Author Topic: WW in 2011  (Read 37378 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: WW in 2011
« Reply #90 on: July 14, 2011, 11:43:48 AM »
Not seeing the "OMG they're the same" that a few posters are talking about.  I guess they're the "same" in the fact that they're waterparks, but it really ends there.
SWOOSH

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 15, 2011, 10:01:03 AM »
I should rephrase that.

I started going to both when they were carbon copies of one another.The layouts weren't the same but they had essentially the same things at that time!!.

Maybe it just turned me off the WW in Branson that I could go to one down the street. I don't know.

Anyway We are talking mid 80's here, so maybe I should give the Branson one another chance after 20+ years.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 08, 2011, 05:36:37 PM »
I remember using White Water branded tubes at the now long defunct Adventure River in Memphis. For some reason I want to say the water park  you can now barely see from I 430 in North Little Rock was opened by the same partnership.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #93 on: August 08, 2011, 09:27:04 PM »
Ah, yes Wild River Country. Arkansas' largest water park! I don't know anything about a partnership, but it would not surprise me.

U Smell Smoke

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 09, 2011, 05:49:51 PM »
I noticed where Holiday World in Santa Claus, Indiana announced last week they are going to be building the world's longest water coaster for next year.  What's interesting is that it will feature a six person circular raft with riders facing each other.  This will be their second water coaster and will use the linear induction technology they also used in their first water coaster.  WW needs a ride like a water coaster to work up some excitement.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 09, 2011, 07:46:37 PM »
that would be a great addition..  or maybe add it to SDC and tie it into lake silver?

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #96 on: August 09, 2011, 08:00:37 PM »
I don't think a big water coaster like that would fit WW just yet, though I'd love to see it soon. Right now I want to see them add another good slide complex complete with some of the newer ProSlide creations such as a Tornado Alley or Tantrum or whatever they're called with the multiple funnels and bowls on each slide. I'm also anticipating a lot more heavy refurbishments of the park like what we saw with the lazy river this year. I'll bet the big kid's play structure gets it next along with the wave pool.

Sounds like the park is getting more attendance these days just judging by what I've heard people say. With this hot weather I wouldn't be surprised if they had their best year yet.

Rumors are HFEC is ready to pour more money into the place...

oldsdcer

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 13, 2011, 12:36:34 AM »
Why not move WW to CC open the OzCat, Roaring Falls, and the go cart tracks with new water rides and sell the WW property for a premium. The place could be Branson's own Schlitterbahn with lodging, restraunts, and maybe even a show.
SDC has always made a great past to remember

Saaam!

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • Celebration City-Lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 16, 2011, 02:20:53 PM »
Why not move WW to CC open the OzCat, Roaring Falls, and the go cart tracks with new water rides and sell the WW property for a premium. The place could be Branson's own Schlitterbahn with lodging, restraunts, and maybe even a show.

I wish they'd do this too. It'd be the best idea and fit Branson the most. I would love to see Celebration City open OzCat again, plus some other rides along with White Water. I really wish they kept Accelerator too, that was my favorite Space Shot. Back to White Water... yeah, still, this would be a great option.
| Formally "Thunderbolter" |

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #99 on: August 16, 2011, 02:27:45 PM »
^ & ^^, we threw that idea around for awhile, but it would definitely be a massively expensive operation for the chain in a time when the economy is in the tank and traffic to the parks is getting noticeably low. Plus, they've started putting some money into WW's current location again and are rumored to continue doing so until the park is essentially re-built where it stands. Doesn't look like they have any intention of moving the park anytime soon. It would have been a great concept though.

Saaam!

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • Celebration City-Lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 17, 2011, 05:12:40 PM »
^ & ^^, we threw that idea around for awhile, but it would definitely be a massively expensive operation for the chain in a time when the economy is in the tank and traffic to the parks is getting noticeably low. Plus, they've started putting some money into WW's current location again and are rumored to continue doing so until the park is essentially re-built where it stands. Doesn't look like they have any intention of moving the park anytime soon. It would have been a great concept though.

Yeah, you're probably right. White Water hasn't given anything about something that's happening, so I'm still not expecting any big move.
| Formally "Thunderbolter" |

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 18, 2011, 06:05:40 PM »
[/quote]
Why is it that HFEC is so willing to pour more money into WW and of course DW but not SDC? I just don't understand why SDC gets left out.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 06:06:21 PM by joshblakebran »
Colorado SDC Fan

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #102 on: August 18, 2011, 08:04:57 PM »
Why is it that HFEC is so willing to pour more money into WW and of course DW but not SDC? I just don't understand why SDC gets left out.
[/quote]

In all fairness, SDC is not left out. HDH this year and RB last year. I know they're not massive new projects, but it is something. I see what you're saying though.
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #103 on: August 18, 2011, 08:20:07 PM »
It all depends on where the chain forseas themselves making the most profit. Water parks seem to be coming back in style, judging by all the additions and new parks springing up around the country. WW was almost to a stage where they needed to update it or let it die before they started rebuilding it a couple of years ago. It still doesn't hold a candle to most parks, even those in the region, but that might change with a good slide tower and increased theming. A lot of people seem to be flocking to the water parks as cheaper alternatives to the big dry parks.

SDC on the other hand doesn't have as much potential to increase their revenue right now. Even if they spent millions on a big new ride they might see less attendance due to the number of people striking trips to SDC from their budgets. DW is in an area with more stable jobs I guess, or at least a much bigger market.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 29, 2012, 11:34:39 AM »
It all depends on where the chain forseas themselves making the most profit. Water parks seem to be coming back in style, judging by all the additions and new parks springing up around the country. WW was almost to a stage where they needed to update it or let it die before they started rebuilding it a couple of years ago. It still doesn't hold a candle to most parks, even those in the region, but that might changbe with a good slide tower and increased theming. A lot of people seem to be flocking to the water parks as cheaper alternatives to the big dry parks.

SDC on the other hand doesn't have as much potential to increase their revenue right now. Even if they spent millions on a big new ride they might see less attendance due to the number of people striking trips to SDC from their budgets. DW is in an area with more stable jobs I guess, or at least a much bigger market.

You know, I just read this and I don't see how there is much more of a stable job market than NWA. In fact things are picking up steam in retail and housing. Existing lot prices actually are ticking up from their bottom and gas is actually cheaper now from when this thread last posted in.