Author Topic: Bus/Tram/Parking/Accesability  (Read 456 times)

Lampie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
Bus/Tram/Parking/Accesability
« on: December 14, 2023, 11:27:07 AM »
I’ve found myself wondering if tied to the parking renovations the park is doing, if they will at the end of it make any changes to the trams/buses. It seems like they have added a lot of handicap parking spots in the lots they have redone(maybe it’s the same amount but it feels like they added more). The trams and buses aren’t very easy for many handicapped people to get on. So I’ve been wondering if they would be making any changes to the trams to be more handicap accessible. It seems like a ramp and a strap system for wheelchairs would be an easy thing to add to the trams. And maybe a portable or retractable step to help people that can’t step up as easily onto the tram.

I also wish they would only use the trams and would not use buses. I think they could add some type of wind/rain screen that’s removable to the trams.

I’m curious to hear other thoughts on this.

tmstephe

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
Re: Bus/Tram/Parking/Accesability
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2023, 07:13:25 AM »
We were there at Thanksgiving and commented on the larger use of busses.  It seems like it would be lower capacity and take longer to load/unload than the trams.  But you’re right - busses are climate controlled.   We actually ended up walking every time because the weather was nice and we weren’t terribly far away.  It’ll be interesting to see what the finished product looks like.