Silver Dollar City & Celebration City Discussion > General Silver Dollar City Talk

Baggage Check

(1/5) > >>

dwfan:
Do you think Silver Dollar City & Dollywood need baggage check?

betamike:
Yes!!!  Every place needs a bag check!   Wal-Mart needs a bag check.   You would not believe the stuff we find in peoples bags at Disney.   This isn't a political statement, but now that guns are pretty much able to go lots of places, I'd feel better with one.   

It's our society now.  Nothing will change the need for the bag check.

Andymeets1880s:
I agree with bag checks too. You cant judge someone by thinking "Oh, no patrons of SDC would carry a gun or do something dangerous."  Changed world, new rules!

mhguy77:
Dollywood didn't check bags, they didn't even check our cooler at the water park.
I understand the baggage checks but hate to think we are at that point in our society.
But I guess we are.
After 911 they did have baggage checks at SDC in the entrance. Seems like that's when they closed the little bridge there in the entrance arena.

rubedugans:
SDC had a bag check post 9/11 for a while directly next to the water clock. That lasted for a while, but I think it shows trust from HFEC with their guests. It does feel like a bit of a hassel @ SF StL going through the tent near the front gates. All food, weapons (or what they deem as weapons-chain wallets, aerosol sprays etc) are taken, or entry is not permitted. Ray can walk around with a 14" bowie knife strapped to his leg...who knows what other people might have. I would want the bag check as long as it does not not impede the flow of traffic for non bag carriers, or obstruct the view of the clock.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version