Author Topic: WW in 2011  (Read 37380 times)

mike_kelly87

• View Profile
WW in 2011
« on: July 19, 2010, 01:46:20 AM »
Was at white water a couple weeks ago. There was a guy in the lazy river explaining to his kid that they were going to be tearing out the current lazy river at the end of the season and rebuilding it into something that was much larger and took you to other places in the park.

After looking at the contition of the lazy river and the fact it looks like it's about to disentegrate this wouldn't suprise me. I would guess with Schlitterbahn opening in KC this may put some pressure on them to do more.

Someone has also told me the the Bermuda Triangle is going away after this year, if this is true, I hope it's in prep for a tornado.

U Smell Smoke

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: WW in 2011
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 08:23:32 PM »
I sure hope you are right.  As has been discussed many times on this site, Whitewater is in dire need of a makeover and reinvigoration.  I would love to see the concepts redoing the lazy river to integrate it into the entire park.  It would be interesting to see how they pull that off. A water coaster would go a long way towards updating their image.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 08:19:06 AM »
I'd love to see a major revamp at WW. Even an expansion, if possible. It's been a few years since I've been to the park. I have always enjoyed going.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 02:39:14 PM »
I seriously doubt there is any way for them to expand the lazy river to be like schlitterbaan's (sp?) transport rivers and water queue systems. WW is not set up for it. I do expect to see a new slide or two to replace the Bermuda triangle sometime here shortly.

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 09:44:08 PM »
I have a great idea move White Water to Celebration City's old location and include an amazing Aquarium, that way the property can generate revenue all season long.  Some of the slides could even go through some of the water exhibits. 

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 11:29:11 PM »
If you're going to move it, move it out by SDC and add a resort to it.
No need to ever come into town then... man that sure sounds like Disney.
SWOOSH

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2010, 08:40:19 AM »
Copper, I like your idea about moving WW to the CC site. Much more room, plus several buildings and rides at the site could be implemented into a revamped WW. I really like the idea of maybe having water slide tubes through some of the big aquarium displays...like a tube running through a shark tank...or something like that. It would be a pretty exciting thing. I think there could be potentially a resort/hotel thing on the property, too. What do ya'll think?
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2010, 09:54:20 AM »
I definitely agree.  Put a resort hotel on the property and that area could be a major gateway to SDC.  I have said it before, but I will say it again.  I would theme WW to 1910 Coney Island and keep the wooden coaster and vastly improve the boardwalk.  Other non-water rides could stay and just be themed appropriately.  If you want to get really technical a parking garage could be built that could transfer people to WW or SDC, they do own about 100 acres in that area.  I would build a trolley themed monorail to connect the two properties, the ride would be beautiful and fun, an adventure in itself. 

maddilives4him

• Hatfield
  • Perserving the past!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2010, 10:34:34 PM »
That is actually a pretty good idea to relocate WW on the CC property. Even thought the hotel thing would probably make a lot of money, I think it's a little too extreme for SDC. I don't want to feel like I'm going into Disney world when I want to go to WW if ya know what I mean! ;D
"Do not let anyone look down on you because you are young, but be an example to others in your speech, love, life, faithfulness, and purity."
                           - 1 Timothy 4:12

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2010, 07:34:39 PM »
monorails in the 1880's??? hmmmm I think its time to burn a witch at the stake!! j/k. I am not all that gaga over WW. What is special about it? What brings delight to the people besides the water. Nothing just jumps out and says VISIT ME!!! So on that note, I want them to keep WW where it is and just take out tard-o rides and put in somethin nicer more attention gettin.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2010, 07:54:49 PM »
Didn’t you all know that Baldknobbers don’t like to get wet? :P

Speaking of moving White Water to the old Celebration City site, I think the park could really use a nice outdoor laser, lights, and pyrotechnic show! Perhaps, with their giant pool, and fountains with underwater lights that change colors.

I’ll be frank, and admit that I have never attended the park at nighttime, so perhaps they already have something like this? ??? However, I think the summertime nightlife would really bring in a lot of revenue for Whitewater.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 07:59:03 PM by Ozark BBQ »

Firstvisit1967

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2010, 02:17:51 PM »
I have to agree with Swoosh the thing to do is to move it out to the SDC property.  With an investment of 35-40 million SDC would have Branson really starting to worry.  They are close enough on Indian Point to use the lake.  If they had one or two themed hotels to stay at(as a beginning) along with the water park people would have no reason to drive down the strip.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2010, 03:09:23 PM »
might be hard to keep 1880's them wiht new hotels and WW there in one area..  And i wonder if HFEC reaaly wants to try to monopolize on tourist traffic? Keeping them Off of the strip. Of course "we" would always have the option to go to "town".     But that brings me back to a statement i had made earlier. What about dinner and shows?.. would they offer that in the hotels? Or leave that to Branson?    Lots of "ifs"  "ands"  "buts"  and Maybes to work out on the complete scenario.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2010, 03:18:38 PM »
Check out the next thread under Whitewater about the new survey. Some new info there. Some new thoughts, too.

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2010, 09:23:12 PM »
An announcement is coming soon from SDC regarding White Water 2011!