Author Topic: SDCFans Teachers  (Read 100889 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: SDCFans Teachers
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2009, 12:49:36 PM »
9 days?  Ouch! :o We get out for break on the 18th.  ;D

We'll be back down at the park again on the 19th for our last visit of the season  :'(
SWOOSH

StaceySue

• Cave Guide
  • Avid Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2009, 07:40:02 PM »
We're out the 18th, too.  We've already had a Christmas visit to SDC, but I was hoping to go again.  It looks like it won't happen this year.  I know I should be grateful that I went once--lol.

We went shopping tonight for gifts.  We hadn't bought anything yet.  I'm barely keeping my eyes open, and it's only 7:37!  I am going to bed early.  We have a speech tournament tomorrow.

But then, only five days left!  Bring on the last minute due dates and finals!  I'm ready!!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2009, 08:23:29 PM »
5 days seems like a lot of days left, but we'll make it.  Will definitely be glad for some days off (in-a-row).  This semester flew by, but it sure seemed like I was busier than normal.

SWOOSH

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2009, 12:22:01 PM »
Did it ever! It flew by here as well. only 7 more days here (the last two are 1/2 days for finals BTW). So 7 more mornings, but really only 4-5 more instructional days.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2009, 07:59:07 PM »
2 half days - man, do it in 1 and get it over with.

Five more days here.  We can do it!  We even have the Christmas program, this year, and I've scored the role of Santa - singing and dancing and the whole nine yards.  We're thinking we should take our 100 fourth graders on the road.  Think there's a theater in Branson for us?
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2009, 08:07:20 PM »
Half days allow for 3 finals one day, time to go home and "study" and 3 finals the following day. Besides as long as we are in school until 11:40am it counts as a full day. They have always done this, even back to when I went to school there. Seems to work for them!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2009, 10:06:50 PM »
Think there's a theater in Branson for us?

The Grand Palace is sitting empty right now. ;)
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2009, 10:29:13 PM »
We had our winter concert tonight with the JH and HS bands. 
It was BY FAR our best concert yet.  These kids just keep getting more and more talented every year.  So proud of them  ;D

SWOOSH

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2009, 11:12:59 PM »
Not to compete, but that's me as the Grateful Dead version of Santa:

After hours of hard work, we had a great show.  I'm adding a new chapter to my book:  Teachers Can Achieve Miracles with Butcher Paper.  What could we do with actual materials?

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2009, 03:01:14 PM »
2 years ago I had to decorate a garbage dumpster to look like a sleigh in order for our fearless principal to have a mode of transportation for the reindeer(teachers wearing antlers) as he enetered the gym playing Santa for our assembly. It was decked out with icicles, presents, the works!!! All made from roll paper for bulliten boards. then when it was over, all that was needed was to flip the paper into the actual dumpster, and ta da! clean up is done! I totally understand where you are coming from Nice Job!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2009, 12:28:46 AM »
IDK about you other teachers, but I feel like I have been more busy since I've gone on break then when I was back in school.   :D
SWOOSH

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2009, 07:33:12 AM »
Wouldn't know! :-\...When I get there I'll let you know!

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2009, 04:05:42 PM »
IDK about you other teachers, but I feel like I have been more busy since I've gone on break then when I was back in school.   :D

Nope.  Went to Eureka Springs for the weekend, got sick and puked my way back home on Sunday.  Feeling much better now, thank you very much.  Daughter had to go to school yesterday and today, so it feels like break just started.  Now waiting for the snow to start in a couple of days.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 22, 2009, 04:48:33 PM »
I think that I am so overly busy because I am the only off -- wife gets off Wednesday (she works at a medical school) so I got to finish Christmas shopping and then had to laundry and what-not... then on top of that I had to get the house prepped for the painters to come in as they are repainting and repairing sheet rock while we are gone to the Bahamas, which I am also getting finalized and stuff -- yeah busy.
SWOOSH

StaceySue

• Cave Guide
  • Avid Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 23, 2009, 11:31:12 PM »

I have been busy!  I'm still grading papers--ahh!  I hadn't cleaned my house since Thanksgiving, and I hadn't bought a single present.  But after today, those two things are pretty much accomplished.  I baked an apple pie and made candied apples and peanut butter cookies today, too.  I also squeezed in a haircut. We teachers must do what we can on breaks. 

But I still have loads of papers to grade, not counting this theme park project I had the kids do that was due the last day of class.  Now I have to go to school and grade the things--what was I thinking?  Luckily, my grades aren't due until Jan. 6.