Author Topic: SDC's 2023 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 124235 times)

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2023 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #465 on: February 23, 2023, 04:08:05 PM »
If they do replace Thunderation it would need to be with another mine train.  It's too perfect a fit for the park seeing as how SDC is based on an 1880s Ozarks mining village. 
I'm Your Huckleberry

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: February 23, 2023, 05:36:35 PM »
If they do replace Thunderation it would need to be with another mine train.  It's too perfect a fit for the park seeing as how SDC is based on an 1880s Ozarks mining village.

"Theme"? How quaint.

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: February 23, 2023, 05:48:15 PM »
^ Maybe "theme" at it's barest minimum but that's still the theme.  Hopefully the PTB still recognize that.
I'm Your Huckleberry

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: February 23, 2023, 06:25:30 PM »
ON TOPIC: Here are several photo updates of current projects

Parking Lot
http://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2023/02/city-update-parking-sdc.html

We've heard that this project won't be completed until this summer, so it will be interesting to see where they will park everyone here in a couple of weeks when the park opens for the season on March 11th

Understatement of the year? Decade? Century?

Drove through the area on Tuesday, 2/21. It's hard to imagine the park being ready to open March 11. Maybe the large paved lot out at Notch will be used for parking.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #469 on: February 23, 2023, 11:20:42 PM »
Received some interesting news today.  Apparently they’ve not really done any work on the new furniture store.  Also there appears to have been some widening of the Hill Street path down Cardiac Hill. 
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #470 on: February 24, 2023, 08:45:48 AM »
I've been noticing that in the pictures. I keep remarking on how empty the lot looks and how small the building is, but then I realize there's supposed to be another building there...

It's probably being held up by issues with getting certain materials and contracts with whoever is going to operate the space. I know they want to bring back some semblance of the old fashioned belt driven system for the demonstrations, which probably requires a whole engineering firm to figure out. Depending on how fancy they want it to be I feel like it's one of those things that probably originates in Germany and gets shipped over here a year late. Seems to always be the case with specialty engineering. Hopefully it works out. I really wanted to see it make a come back the right way and I applauded them for their efforts to bring it back at least similar to the way it was.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: February 24, 2023, 08:55:11 AM »
Last year, the workers in the furniture store were very open about it not being built in time for the opening of this season; the goal seemed to be for the second half of the season.

I take the longer timeframe as a good sign that they are taking their time to do it right and not just throw up a furniture store with little to no demonstration area.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2023, 08:58:42 AM by mg »

flutas

• View Profile
« Reply #472 on: February 24, 2023, 06:29:43 PM »
ON TOPIC: Here are several photo updates of current projects

Parking Lot
http://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2023/02/city-update-parking-sdc.html

We've heard that this project won't be completed until this summer, so it will be interesting to see where they will park everyone here in a couple of weeks when the park opens for the season on March 11th

Understatement of the year? Decade? Century?

Drove through the area on Tuesday, 2/21. It's hard to imagine the park being ready to open March 11. Maybe the large paved lot out at Notch will be used for parking.

Good view of just how big this project is, and the before/almost current state of it.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: February 27, 2023, 04:04:46 PM »
Now we know what the tomato can label teaser was on Facebook... World's Largest Tomato Can. It is like how Dollywood had the world's largest can of beans.

• NEW Canopy Sky featuring 72 rows and 1,000 colorful pennants soaring above Valley Road
  • NEW World's Largest Tomato Can, a classic roadside attraction for the perfect photo op
  • NEW Rocker Garden, a place to kick back and enjoy a glass of lemonade and great conversation
  • Family Games in 3 Locations - challenge your crew to a friendly game of corn hole, checkers and more
  • NEW Rainmaker street performances in Rivertown
  • Colorful characters to meet throughout The City

https://www.silverdollarcity.com/theme-park/festivals/summer-celebration/

Irrumater

• View Profile
« Reply #474 on: February 28, 2023, 05:38:09 PM »
I received my Spring SDC Times mailer today. Looks like they plan to play up the final year for FITH with an app enabled scavenger hunt to find Red Flanders pants. I have done a few of these style games while at Disney so it has a chance at being fun.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #475 on: March 02, 2023, 01:04:26 PM »
They are really hamming it up with all the FITH stuff on social media and I am here for it. It's like the social media person is one of us. They get the charm of the attraction at least. Will be very disappointing if none of that charm/storytelling makes the leap to the new attraction, but seeing as they are in charge of the theming themselves that shouldn't be an issue.

LOL at the giant tomato can, but the Rainmaker making a comeback is awesome! I remember people requesting that way back when this site started. I think it did make a comeback at one point during this site's existence.

What I really want to see come back is the Mine and Percy's restaurants. No mention of them on the site yet...

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: March 09, 2023, 02:33:55 PM »
Fire in the Hole is getting on ride photos this season.

I assume that these will be on-ride and not some other photo op.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #477 on: March 09, 2023, 10:55:26 PM »
Fire in the Hole is getting on ride photos this season.

I assume that these will be on-ride and not some other photo op.

Think what they did for Time Traveler.  The photo op near Saloon facing FITH.  Photo Booth will be near the actual attraction.  Definitely not an on ride photo
SWOOSH

legoerosion

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: March 09, 2023, 11:59:49 PM »
Can confirm that it will be a photo op and not on-ride. No use in spending so much $$$ on a new camera, building, computers and servers for a farewell season. The new FiTH will have one on-ride.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: March 10, 2023, 03:43:46 AM »
I guess that makes sense. I assumed that the cameras were more of a turnkey rental program and not necessarily an outright purchase.