Author Topic: Your Attraction Ideas  (Read 283911 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: Your Attraction Ideas
« Reply #195 on: July 25, 2012, 01:20:21 PM »
Oh you mean a POWERED turn.  My mistake. I was thinking that you meant a normal spinning coaster that was under the train that spins via physics not by being turned by computer.
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 25, 2012, 02:38:05 PM »
Oh you mean a POWERED turn.  My mistake. I was thinking that you meant a normal spinning coaster that was under the train that spins via physics not by being turned by computer.
it can be controlled or spins freely according to Mack. I think EuroMir at Europa is controlled where as Sierra Sidewinder at Knotts is free spin.  Same premise, just hanging from the rails. 

Thunderation

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 08, 2012, 02:47:03 PM »
Another idea for fire in the hole 2.0
This would require tearing down the hole thing and rebuilding it from scratch :'(
but the could keep some of the old ride elements

- bridge collapse with barrel roll
- real fire like escape from Pompeii or mystery mine
-audio animatronics
other than that the ride would stay the same ;D
You have a great past ahead of you.

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 17, 2012, 01:02:33 PM »
Had a thought, why dont we all chip in on paint drive down to SDC and paint the murals back into the tunnels of the AP. Paint the spinning daredevil head and dog. One of us are good at building with wood. They could make that fun barrel that used to be there in lieu of paint. I wonder if SDC would take to our flash mob........lets take back our memories!
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

clancomyn

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • "Now boys, be good to the tourists!" - Mitch Jayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 18, 2012, 03:17:57 PM »
If I remember correctly, "MoMo" (which is short for "Missouri Monster") wasn't seen until the early 1970s, and then in NE Missouri, near Louisiana. It's a similar story to the (in)famous (cue The Three Amigos) Legend of Boggy Creek in Arkansas, which also originated in the late 1960s. Vance Randolph, the noted Ozarks folklorist, makes no mention of "Bigfoots" in his magnum opus, although he does discuss the sighting of the "White River Monster" in the early 20th century.

A ride like "The Haunted Mansion", featuring ghost stories from Randolph might be fun. Another thing I would like to see is a return to the Yocum Silver Dollar story -- A "Breadtray Mountain" themed ride or attraction that tells the story of the Yocums.

Apologies for being pedantic there.  ::)

T.

clancomyn

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 18, 2012, 03:28:15 PM »
So here's one that could be a seasonal offering. 

At Disney during the Fall, we take the old horse-drawn buggies out of storage and offer a nighttime tour of the back 40 of Fort Wilderness Campground (waaaay away from the campers) with nothing but the moonlight shining by the lake.  That is until the headless horseman actually follows you and gallops right alongside your buggy!

It would be pretty awesome to crank up the old Butterfield stagecoaches once again and have a similar theme to it with maybe the exception of an old outlaw....or maybe a ghost mailman delivering a love letter and theme it to the pony express (since that started in St. Joe, Mo).

Stone County has its own version of the HH called "Old Raw Head" that was seen near Kimberling City in the early 20th century. Vance Randolph's Ozark Magic & Folklore is filled with stories that could be adapted for things. Heck, my buddy Champ & I would be willing to do our storytelling program about Ozarks ghosts if any of the SDC folks are reading the forum.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 18, 2012, 03:41:05 PM »
A ride like "The Haunted Mansion", featuring ghost stories from Randolph might be fun.

Oooo... I like that! SDC really does need some sort of PeopleMover-type ride to help ease the flow of crowds. It would also add to the very small amount of rides that people of any age can ride.

clancomyn

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 18, 2012, 03:54:01 PM »
A ride like "The Haunted Mansion", featuring ghost stories from Randolph might be fun.

Oooo... I like that! SDC really does need some sort of PeopleMover-type ride to help ease the flow of crowds. It would also add to the very small amount of rides that people of any age can ride.

Randolph's chapter on Ozark ghost stories has some great ones -- The Oak Grove School House, just north of Crane, for example, is a local story that is "period" to SDC.   Randolph even documents a phantom Model T that used to appear on Highway 14 between Nixa and Ozark in the 1930s.  8)

T.

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 19, 2012, 04:16:58 AM »
in NE Missouri, near Louisiana.

Ummm... what? Did I miss a joke, or did they move Louisiana?

It's a similar story to the (in)famous (cue The Three Amigos) Legend of Boggy Creek in Arkansas, which also originated in the late 1960s.

I'm very familiar with that one, since Fouke is about 15 miles from where I sit.

clancomyn

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 19, 2012, 07:06:42 AM »
in NE Missouri, near Louisiana.

Ummm... what? Did I miss a joke, or did they move Louisiana?

It's a similar story to the (in)famous (cue The Three Amigos) Legend of Boggy Creek in Arkansas, which also originated in the late 1960s.

I'm very familiar with that one, since Fouke is about 15 miles from where I sit.

http://www.louisiana-mo.com/v1/

T.

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 19, 2012, 04:44:31 PM »

http://www.louisiana-mo.com/v1/

T.

:D LOL, thanks. I knew about Mexico, but I didn't know about Louisiana.

oldsdcer

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 19, 2012, 06:48:32 PM »
That was where Mark Twain was born.
SDC has always made a great past to remember

clancomyn

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 19, 2012, 08:16:57 PM »

oldsdcer

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 19, 2012, 09:42:42 PM »
my bad
SDC has always made a great past to remember

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 27, 2012, 09:55:38 PM »
I found this video to better illustrate my vision of a revamped Fire in the Hole. Like I said, just revamp the story portion of the ride with modern tech with more life like props and led screens for fire and when you get to the bridge, A timber falls across the track just on the other side and your stuck and then this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ml9nZassOu8

followed with a revamped coaster circuit with a splash at the end.