Author Topic: Baggage Check  (Read 6353 times)

betamike

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • Silver Dollar City Photo Group on Flickr
Re: Baggage Check
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2010, 04:09:10 PM »
^ I knew there was a steam train joke in this thread somewhere!   :P
You've Got A Great Past Just Ahead Of You!

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2010, 05:31:48 PM »
Please no baggage checks...Earlier there was a very popular thread about the "aura" of SDC...Lately, I've seen threads concerning the sell of alcohol at SDC (which would be an atrocity in my opinion) and now baggage checks. Both of these things would do a lot to destroy the "aura" of SDC. Of course, this is just my opinion, but I would hate to see either of these things happen.
Colorado SDC Fan

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2010, 05:53:08 PM »
^ I knew there was a steam train joke in this thread somewhere!   :P

Could baggage checks be done in a comical, entertaining way - themed to checking bags for the train?  As with everything, theme changes it from routine and intrusive to fun and entertaining.

Alcohol is easily themed, as well, but I am adamantly against it.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 05:54:08 PM by History Buff »
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Hatfield McCoy

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2010, 06:55:29 PM »
A would be terrorist most likely wouldn't even use a bag when the side pouch on a pair of cargo pants will do nicely.

Are pat downs next.  Don't stop there, lets get one of those new scanners that let you see through the clothes and dub it Doc Harris's New Fangled Telescope.  Seriously where does it end.  Bag checks/security checks at the convenience/gas station?  In fact that would be more logical as your chances of being attacked there are infinitely more likely. 

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2010, 05:00:50 AM »
Think like a terrorist: the most damage that could be done at SDC, aside from one of the theaters, would be setting off a backpack bomb at the entrance, where people are crowded (and would be more crowded if they were waiting to pass through security checks).

And still, that number would be small compared to what they could get at any mall where teens hang out on a weekend.

There is no potential threat at SDC that would justify increasing security.

Twinsmom98

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2010, 10:05:55 AM »
I would not mind a baggage check the only thing I have is a fannyback.  You can't get much in there.