Author Topic: WW in 2011  (Read 37379 times)

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: WW in 2011
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2010, 11:36:34 PM »
Yay!  I can't wait to see what it is!

U Smell Smoke

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2010, 09:27:30 PM »
I hope it is something big. We haven't even bothered going to WW the past several years because it is so outdated. I want them to give me a reason to return. 

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2010, 12:19:54 AM »
I hope it is something big. We haven't even bothered going to WW the past several years because it is so outdated. I want them to give me a reason to return. 

You mean the water alone on a hot day isn't reason enough? :P

I agree though, White Water could use a face lift, and something fresh.

dwfan

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2010, 06:11:50 PM »
The main thing needing to be refreshed was the lazy river. I think this is what WW will announce, a new lazy river!

Makayna

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2010, 11:18:39 AM »
What's wrong with the lazy river?!  ???

Last time I was there (this past summer), I didn't really notice that the lazy river needed to be refurbished.  Although it'd be nice if it was a little more interesting... but I'm not sure how they could do that and still keep it "lazy."  Like, if they added a water wall that you had to go through, you'd piss off all the women who don't want to get their hair wet.  I just can't really see what they could do to it though to make it better... it's always VERY popular... almost TOO popular!  You have to wait FOREVER to get a tube... but I really can't see how they can improve that at all.

Now the kids' play area could use a new paint job.   But other than that, I really don't know what they'll do.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 11:20:51 AM by Makayna »

Nate65807

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2010, 11:31:24 AM »
I agree. Although the Lazy River is my least favorite "ride" (if it qualifies for this category) due to lack of excitement, there are many people, both young and old who enjoy this. In fact, I know that this is someone's favorite ride. I call her mom, lol ::)
Nate
"I'm not an extraordinary man. But when I put my mind to it,
I'm like Hercules meets Michael Bolton. I can go the distance"

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2010, 01:03:09 PM »
So many of the attractions at WW would be made much better with a little atmosphere. The lazy river would be a lot more fun with "rock" walls and vegetation on the sides, like an actual river, rather than being just a concrete trough with water flowing through it.

I really like what the chain has been doing with DW's splash country. If I'm not mistaken, that park has won numerous awards for it's great layout and theme. The Cascades addition looks really interesting and I'd like to see more attractions in that vein rather than having everything be just concrete and fiberglass.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2010, 03:38:37 PM »
I think you may have hit the nail on the head shavethewhales!

Silver Dollar City is a first class theme park, so why can't they transform White Water into a first class water park? Perhaps the goal of the park is for simple, and cheap thrills. However, they could transform the park into a real looking beach, or jungle, or whatever other theme they wanted to use.  Heck, they could really give it an Ozarks feel, and theme it after an old town water hole, or something. :)

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2010, 05:10:48 PM »
The original theme of Whitewater in 1980 was "all the fun of the old swimmin' hole." It featured a park mascot, Wally Whitewater, which was a big happy, beaver. Buildings were themed like the buildings at SDC to some extent...more rustic, Ozark-like. Then, someone came up with the tropical theme and "the beach within reach." I agree that it would be good to see some atmosphere with rocks, more plants, and so on, and I don't know why they don't do it...unless it's a matter of maintenance and money.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2010, 05:22:10 PM »
@makayna.........Makes ya wonder why one would go to a water park if one didnt want to get their hair wet......

I am not fond of WW as I have stated before and I believe it needs something snazzy. Right now its a few slides and a lazy river. Whoop. EE. And not having enough tubes to go around is the pits. A real kill joy. If I paid high dollar to swim there I would expect a tube for me, no waiting involved. Have I mentioned I hate white water??
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

Nate65807

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2010, 05:54:29 PM »
@greentrams: Some people have color treated hair and contact lenses. Getting your head wet with chlorinated water affects those things.

Some just want to swim and sun tan and come to keep an eye on their kids, who want to have fun.

I think lazy river could be improved by "speeding up" the flow of the river and incorporating waterfalls and spray jets for 5 or 10 minutes, once an hour, like they do with the wavepool. Outside of that, keep the river "Lazy" :)
Nate
"I'm not an extraordinary man. But when I put my mind to it,
I'm like Hercules meets Michael Bolton. I can go the distance"

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2010, 06:34:29 PM »
I didnt think about contacts or hair.....thats good thinkin nate!
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2010, 10:09:15 AM »
I forgot to post this earlier sorry!

Aloha River @ Hula Hula Bay
http://www.bransonwhitewater.com/rides-attractions/ride_detail.aspx?AttractionID=1420

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2010, 10:37:10 AM »
Nice catch Copper! :)

If they pull it off, this new Aloha River could be just the spark that White Water needs this summer. It seems pretty interesting, and fun which will hopefully draw in the crowds once the heat returns next year.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2010, 11:15:23 AM »
that does look likea\n answer to the WW question..