme presents itself, it will compliment a new addition to the area.
SWOOSH

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #706 on: July 20, 2016, 03:59:17 PM »
I still think the Waterboggan area could be re purposed and the tower gutted and reused as a structure for a small footprint coaster like Mystery Mine to pass thru.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 04:41:20 PM by sdcfan88 »

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #707 on: July 20, 2016, 05:07:45 PM »
I still think the Waterboggan area could be re purposed and the tower gutted and reused as a structure for a small footprint coaster like Mystery Mine to pass thru.

Don't know that's actually possible in that location.  You've got the train running right under it- and those tracks aren't going to be able to be moved because of how they line the train up to enter the station. And you've got the barn right next to the tower and tracks in the same place.  While there is a small clearing there, it would mean completely scrapping the whole barn to make anything work, and could cause a lot of conflicts with the train. Trying to go out at an angle to squeeze it in then runs you into Red Gold.  I think it's far more likely that they would use the small space for a flat ride then try to do the pretty much impossible and put a coaster in there.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: July 20, 2016, 10:28:04 PM »
But it would be sweet to have a Mystery Mine type of ride in the park (of course just my opinion I have never actually ridden such a ride so I don't know how it would be but it looks cool).
Colorado SDC Fan

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: July 20, 2016, 10:51:05 PM »
It's beyond rough.  Great theme.  Horrible execution. 
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: July 21, 2016, 06:28:13 AM »

I agree with that bit i've been on an euro fighter that offered a good ride. Wonder how Adentureland's new euro rides.

Sir willow, sorry, i've seenn too many coasters get squeezed into tight spots, especially coaster without long trains.

With a vertical lift and custom layout a number of companies can fit something there. But, there are other locations that hanging on the tree much lower to harvest first.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 09:34:48 AM by chittlins »

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: July 21, 2016, 07:53:31 AM »
When the slide was removed I'd had imagined the tower to be reused as a base for a zipline type of attraction.  With rope course and stuff with a few other added towers.  Probably an upcharge ride.

That seems kind of silly now with all the places around Branson that does that a lot bigger and better than they could do in the park.   

Put a ferris wheel on top of it....lol
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

mhguy77@yahoo.com

• View Profile
« Reply #712 on: July 21, 2016, 07:56:50 AM »
This is sad but true and I don't think its something they can fix.  When the 12 year old ride lovers started to complain I knew it was not just me.  They did a great job with theming but the ride itself it painful.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: July 21, 2016, 09:35:49 AM »
When the slide was removed I'd had imagined the tower to be reused as a base for a zipline type of attraction.  With rope course and stuff with a few other added towers.  Probably an upcharge ride.

That seems kind of silly now with all the places around Branson that does that a lot bigger and better than they could do in the park.   

Put a ferris wheel on top of it....lol

And we saw what Dollywood did with a great ropes course.

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #714 on: July 21, 2016, 12:41:49 PM »

I agree with that bit i've been on an euro fighter that offered a good ride. Wonder how Adentureland's new euro rides.

Sir willow, sorry, i've seenn too many coasters get squeezed into tight spots, especially coaster without long trains.

With a vertical lift and custom layout a number of companies can fit something there. But, there are other locations that hanging on the tree much lower to harvest first.

I have as well, but that spot is a lot tighter than most of those tight spots, and not as big as some might think it is.  Along with the fact that the space around that tower really isn't available except on one side.  The other space around and underneath it is already occupied.  I also don't know that the tower could support the weight and motion of a coaster.  Combine all that with SDC's past showing they don't like to build on top of itself... and then there is the theater that they aren't going to want to enclose, but would be made pretty much useless if they put a coaster in there.

That's why I said it's far more likely that they would put a flat ride in there.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: July 21, 2016, 12:52:11 PM »

Adventureland's Monster is an Infinity Coaster and not a Euro Fighter.  I think rides much better and it does not suffer from OTSR. 
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: July 21, 2016, 02:01:20 PM »

Adventureland's Monster is an Infinity Coaster and not a Euro Fighter.  I think rides much better and it does not suffer from OTSR.

Let's be honest, a Gerstlauer Infinity is just new improved upon  model of the euro fighter. We have both been on Iron Shark at GPP and that's lap bar only as well.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: July 21, 2016, 02:25:57 PM »
There's more to it than that but sure. 
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: July 21, 2016, 02:40:47 PM »

I have as well, but that spot is a lot tighter than most of those tight spots, and not as big as some might think it is.  Along with the fact that the space around that tower really isn't available except on one side.  The other space around and underneath it is already occupied.  I also don't know that the tower could support the weight and motion of a coaster.  Combine all that with SDC's past showing they don't like to build on top of itself... and then there is the theater that they aren't going to want to enclose, but would be made pretty much useless if they put a coaster in there.

That's why I said it's far more likely that they would put a flat ride in there.

Correct me if I'm wrong. It would be great reuse the existing tower. The tower tower is steel I-beam with wood cladding for the theming effect right? If the train prohibits it's use as a liftx it could still be used for turns and curves passing through above the train easement. Most on this site that have speculated on coaster ideas for that usually include the small area north of the depot and east of River Blast with either adaptive reuse of the theater or removal for the load station/Queue. The coaster would cross the pathway that goes down to the lake from Flooded Mine about where the Pottery shop is. Or the dreaded Flooded Mine removal or gutting for it. I'd rather both be untouched and the track squeezed in between the two.

Tight spaces:

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: July 21, 2016, 03:36:48 PM »
Do we need another extreme woodie?   If anything after Project 2018, I'd like a FireChaser style coaster to bridge the gap between TNT and the big 3 (soon to be 4)
SWOOSH