Author Topic: Your Attraction Ideas  (Read 283750 times)

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
Re: Your Attraction Ideas
« Reply #465 on: April 09, 2015, 09:24:21 PM »
Adding some stuff to ThuNderaTion would be easy, and would make that ride really pop.

I agree with you but have never considered what could be done to Thunderation.  What ideas do you have?

I'm just going to throw this out there without any explanation as to why this happened (and no I will not explain why so don't ask)

The theming on ThuNderaTion (the camp scene) has been removed and will not be coming back.  There were some other theming elements during the course of the ride that have been removed as well, but unless you're very familiar with the ride they won't be as obvious as the removal of the camp.  Its removal basically eliminates the entire backstory of the ride.

That is all, carry on

Boo.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: April 09, 2015, 09:46:30 PM »
Did this happen recently? I have always seen that camp there. Wow, its like theyre trying to take the theming out of everything....

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: April 10, 2015, 11:47:03 AM »
What?  That is very unfortunate.  I always enjoyed looking down at the camp from on top of the hill.  This seems like pure laziness.
Small wonder our lives have so little of God in them, when we come in touch with so little that God has made.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: April 10, 2015, 01:04:02 PM »

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: April 10, 2015, 02:30:23 PM »
The camp was "re-invented" on the opposite side, this week. Now, if they would put Grandpa in the tub, back on the train loop, I'd be happy... :-\
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: April 10, 2015, 05:04:22 PM »

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: April 10, 2015, 09:24:02 PM »
So is the Thunderation area the place we need to look for construction flags?  Is the next project a newer, better TNT?  I love the old one so I hope it stays there in some fashion.
I'm Your Huckleberry

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #472 on: April 10, 2015, 10:38:20 PM »
^Not sure why anything should happen there before an AP replacement/upgrade.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: April 11, 2015, 12:33:35 AM »
Thunderation is still a great ride and has great theme.  I think a big problem is that it's kind of hidden to those who don't know.  I had family go to SDC for the first time a few years ago and they went for consecutive years---the first year they didn't ride it because they didn't know it was even there, but when they eventually rode it the next visit they really liked it.  This was back when they had the backwards cars.
I guess chittlins is mocking those of us who thought the camp thing was a big deal, and that's fine.  I just hope people understand that to a lot of folks the small things matter, and combined they add up to a big feeling.  I like going back and looking at the same things I noticed as a kid; after all memories, good times, and unique experiences that we can't have anywhere else are what bring us back.  Glad to know there will still be a camp there, even though it isn't the normal one.

Moral of my post is that I agree with History Buff...there are bigger upgrade projects than Thunderation, with AP being number 1 in my book as well.
Small wonder our lives have so little of God in them, when we come in touch with so little that God has made.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: April 11, 2015, 01:40:26 AM »
I guess chittlins is mocking those of us who thought the camp thing was a big deal, and that's fine.  

do me a favor, keep me out of your posts mmmmkay.

Now since this is the ideas thread an I post things from other parks you might want to look away.

Themed up Gerstlauer Sky Fly

Has anyone every rode the one at MOA. Think it's the only one stateside. The nice aspect about it is that the rider determines how maNY times they invert.

MOA Sky Fly
https://youtu.be/4RcMX2uXs2s
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 01:46:01 AM by chittlins »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #475 on: April 11, 2015, 03:02:17 AM »
It has a steep learning curve on how to get it to flip.  Not overly fun unless you figure it out
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: April 11, 2015, 07:42:17 AM »
It has a steep learning curve on how to get it to flip.  Not overly fun unless you figure it out

E
Sounds like it's best to keep them in Europe then. One would think that would encourage re-ridership, so as to hone one's skills but most Americans these days..........
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 07:51:42 AM by chittlins »

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: April 11, 2015, 11:37:47 AM »
All of you are right.

Small things may seem small at first, but a lot of small things combined, doesn't look so small anymore. For example, a $1 bill is small right? Anything for $1 is cheap. When I go somewhere like Dollar Tree, I think that I will only need to buy 1 thing, but when I get in there, I need this, this this, that, then then that, and this, and this, oh and dont forget them. After a few minutes, I have 20 things I need (worth $20 combined), when I thought I only needed 1 thing. So, 1 small thing in theeming may seem small, but put 20 of them together, and it seems big.

And Chittlins, at first I thought you were so speechless that you couldnt talk, which is a first. Lol.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 11:42:52 AM by Laroy »

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: April 11, 2015, 02:33:08 PM »
^^^^I agree that AP needs the upgrade first of all.  Just that things changing at TNT got me to wondering if something bigger is planned for there.
I'm Your Huckleberry

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #479 on: April 11, 2015, 08:09:55 PM »
Not next year. 
SWOOSH