Author Topic: 2023 Crowds / Trip Reports  (Read 16470 times)

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: 2023 Crowds / Trip Reports
« Reply #90 on: January 01, 2024, 09:22:48 PM »
We had the honor to be on the final train on the Original Fire in the Hole!

We were lucky enough to be on the first train of the season and on the last of the season!

A huge surprise was the handcrafted gifts that were made in the City! The first was a piece of the original track! Second was a handcrafted mug that has the final ride date.

It was a very special night that our family will never forget!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2024, 09:50:17 PM by mg »

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 02, 2024, 08:19:27 AM »
^ Congratulations!  Now that's a memory worth creating!
I'm Your Huckleberry

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #92 on: January 02, 2024, 10:22:39 PM »
That is awesome mg, so glad one of us could have that experience.

PastorDon

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 15, 2024, 12:07:49 PM »
Hoping to make it to the city sometime in '24 and really looking forward to riding the new FITH. I've said for a long time SDC needed a traditional dark ride with rich theming and it sounds like this is it!
For those who have been there I'm curious to know how they worked out the new train track crossing at FL?
In His grip!

underdog250

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 15, 2024, 02:19:51 PM »

We were lucky enough to be on the first train of the season and on the last of the season!

A huge surprise was the handcrafted gifts that were made in the City! The first was a piece of the original track! Second was a handcrafted mug that has the final ride date.

That's awesome MG! I was also in the final 48 to ride. I was the guy dressed up like Red Flanders!

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 18, 2024, 07:48:27 AM »
As for the highway stories, I think that the road changes on 76 have had a huge impact. We were there Monday and Wednesday this week, and Thanksgiving night and never hit traffic. We were really surprised.

Overall, we thought operations were great last night. It wasn't super packed, but very busy. We did enter through the side gate that goes down by the cave and enters the park by the candy shop. Lines looked long for food, but they all seemed to move quickly.

We've been down about 5 times so far for An Old Time Christmas and haven't had a bad experience! I tend to just post on Facebook and Instagram... never thinking to post a report here.

I always come via Kimberling City, often find allocated hooch at Harter House, lol

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 19, 2024, 12:21:40 AM »
I always come via Kimberling City, often find allocated hooch at Harter House, lol

We always came via Kimberling City in the '70s and '80s. We rarely went into Branson, sticking to SDC and SOTH.

76 was just two lanes, and turning left was an adventure. We went to some music shows, and were grateful for those folks who would stop to let you turn left.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 21, 2024, 08:53:48 PM »

That's awesome MG! I was also in the final 48 to ride. I was the guy dressed up like Red Flanders!

👋 It was such a fun thing to experience!