Author Topic: Baseball- GO Cardinals!  (Read 88628 times)

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
Re: Baseball- GO Cardinals!
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2009, 12:00:28 AM »
Hah.  That's crazy.

A good win tonight in a tight game.  It was good to see Welly pitch well.  Gives me more confidence for the season.  Gotta keep ahead of those pesky cubs.
"Why do they call them Wild Women?"

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2009, 01:47:57 AM »
A total of 3-5 runs scored makes for great baseball.

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2009, 10:45:45 PM »
Well....we've lost Chris Carpenter for awhile.  I knew when they first indicated that it was his side that he had pulled it on his at bat.  I hope the rest of the pitchers can pick up the slack.  I think we'll be okay as long as we don't lose another one.

Tough loss after all that.  But we came roaring back this afternoon.  Great job!  Don't let a little setback get you down.

saladdays

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2009, 10:38:22 AM »
Well....we've lost Chris Carpenter for awhile.  I knew when they first indicated that it was his side that he had pulled it on his at bat.  I hope the rest of the pitchers can pick up the slack.  I think we'll be okay as long as we don't lose another one.

Tough loss after all that.  But we came roaring back this afternoon.  Great job!  Don't let a little setback get you down.

Still better than losing Carpenter for the whole year, which would have been the case if he re-injured his arm.

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2009, 11:51:34 PM »
Note to self: Checking the scores and doing the Snoopy Happy Dance in the living room isn't a good idea.

Not when we beat the Cubs 7-4 in the first matchup of the season, and especially not in front of your raving Cubs loonie spouse.  :-\
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 11:52:11 PM by KBCraig »

sdcforever

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2009, 04:15:20 PM »
Well, today was another painful loss.  We get Zambrano on an off day, and then lose when he leaves the game.  We are now on pace for 67 blown saves (we had 31 last year, which was almost a MLB record).  If we had a solid long reliever and closer we would be 11-1 so far this year instead of 8-4. :(

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2009, 10:02:07 PM »
Yes...oh for the days of having a dominant bullpen.  Oh well, maybe KB's wife will let him out of the doghouse for a day. LOL  The good news is we're still up on 'em.

How 'bout those Royals.  On top of the AL Central.  Record not spectacular at 5-4, but hey, I hope they have a good year.

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2009, 06:44:01 PM »
Ouch, that hurt.  >:(

When we get 5 or 6 deep in the bullpen, we might as well be holding tryouts.

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2009, 08:50:55 AM »
The pain of Saturday's loss is eased by seeing what Cleveland did to the Yankees.

22-4? I've seen t-ball games that weren't so lopsided!

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2009, 06:25:35 PM »
Glad to see today's game postponed due to rain.  Our BP needs a little rest.  Actually, I thought Motte, Franklin, and Perez did alright in their innings, 7 through 10...no runs, got out of some jams.  We just couldn't take advantage of our own scoring opportunities.  Ankiel, 0 for 6; Pujols, 0 for 4.  Not ragging on Albert, he certainly has proved himself.  But I'd like to see Rasmus get a couple of starts in CF and see how he does.

Yah, that was a wild one at the new Yankee Stadium.  Fourteen runs in one inning?  Two runs short of the major league record set back on June 18, 1894, Boston vs. Baltimore.

sdcforever

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2009, 12:42:13 PM »
^Yeah, NY isn't very happy with their Yankees right now.  I watched the Indians-Yankees game yesterday and that ruling of a homerun for Posada was a joke!  Even with video review the umps still got it wrong.  It was total fan interference.  The fan reached over the fence and put his glove over the outfielder's glove impeding him from making the catch.  In fact, the fan's glove even touched the outfielder's glove.  It wouldn't be such a big deal except it was the pivotal play of the game!  The problem is the way the rule is written, needing "clear and decisive" evidence to overturn a call.  That means that the rule is written so it's almost impossible to overturn a call, right or wrong.  I mean, if the ump had originally ruled it was fan interference chances are it wouldn't have been overturned with video review either.  What a joke.

I also think it's a joke that the media thinks ARod is a god or something.  They kept talking yesterday during the game about how ARod would turn the club around when he returns, and that he'd probably hit only 50 homeruns since he's missing a couple months of the season.  Hello!  Has he been that pivotal the past five seasons for the Yankees?  No.  And the team's having no problem scoring runs without him (they're averaging over 5 runs a game right now).  The Yankees problem is their pitching, and last time I checked ARod doesn't pitch.  All this ARod worship by the media makes me sick.  He's a very good player, but he is not a clubhouse leader or a team changer.  He hasn't been able to turn the Yankees around since he's been there.  This year won't be any different.  They talk about him as if he's Derek Jeter, who is a class act, a great player, and a clubhouse leader.  The Yankees would be worse off if it was Jeter out with an injury right now.

Anyway, we've got two big series coming up, hosting the Mets and Cubs.  We really need to win both series to boost our confidence.  I keep waiting to see if Freese will be sent down to make room for another bullpen arm.  I'm sure it'll happen some time this week.

amazonman

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2009, 12:40:31 PM »
Go KC ROYALS

themeparkguy

• Jr. Citizen
  • My mind is always at a theme park
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2009, 01:27:22 PM »
I guess its time to come out of the closet on this thread-- GO CUBS!

sdcforever

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2009, 03:26:16 PM »
I guess its time to come out of the closet on this thread-- GO CUBS!

Out of curiosity, who are your rivals besides the Cards and White Sox?  I know we have a big rivalry with the Astros too, and a smaller one with the Royals.

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2009, 07:19:24 PM »
Hey, Hey!  Just completed a three game sweep of the Mets to take a 1-1/2 game lead in the Central.  The bats definitely came alive today, with Albert jumping into the NL lead in HR's and RBI's.  Next up...the Cubs, who stubbed their toes against Cincy.