Author Topic: SDC's 2023 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 124199 times)

legoerosion

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2023 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #210 on: June 16, 2022, 11:23:07 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if they planted trees along the highway side of the building when construction is done, allowing it to be "hidden" with the dark brown siding. If they are installing windows, that would be interesting. It'd be hard to do the night scenes with natural light coming in.

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 16, 2022, 01:52:01 PM »
They could also use the same kind of vine planting they have now on the original. That building isn't the prettiest when the leaves are not on the vines. But driving next to that part of the park with all the maintenance buildings, storage, etc. - isn't the prettiest of sights anyhow, so they might just leave as a big brown box.

Maybe the window block outs are more for a façade and not true windows? Maybe?

Jay

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #212 on: June 17, 2022, 03:52:02 AM »
They’re not putting in windows.  Why would you think they putting in windows. 
SWOOSH

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 17, 2022, 07:41:00 AM »
I think they took your “order We have what looks like a window pattern going…” to mean actual windows and not as a architectural design element.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 17, 2022, 09:53:26 PM »
There’s barely enough room for a queue let alone a gift shop and why would they take photos on a coaster that will be mainly in the dark.  Seriously?
SWOOSH

Lampie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 18, 2022, 07:14:47 AM »
There’s barely enough room for a queue let alone a gift shop and why would they take photos on a coaster that will be mainly in the dark.  Seriously?

$$$$$$ on ride photos are easy money. They wouldn’t be the first place to have photos on a dark ride. I’m not saying that it will happen, just trying to point out that is not as unreasonable as you seem to think.

tmstephe

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 18, 2022, 08:05:10 AM »

Honest question - why the attitude, Swoosh?  Your information is entertaining and I appreciate your posts, but I just don’t see the need for foul language or belittling others.  This is a fan site.  We’re all here to share our love of SDC.  Cheers.   

legoerosion

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 18, 2022, 09:06:49 AM »
Because ride photos are easy $$$$$ for the park, and the cameras have a flash on them? How do you think they do photos in moonlight madness? This ride will have photos on it 100%

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 18, 2022, 02:38:22 PM »
I hope they do something with the highway side. Otherwise, it's going to look like a warehouse.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #219 on: June 18, 2022, 06:32:41 PM »
I hope they do something with the highway side. Otherwise, it's going to look like a warehouse.

It doesn't really matter from the outside.  I was able to go almost all the way around the backstage areas of EPCOT, and as you can imagine, the illusion on the inside of the park is completely shattered on the outside.  Of course, Disney didn't let me photograph back there, but it is very much industrial- and warehouse-based. 

Of course, the backside of Red Gold looks like a warehouse from the INSIDE of the park - in GE.  That's still inexcusable in my opinion.

I would suggest that they use the new building as signage facing the highway.  A huge SDC sign/mural could be a really cool first look at the park - as long as it's not cheaply done. 
« Last Edit: June 20, 2022, 09:50:06 AM by History Buff »
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 19, 2022, 01:23:44 AM »

Why would that matter? It’s the Highway side not the park
SWOOSH

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 19, 2022, 09:17:25 PM »
The “windowed” area now has brown metal in it.

No pictures of it, but the power poles along the trail from Pumpkin Plaza now have wires going between them and some going across the path. Assume that these are to hang the various festival decorations from.

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 20, 2022, 12:03:15 AM »

Why would that matter? It’s the Highway side not the park

It's IN the park, so it IS the park. Everyone driving past knows it's the park.

Theming matters even before you step through the gates. That's why they have themed ads and road signs before you reach the park.

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 20, 2022, 08:34:05 AM »
Craig,

I understand what you're saying, but SDC hasn't really cared about that area for a long time. For the last several  years as you drive by you could easily see the Cargo Crate Halloween plaza wall, the stored holiday booths, ride parts, metal maintenance buildings, the back of fireman's landing, etc. - they really have treated that area as "back of the house" even if you can see it.

The Red Gold theater is only painted red with a Grand Exposition logo on the side of it...so maybe if we're lucky, it won't stay as a brown box and they'll use it as a billboard with some cool SDC pictures on the side of the building.

I wonder what Mary would have done?

Jay

MCLFLN

• Jr. Citizen
  • Going since 1978
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 20, 2022, 08:46:35 AM »
There is another thread for that :o
But...the answer is she is already spinning in her grave.... ;D

The reality is that things change (some good / some bad) and we need to focus on the good (but we can still share our thoughts with those in charge and hope they listen)

As much as we all love this park (or why are we all on a board dedicated to it) - it is still just a theme park and the primary goal is to make money (just reality)

I wonder what Mary would have done?