Author Topic: SDC's 2023 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 124218 times)

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2023 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #255 on: August 08, 2022, 04:20:49 PM »
Thank you Swoosh for the pictures - it is really hard to have patience with this project, so many questions with so little known to us without any inside information....

Disney does a great job of making the front of the house look amazing, and I thought SDC did a decent job with Red Heritage - but the part facing Grand Exposition is just a mural (granted it's nice looking but I think they could have done better). The current Fire in the Hole building isn't that grand during the winter and early spring months - but by summer the foliage has taken over and it blends well. So will there be foliage to blend the building, will there be murals, will there be a complete facade attached???? 

This building is really looking like a warehouse, not attractive at all, but I'm sure when it's done it will be acceptable and fit in with the park....but the waiting.....just tease us with a picture showing us what it's going to look like...

I need to learn patience.

Jay

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #256 on: August 20, 2022, 05:43:28 PM »
Façades are going up on the gravity building and front of the load area

SWOOSH

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 27, 2022, 04:23:50 PM »
Any pictures of the facades going up? Can you tell what look they are trying to achieve with what has been installed so far?

I'm really surprised they haven't started teasing this thing yet.

Jay

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 27, 2022, 08:11:59 PM »
A few photos of the progress. Inside you can see HVAC and fire sprinkler work going on.

Lampie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 01, 2022, 10:32:45 AM »
A little more progress on the facade.
 You can see some windows framed out in the facade by the entrance area that look they are using forced perspective to make the building appear taller(the windows get smaller as you go up each level on the building).
Maybe I’ve missed it but I noticed that there is a second garage door entrance to the building on the side by pumpkin plaza, right by the plaza shipping container wall. I don’t remember seeing that or hearing anything about it before.

Lampie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 08, 2022, 10:48:43 PM »
The waterfall behind lumbercamp has been shut off and the pond drained. Work on footings is taking place for whatever will replace Flossie’s.

Pudgy Jones

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 09, 2022, 08:42:11 AM »
Well I hope they turn the waterfall back on before I visit next month. That's my favorite place in the park to eat!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #262 on: September 09, 2022, 10:57:05 AM »
Wow, they are really expanding the area. Makes you wonder what they are trying to fit in considering they already had so much open area to work with.

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 11, 2022, 10:31:12 AM »
That side of the park is going to look so much different in the next couple of years. With this area changing and the Fire In The Hole area also changing - our park is going to be so different.

I wonder if they'll complete the Wildfire loop to the Powder Keg loop any time soon? A nice tall rotating drop ride would be cool out there on the point, something to get you up in the air so you can see the surrounding area.

Jay

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #264 on: September 21, 2022, 10:34:17 AM »
Getting pretty weird how long it has taken for them to make an announcement on this. As we've said before, they probably could finish it pretty quick since most of it is probably being constructed off-site and it's indoors so construction won't have to deal with weather delays, but it's still odd that it hasn't been announced or even teased. Mystic River and Fireman's Landing were both announced in August despite the fact that they had to close beloved former attractions for them.

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 21, 2022, 03:07:06 PM »
I read a trip report on another site that said they thought that FITH was running well and everything was operating appropriately (unlike the FM which seemed to be in poor condition). They also said they were able to look inside the big new building and the inside was empty??

It really does seem quiet regarding a big new attraction. I too would think that SDC would have promoted this a bit more by now, but then again - unlike Lost River - FITH is open everyday the park is open. So they could be waiting to give it a send off once the 2023 Season passes go on sale.

Jay

SharkWatch

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 23, 2022, 08:34:45 AM »
For what it is worth, I was at the park this Sunday and here's a pic I snapped on the train. The building does appear to be empty right now.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 25, 2022, 11:05:53 PM »
Work continues on the facade of the entrance plaza. The part I can’t quite figure out is the gap between the entrance area facade and the taller facade to the right. Maybe there will be another later added? Didn’t get a picture illustrating this gap.

It also looks like they are preparing to paint the white exterior sections.

legoerosion

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 26, 2022, 10:12:58 AM »
That facade seems to be more “modern” or “city-like” than the current one at FiTH.

Pudgy Jones

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 28, 2022, 08:55:59 AM »
That facade seems to be more “modern” or “city-like” than the current one at FiTH.

I thought the same thing. But hey...it's the 21st century. A 19th century theme park is so 20th century.  ;D