Author Topic: Your Attraction Ideas  (Read 283837 times)

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Your Attraction Ideas
« Reply #480 on: April 12, 2015, 01:10:40 PM »
I guess chittlins is mocking those of us who thought the camp thing was a big deal, and that's fine. 

do me a favor, keep me out of your posts mmmmkay.

I understand what you were getting at, chittlins; you were expressing shock at the camp being taken out, and then relief when we learned it was just moved. Of course, I spend most of my time on Tumblr these days, so I've learned how to read people's expressing emotions via gifs. :D

PS: Great use of gifs, by the way. :)

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: April 12, 2015, 01:42:07 PM »
I see construction across the tracks from FL. Coaster, perhaps?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #482 on: April 12, 2015, 02:03:06 PM »
Laroy, please see the 2016 thread.  I don't feel like c/p my post
What you see in that photo is just a backstage staging area.
SWOOSH

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: April 12, 2015, 02:14:26 PM »
I did look. What about it?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 02:17:01 PM by Laroy »

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: April 12, 2015, 05:02:38 PM »
The picture you posted is old. The back lot has been cleaned off and is now host to hundreds of employees cars. fyi.
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: April 12, 2015, 05:59:54 PM »
I guess chittlins is mocking those of us who thought the camp thing was a big deal, and that's fine. 

do me a favor, keep me out of your posts mmmmkay.

I understand what you were getting at, chittlins; you were expressing shock at the camp being taken out, and then relief when we learned it was just moved. Of course, I spend most of my time on Tumblr these days, so I've learned how to read people's expressing emotions via gifs. :D

PS: Great use of gifs, by the way. :)

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: April 12, 2015, 11:50:19 PM »
The picture you posted is old. The back lot has been cleaned off and is now host to hundreds of employees cars. fyi.

Its from 2015. Thats not old.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #487 on: April 13, 2015, 08:13:48 PM »
^It's old. Like he said, it's back to being a parking lot. A lot can change in a few months, and Google rolls out a new picture once every couple of years or so.

The Gerstauler Sky Fly is definitely closer to something I could see worked into SDC. It's an odd-looking ride, but I feel like it's one of those things that could really make something out of the Doc Harris/Steam Punk/1880's invention theme. I wouldn't want to see a lot of that thrown into the park, but one big ride like that would be cool.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: April 13, 2015, 08:30:43 PM »
You want something high capacity and family oriented?... Only one kind of coaster comes to mind. What would be a 1880s, SDC version of a dragon?.... A bat. How about a suspended coaster that holds 4 people to a row (like Wildfire, but the track is on the opposite side) and is themed to the bats that come out of Marvel Cave every night. They are the reason SDC has very few mosquitos after all... The Flight Of The Bat! I can see it now!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 08:32:03 PM by Laroy »

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #489 on: April 13, 2015, 09:14:13 PM »
I could go for this idea, Laroy, but the public would rightly see this as a rip-off of Batman rides.  I like how you're thinking this time.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #490 on: April 13, 2015, 09:21:56 PM »
Actually, a bat theme would be a really fitting animal theme for SDC. The cave is full of them. A large area of the park can't even be developed due to protecting the bat habitats. There's plenty of instances of them showing up in Ozark folk tales and such anyway.

I'm not big into animal themes for rides at SDC or DW - I think Wild Eagle turned out to be a very bland theme - but a bat theme could theoretically end up being well-thought out and fitting for SDC specifically.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #491 on: April 13, 2015, 09:40:11 PM »
I think I've brought up the idea - in this thread - of weaving indigenous animals into the park - but strictly limited to those local animals.  Bass Pro could even sponsor a couple of small aquaria in strategic locations.  A lot of education could be included in the queue of a ride about bats.

I do a unit at school that focuses on the cave ecosystem.  Our room becomes a tourist cave, and students take other classes on tours, so this would interest me.  Of course, as we have discussed, it expands SDC to include yet another theme - zoology.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #492 on: April 13, 2015, 09:45:44 PM »
A bat theme?  You mean like this one?
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: April 13, 2015, 10:32:49 PM »
I think I've brought up the idea - in this thread - of weaving indigenous animals into the park - but strictly limited to those local animals.  Bass Pro could even sponsor a couple of small aquaria in strategic locations.  A lot of education could be included in the queue of a ride about bats.

I do a unit at school that focuses on the cave ecosystem.  Our room becomes a tourist cave, and students take other classes on tours, so this would interest me.  Of course, as we have discussed, it expands SDC to include yet another theme - zoology.

Black Bear habitat. Mountain Lions are indigenous and are back out there again along with bobcats. There's quite a few if you get serious about it. HFEC doesn''t really need  Bass Pro's help u less it just wanta to share costs. Let's remember Wild Adventures and the aquariums in the company's portfolio. if they were to do this, I'd want top notch, realistic  habitats. I think the animals are taken care of at WA but the habitats are MEH.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 10:37:30 PM by chittlins »

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: April 13, 2015, 10:46:07 PM »
Example of Black Bear Habitat