Author Topic: SDC's 2023 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 124164 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: SDC's 2023 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #495 on: March 16, 2023, 08:47:56 AM »
New concrete pad for the little swings in Fireman’s Landing.

New foundations in Lake Silver. Could these be for the return of REJOICE? They seem to be too spaced out for anything structural like a wider walkway so I’m am guessing decorative.

There was quite a bit of active contraction on the new Fried Fancies happening yesterday.
Also, there was active construction happening in the building behind fireman’s landing. It looks like quite a bit of steel has gone up in the building.

And most importantly, there is an express line outside Clara Belles for the original cinnamon bread. My only issue with it is that it is Dollywood style where there is no icing on the cinnamon bread and they give you a container of icing. The icing is cold and not warm like it is when they put it directly on the warm bread.

Thanks for the update once again!

I'd wager you are right about the rejoice sign. Not sure what else would be able to use those footers. I know it's something people have been asking for, and it's a relatively easy one to fulfill and make people happy. Will be good to see it again, or whatever its replacement is.

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: March 16, 2023, 09:16:39 AM »
I'm upset that I never experienced the "Float Trip" - we were there when it was in existence, but somehow my parents kept that hid from us.

American Plunge used to be a really great ride when the tunnel had all the effects within it. Now it's just concrete walls. I do wish they would do something, but replacing that concrete would be extremely expensive.

Jay

What kind of effects did it have in the tunnel of American Plunge?

There were different show scenes in the cave, but the one thing that stood out to me were the "3d face effects" .  I think they called it a haunted cave.

Jay

mudhead

• Always ready for a spin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: March 16, 2023, 09:59:47 AM »
I'm upset that I never experienced the "Float Trip" - we were there when it was in existence, but somehow my parents kept that hid from us.

American Plunge used to be a really great ride when the tunnel had all the effects within it. Now it's just concrete walls. I do wish they would do something, but replacing that concrete would be extremely expensive.

Jay

What kind of effects did it have in the tunnel of American Plunge?

There were different show scenes in the cave, but the one thing that stood out to me were the "3d face effects" .  I think they called it a haunted cave.

Jay

There also was a scene where there was a boat wreck with a fountain effect and another spot where it looked as if your log was going to be over run with water rushing down the wall at you. Both instances had some "past champion" characters that you were introduced to on some signage along the queue. I also miss the "We made it together, Me and you" theme song they used to have, I have not heard that one for a while
Going through life one ride at a time.
Going to SDC since 1972, and loving every trip.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: March 16, 2023, 01:27:32 PM »
A few of the props on American Plunge have been repainted. Also, the lights in the tunnel flicker completely out now, before it was a constant fire flicker effect.

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #499 on: March 16, 2023, 03:57:14 PM »
Video from our trip yesterday with a look at all the work going on. https://youtu.be/_1ZjbmcXruM
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: March 16, 2023, 09:01:06 PM »
Video from our trip yesterday with a look at all the work going on. https://youtu.be/_1ZjbmcXruM

Didn't you just post a video about days you won't go to parks?

It sounds like this should have been one of those days!  ;D

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #501 on: March 16, 2023, 09:19:46 PM »

LoL yep it certainly was one of those days. But braved it for the construction footage and to get my daughters pass.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

tmstephe

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: March 17, 2023, 08:01:16 AM »
New concrete pad for the little swings in Fireman’s Landing.

New foundations in Lake Silver. Could these be for the return of REJOICE? They seem to be too spaced out for anything structural like a wider walkway so I’m am guessing decorative.

Here are two pics from yesterday of the new foundations.  I was wondering what they were for, too

tmstephe

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: March 17, 2023, 08:05:02 AM »
Here’s a pano of the new Flossies and seating area.  They were painting the building yellow and working on roofing before the rain moved in.

tmstephe

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: March 17, 2023, 08:10:01 PM »
Here are a few shots of FITH 2.0. It’ll blend in really nicely with the existing Fireman’s Landing.

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #505 on: March 17, 2023, 10:18:12 PM »
Does the back side of the Fireman’s Landing building look like anything but a warehouse? It would be nice if that entire building looked the same now that we’ll see the whole thing.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #506 on: March 18, 2023, 05:48:27 PM »

Checked these out today and I assure they’re not new.  They are indeed the former foundations for the Rejoice sign.  The water is usually up higher which hides these from sight.  The sign is not coming back it was thrown away. 
SWOOSH

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: March 19, 2023, 07:45:40 AM »
When looking at old photos on midwestinfoguide, the foundations are not there. Below is a cropped version of this photo: https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-sNaUlfFoAtw/XgAFpv5brTI/AAAAAAAA3gI/XJ3rYbiEuVYdLlL3vaJ8FGZcKZV3YK1DgCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/IMG_7625.JPG
The foundations are not in the photo.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #508 on: March 19, 2023, 08:19:36 AM »
The footers would not be visible in the photo you posted.  They’d be behind the branch

The bolts are rusted
« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 12:16:06 PM by Swoosh »
SWOOSH

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: March 19, 2023, 03:03:47 PM »

Great you tube Sr Willow.
I have not been to the city since the BBQ place was built on the lake.  I was shocked at the change of scenery.  The view across the lake is much less pronounced.  The new BBQ place is all I could see then the building from 2.0 !!! Wow what a sightline.  I hate to see the views change so drastically, I wonder how summer leaves will assist in cleaning this up and making it look more natural.  Looks like SDC has really changed the "look".
« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 06:30:58 PM by mhguy77 »